1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you help? Mini price off MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 03:17 PM
TJANK
4th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Can you help? Mini price off MSRP

I am still haven't pulled the trigger on ordering a new Mini Countryman JCW. My last Mini Cooper I purchased was literary within the first month Minis came back to the states in 2002! At that time I paid MSRP for it. Since then I have been buying BMWs for $1,500 to $3,000 off MSRP. My question is what discount are you getting or what accessories are they tossing into your deal. I think this would be helpful for those waiting on the sidelines like myself.

The dealer I talked to said they could discount Minis on the lot higher but maybe only $500 off a custom ordered Mini. They also pulled out a pricing sheet showing 2% off an custom ordered car.

I apologize if there is another place to post this! [Newbie]

Old 07-09-2013, 04:24 PM
ChaiLatte
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In Los Angeles they're only giving around 500-1,000 off MSRP. You could check with Costco maybe?

Old 07-09-2013, 04:52 PM
3leafz
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ChaiLatte
In Los Angeles they're only giving around 500-1,000 off MSRP. You could check with Costco maybe?
I ordered my CM Jcw on June 1st 2013 from LA area, I was able to get $1500 off msrp+ $500 college grat rebate, total $2000 off msrp

Keep shopping around, I am sure there is a dealer willing to give you a real deal.

Good luck!

Old 07-09-2013, 05:41 PM
son-of-mini
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you tried pricing via the consumer reports purchasing service?

Old 07-09-2013, 06:51 PM
ChaiLatte
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by 3leafz
I ordered my CM Jcw on June 1st 2013 from LA area, I was able to get $1500 off msrp+ $500 college grat rebate, total $2000 off msrp

Keep shopping around, I am sure there is a dealer willing to give you a real deal.

Good luck!
Wow, that's great. I ended up buying used but this is good advice.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:44 PM
TJANK
4th Gear
Thanks for the responses. I am amazed that by going to different dealers and different salespersons I get different answers. One dealer told me they do not work on commission and that their dealer profit is only $500 after $500 off MRSP. I find it hard to believe sales people. I am willing to order the Countryman JCW really from any dealer so I really trying to determine from this group what discounts you actually received and which dealer will provide the best deal for ordering. I am not interested in buying off the dealership lot inventory with options missing or those I have no interest in. On my recent tour of the Mini factory in Oxford England, they showed how each mini on the assembly line was custom built for each customer. I was hooked!

Old 07-11-2013, 05:44 PM
dangsdunks
1st Gear
I am in the same boat, looking to order a Cooper S Hardtop this month. TrueCar pricing seems to be better than Costco by a longshot (Only applies to Mini). I just emailed a bunch of dealerships, i just want the best price.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:49 PM
3leafz
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by TJANK
Thanks for the responses. I am amazed that by going to different dealers and different salespersons I get different answers. One dealer told me they do not work on commission and that their dealer profit is only $500 after $500 off MRSP. I find it hard to believe sales people. I am willing to order the Countryman JCW really from any dealer so I really trying to determine from this group what discounts you actually received and which dealer will provide the best deal for ordering. I am not interested in buying off the dealership lot inventory with options missing or those I have no interest in. On my recent tour of the Mini factory in Oxford England, they showed how each mini on the assembly line was custom built for each customer. I was hooked!

I would say, do not rush into a deal, as I had spent at least 3 weeks just for sourcing out the best deal. I literately contacted almost all dealers In my area(8 in total), well except for 1, which I previously had dealt with who gave my bad attitudes thought I couldn't afford one so I won't even bother to ask this time, before I made my decision.

If that's what your dealer said, I will just find another dealership. The dealers got to have these cars out of their lot before another new batch arrive. They may call u in a couple days after u left their lot.

The dealer who I dealt with was willing to to sell a brand new order 2013 CM Jcw for only $three-digit-dollar (don't want to say the actual amount publicly here) profit over the invoice. Yes, I said over the Invoice. Just because of that, I was able to get $1500 discount from the msrp plus the additional $500 college grat rebate.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:52 PM
danjreed
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
$1500 off of MSRP my custom ordered Mini... Not much of a fight to get to that point.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:10 PM
3leafz
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by danjreed
$1500 off of MSRP my custom ordered Mini... Not much of a fight to get to that point.
Yup, the best bet is be patient. Good luck on your deal finding!

Old 07-13-2013, 06:25 AM
TJANK
4th Gear
This info is very helpful! I appreciate it. Has anyone ordered online thru a dealer. I wonder about the experience (paper work, etc.) especially since I simply would like to get the best deal and willing to travel to pick it up. I can always service it at my nearest dealer. I have always found that working with the larger metro dealers is less of a hassle than dealing with smaller ones. But that is just me.

Old 07-13-2013, 08:12 AM
Sidewalksam
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
look at another car that is compatible (whether you want it or not). If you get a better deal on that car you can use it as a motivator for getting a similar deal.

The trick is you have to make the sales guy feel you are not set on a mini and you need to be willing to walk away if you don't get a good deal.

Old 07-13-2013, 08:31 AM
3leafz
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by TJANK
This info is very helpful! I appreciate it. Has anyone ordered online thru a dealer. I wonder about the experience (paper work, etc.) especially since I simply would like to get the best deal and willing to travel to pick it up. I can always service it at my nearest dealer. I have always found that working with the larger metro dealers is less of a hassle than dealing with smaller ones. But that is just me.

I spent like 2 hours there at the dealership just for building my order. The dealer was very patient, and explained each item through miniusa.com. After building my car from miniusa.com. The dealer then starts the build on her extranet system, it was a visual-less no pictures just check box and text, so be sure to double check when she is done as she will give you a printout to confirm. Oh be sure to check if the dealer charge you $250for the anthracite headliner if you are ordering a CM JCW, the anthracite headliner is a standard feature on Cm Jcw and should not be an additional charge. My dealer waived that $250 for me.

Paper works you expect to get from dealer:
1) order sheet that has your order number on it, and of course your order summary
2) deposit(if requires), some dealers requires $500 deposit, but mine did not ask for deposit.
3) fill out credit application( if you are financing thru mini)

Hope this help

Old 07-16-2013, 03:58 PM
TJANK
4th Gear
Very helpful. Thanks

Old 07-17-2013, 11:53 AM
St_G
4th Gear
Through a combination of Special Event incentives, dealer matching, You-i-fication credit and a tiny, tiny bit of haggling, I was able to get $2,845 off MSRP on a special order. Not amazing, but it felt like a solid enough win to me.