1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MINI (newbie) in Minnesota!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 07:49 PM
joshualk
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MINI (newbie) in Minnesota!

Hello~ Joshua here. My love of MINIs has been long-time, but always from far away... until last year when my mom came out as a MINI lover. As I assisted her in ordering & purchasing her dream MINI, it gave me an opportunity to learn and prepare, and move closer to actualizing my own MINI-mania.

And now, in May of 2013 it is done - I purchased my dream MINI - an all black MINI Cooper S. It arrived last week, and I have been scouring this forum for weeks in anticipation of it's arrival... and since it's arrival I have been busy installing small upgrades/additions (front mud flaps, rear fog light switch panel/toggle, etc) - thank god for the rainy weather which made it absolutely acceptable for me spend the later part of the week and weekend in the garage - working on and learning all about my MINI! So bring on the summer weather, road trips, and continual modifications...

First-up: Since I missed my opportunity for the Dragon, is there anyone in Minnesota who does the various vehicle programming options - such as comfort close / city lights only for DRL / auto down & up windows / fog light programming, etc? I have read in depth about the NCS Expert... but am a little leery about attempting this as a newbie - that and I have been playing with the various files on my computer for several days, and still have not got it figured out!

Thank you to everyone who has made this forum so informative & engaging!