1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to check what you ordered?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 01:29 PM
TG.
6th Gear
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
How to check what you ordered?

I feel such a newbie here . . . Thank you all for any advice you might have on the subject...

I bought a mini roadster to my wife for her big birthday (don't ask ) - Not that I won't be enjoying it myself trust me

Now the more we wait for the car to be delivered the more we are growing concerned that we have been miss-informed on the configuration. It's becoming very nerve wracking

To mark the occasion I wanted to make it extra special for her so we got what we thought was the MINI Yours interior package (two tone steering wheel, white seats with pattern on the sides, two tone soft leather dash)

When we got at the dealer all hell broke loose because their 2014 "configurator" was not the same as the 2013 website "configurator".
No one at the dealer seemed very sure of what the interior package was comprised.

In the end I'm not sure at all what we are going to get when it shows up here!!!

Here is what our order listed:

Upholstery
TYGK MINI yours Leather Lounge Satellite Grey

Options
ZY2 MINI Yours Exterior II package ---- $2,500
7KS MINI Yours Soda Pack ---- Blocked
2XB MINI Yours Sport Leather Steering Wheel ----- N/C
4L5 MINI YoursBlack/Satellite Gray Leather Instrument Panel ----- N/C

How do I know what we are getting? How to check the current interior package configuration?

What I though we were getting:
Name:  DSC_2832_Large__zps67ce778a.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  134.4 KB

What I'm afraid is going to show up:
Name:  7454_10151728719796062_191988797_n_zpsbc9822bd.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  61.3 KB

Old 07-17-2013, 08:22 PM
Mr. T
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TG.
What I'm afraid is going to show up:
When I originally ordered my Roadster in the end of March, the question was raised by a NAM member to whether I was going to get my Lounge Leather Satellite Grey interior. As it was, MINI made a change and the Lounge Leather Satellite Grey interior was discontinued and no longer available. The NAM member was correct and I had to reselect my interior color. Mini also discontinued the MINI Yours Satellite Grey (with patterned side panels) at the same time. Instead, they introduced what you are showing in the photo above. The "New" MINI Yours Satellite Grey was the same exact seats as the previous offering but without the patterned sides. If you ordered the MINI Yours Satellite Grey, I'm pretty sure what is pictured above is exactly what you're going to get. The steering wheel should be the same as expected as well as the MINI Yours Satellite Grey/Black Dash. The only change that I was aware of was this discontinuation of the Lounge Leather Satellite Grey and the change up on the previous MINI Yours Satellite Grey.

Hope this was helpful to you.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:33 PM
cooperScaleb05
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sucks.... I really liked the pattern on the sides of those seats.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:37 PM
TG.
6th Gear
Sigh . . . We don't even have the car yet and this is very disappointing I tell you!
I can live without the side pattern on the seats (more than my wife) and the black plastic panel midway, but loosing the top soft leather with the stitching is a real blow . . . That's what made this interior so nice (well that and the contrasted steering wheel and seats). . . It's going to take me couple of days to get over that one

It is so strange because I found quite a few image online and it's a bit of a mix. The 2012 clearly have every thing but I found a 2013 with the two tone dash and the "plainer" seats.

It's quite frustrating since I may have very well picked a complete different interior if I had known all this... I think the only Mini dealer we have here shouldn't have let his young employee be so ill informed.

Thanks for the heads-up though... it does help even if it's not the news I wanted to get

What were they thinking !!! I could even have spent a few hundred dollars more to get what we wanted

Old 07-17-2013, 09:07 PM
Mr. T
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TG.
I can live without the side pattern on the seats (more than my wife) and the black plastic panel midway, but loosing the top soft leather with the stitching is a real blow . . . That's what made this interior so nice (well that and the contrasted steering wheel and seats). . . It's going to take me couple of days to get over that one
If you ordered the MINI Yours Black & Satellite Grey Dash and the MINI Yours Sport Steering Wheel, those will be just as you expected. The only change that was made to the MINI Yours packages was to the MINI Yours Lounge Leather Satellite Grey seats. They will not have the pattern on the side panels.

Old 07-18-2013, 04:50 AM
TG.
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Mr. T
If you ordered the MINI Yours Black & Satellite Grey Dash and the MINI Yours Sport Steering Wheel, those will be just as you expected. The only change that was made to the MINI Yours packages was to the MINI Yours Lounge Leather Satellite Grey seats. They will not have the pattern on the side panels.
How do you know all this

Haaa.... there is still hope for the dash soft leather top perhaps! . . . Though I still feel uncertain as to what will it be.
At the least I think the seats are pretty clear now...

Lol, it's too bad this is all confusing. I wish they were much more diligent at communicating detailed information between corporate and dealers. I don't understand what is so hard about acquiring this type of knowledge in a relatively short period of time. Oh well...

Thanks Mr. T this has been helpful btw

Last edited by TG.; 07-18-2013 at 01:40 PM.