1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for some help

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 06:30 PM
LDZ
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for some help

I have a 10 clubmen S and a 12 countrymen S Thai weekend the clubmen took a dump, wouldn't start dead battery. No big deal being handy and all run down to local parts house pick me up what they say is the right size battery . I install it and car starts seems ok but then window won't go all the way up. Never had issue before start reading some info on the web and I reading about reprogramming ??? Because I replaced the battery I need to re-flash that is crazy ... Mini wants a hundred bucks to program to new battery... Is this crap for real? Need info is there a way around this is there a tool to do it yourself
What a racket?
Any help would be appreciated

Sonny

Old 07-01-2013, 08:18 PM
EHans
5th Gear
Not sure about the reflashing, but batteries don't just die after a year. You might run it down, but it can be recharged. I am wondering if there is something else electrical going on.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:08 AM
LDZ
Neutral
It not the 12 it is the 10 and it is a little over three years with south florida heat batteries dont last that long so it is about do my main concern is the programing mini says you need to do when replacing a battery to me that is a 100 dollar gift to the dealer

Old 07-02-2013, 12:23 PM
EHans
5th Gear
Ahh... sorry. Yes, I read that wrong.

I still have no firsthand experience, but according to this article, it should only forget some fuel settings that need to be relearned.

If more that that has been lost, then the dealer charges might not be out of whack.