1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 05:35 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a ship! My Roadster finished production 9/13, arrived at Southampton 9/16, departs England 9/20, and arrives in Baltimore 10/3. With the normal VDC delay, my Roadster should be in Sterling, VA by 10/5. We leave for the Gulf Coast 10/12. I'll have John Bull one week before our Florida vacation.

Ship: Torino Departs: Southampton 9/21 Arrives: Baltimore, MD 10/3

Last edited by tampadave; 09-19-2013 at 06:21 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:42 AM
QuietHarper
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tampadave
I have a ship! My Roadster finished production 9/13, arrived at Southampton 9/16, departs England 9/20, and arrives in Baltimore 10/3. With the normal VDC delay, my Roadster should be in Sterling, VA by 10/5. We leave for the Gulf Coast 10/12. I'll have John Bull one week before our Florida vacation.

Congratulations! -- I just received the same booking. Here's hoping I'll be able to pick up my beast by October 11 - since I'm only in St. Louis on the weekends, it's either the 4th, 11th or 18th, and the 4th sure won't happen given trucking times from Baltimore to St. Louis (couple of days, I think).

Old 09-19-2013, 07:39 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by QuietHarper
Congratulations! -- I just received the same booking. Here's hoping I'll be able to pick up my beast by October 11 - since I'm only in St. Louis on the weekends, it's either the 4th, 11th or 18th, and the 4th sure won't happen given trucking times from Baltimore to St. Louis (couple of days, I think).

Excellent, QH! My dealership is a 1 hour drive from the Baltimore VDC so, allowing 2 days VDC delay, I'm targeting my Roadster for pickup on Saturday (10/5). You should get your MINI in St. Louis by Friday (10/11) or Saturday (10/12), right?

Old 09-19-2013, 10:09 AM
QuietHarper
2nd Gear
Excellent, QH! My dealership is a 1 hour drive from the Baltimore VDC so, allowing 2 days VDC delay, I'm targeting my Roadster for pickup on Saturday (10/5). You should get your MINI in St. Louis by Friday (10/11) or Saturday (10/12), right?
I'm sure hoping by the 11th That way the beast and I can go to a family wedding. And I will definitely enjoy the ride.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:38 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
My wife thinks I'm nuts, my daughters think I'm obsessed. Members of our "2014 Support Group Thread" call ASK MINI daily, track ships bearing MINI's across the Atlantic, visit webcams at various ports of entry, and post our MINI's daily progress on NAM. It's a definite case of "MINI Anxiety" and, from what I've observed, I'm stricken completely. I'm pathetic. Tell me the symptoms will disappear with delivery of my beloved '14 S Roadster.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:40 AM
RavenGirl
2nd Gear
Congratulations! What is your source for the "on order" designation? ASK MINI live representative? MINI Owner's Lounge? Your MA? Your source makes a difference in terms of accuracy. If you're 'Pack 112', you may have a production slot previously allocated to the dealer which purportedly moves your order along quicker.

Yes, I am in a production slot according to the printout my MA e-mailed me, but OL just says 'on order' at this point. My production number is: 4865335 and status as of sept 10th is 112 - Scheduled for daily production pack.

-RavenGirl

Old 09-19-2013, 10:53 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by RavenGirl
Yes, I am in a production slot according to the printout my MA e-mailed me, but OL just says 'on order' at this point. My production number is: 4865335 and status as of sept 10th is 112 - Scheduled for daily production pack.

-RavenGirl
RG,

Call 1-866-ASK MINI if you want up to date information on vehicle status. They are very nice people and will scour their computer screens for whatever information they can find. The OL is pretty much worthless.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:06 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My wife thinks I'm nuts, my daughters think I'm obsessed. Members of our "2014 Support Group Thread" call ASK MINI daily, track ships bearing MINI's across the Atlantic, visit webcams at various ports of entry, and post our MINI's daily progress on NAM. It's a definite case of "MINI Anxiety" and, from what I've observed, I'm stricken completely. I'm pathetic. Tell me the symptoms will disappear with delivery of my beloved '14 S Roadster.
Dave:

Congrats on finally getting scheduled for a ship! You've been waiting a long time for that.

Yes, your wife and daughter are absolutely correct. You may be pathetic, but after 35 years in the medical field, I am certain that your very serious case of "Waiting for My 2014" disease will run it's course in only 16 days, and you'll be totally cured.

However, you will likely experience a number of residual side effects, including an urge to purchase all types of accessories, MINI apparel, and other items to modify and change the MINI you had been so patiently waiting for.

The good news is that is also fully curable with only a Visa card and single malt. I'm back from 5 days of riding my Harley through Kentucky and West Virginia visiting distilleries on the Bourbon Trail, and have gained a new appreciation for single barrel bourbon aged 9 years!

Old 09-19-2013, 01:29 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by KennyR
Dave:

Congrats on finally getting scheduled for a ship! You've been waiting a long time for that.

Yes, your wife and daughter are absolutely correct. You may be pathetic, but after 35 years in the medical field, I am certain that your very serious case of "Waiting for My 2014" disease will run it's course in only 16 days, and you'll be totally cured.

However, you will likely experience a number of residual side effects, including an urge to purchase all types of accessories, MINI apparel, and other items to modify and change the MINI you had been so patiently waiting for.

The good news is that is also fully curable with only a Visa card and single malt. I'm back from 5 days of riding my Harley through Kentucky and West Virginia visiting distilleries on the Bourbon Trail, and have gained a new appreciation for single barrel bourbon aged 9 years!
I'm envious of your tasting trip along the Bourbon Trail. Be assured I will celebrate delivery of my Roadster with The Macallan and a fine cigar. It's not likely I'll modify John Bull much, if at all. I ordered my Roadster exactly as desired. As for MINI accessories, I already bought all three MINI ball caps in red, black, and olive green from MINI of Sterling. There will likely be further apparel and accessories over time. Perhaps I'll pull out The Macallan early to take the edge off my impatience.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:12 PM
Mad River Arms
1st Gear
Crazy I called last night and my Clubman was in paint. I called today and it was being transported to the port of exit. Since I'm on the west coast about how long until it makes it here?

Old 09-19-2013, 02:40 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Mad River Arms
Crazy I called last night and my Clubman was in paint. I called today and it was being transported to the port of exit. Since I'm on the west coast about how long until it makes it here?
Once I completed production (9/13), it took three days to get to Southampton (9/16). My Roadster departs England on the Torino (9/21) and arrives in Baltimore early October (10/3). Your voyage is considerably longer. Can anybody else chime in?

Old 09-19-2013, 03:45 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
Congratulations TD! came home from work to a flurry of activity here today. Please point your wife and daughter to all of us who contributed to your and our obsession .

So... if you do get your car on 10/5 it will be a complete confirmation of my clairvoyant skills and I can retire knowing 100% of my predictions came true

I will chalk it up to a wild *** guess with bit of logic blended in. Actually its my wedding anniversary so was a good day to pick.

now really drive the family nuts by putting the maritime tracking map up on the big screen and make them watch the ship cross the Celtic sea at 16-18 knots.

Once again congrats I raise my four fingers of bourbon in the direction of Baltimore this evening

Old 09-19-2013, 03:51 PM
hobbes75
1st Gear
Tracking the Toronto it shows now not expected in port hueneme until 10/4.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:54 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
Once I completed production (9/13), it took three days to get to Southampton (9/16). My Roadster departs England on the Torino (9/21) and arrives in Baltimore early October (10/3). Your voyage is considerably longer. Can anybody else chime in?
I believe some of our west coast friends had stated it was a 22 day trip from Southampton through the Panama Canal to California.

Dave

Old 09-19-2013, 03:55 PM
BobK500
1st Gear

Congratulations.

Mine released to a carrier and awaiting transport to the port of departure.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:26 PM
Grumpy_i_m
2nd Gear

T Dave: I have been pulling for you!
Great news.
You should be able to drive a fractional percentage if the "Brand New" off in a week. A very small fraction but maybe enough to hold you for the duration of the vacation.

Congratulations.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:42 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by BobK500
Congratulations.

Mine released to a carrier and awaiting transport to the port of departure.
Good luck, Bob. You may get a ship tomorrow for all we know.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:44 PM
BobK500
1st Gear
Good luck, Bob. You may get a ship tomorrow for all we know.
Thanks. Fingers crossed!

Old 09-19-2013, 04:48 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Grumpy_i_m
T Dave: I have been pulling for you!
Great news.
You should be able to drive a fractional percentage if the "Brand New" off in a week. A very small fraction but maybe enough to hold you for the duration of the vacation.

Congratulations.
Thanks, Grumpy! My sense of relief at boarding the Torino is overwhelming. If I'm lucky enough to take delivery on Saturday (October 5th), I'll have a solid week to eliminate a small percentage of the new MINI sheen from my Roadster. Now I have a ship, the wait is even harder. Argh! In the interim, I hope your boat's nearing the American. You must post pictures ASAP after delivery, my friend!

Old 09-19-2013, 04:52 PM
TJANK
4th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Integrity has just docked and cleared customs at the Port of Baltimore. That is one day early! Is anyone familiar with the timing of the port install accessories. They are installing stripes on my JCWCM.

I understand a full truck carrier holds 9 cars, but they could send out smaller loads and share with BMWs. I also understand they will NOT send only one vehicle since it is not cost effective. My dealer indicated it could sit their for 5 days before heading out. Luckily my dealer is only three hours from the Port.

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group-integrity.jpg  
Old 09-19-2013, 05:04 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by TJANK
Integrity has just docked and cleared customs at the Port of Baltimore. That is one day early! Is anyone familiar with the timing of the port install accessories. They are installing stripes on my JCWCM.

I understand a full truck carrier holds 9 cars, but they could send out smaller loads and share with BMWs. I also understand they will NOT send only one vehicle since it is not cost effective. My dealer indicated it could sit their for 5 days before heading out. Luckily my dealer is only three hours from the Port.
Somebody answer TJANK's questions! Inquiring minds want to know. No stripes for me, but I think my chrome driving lamps will be installed at the Baltimore VDC. My MA once said that vehicles generally arrive at the MINI dealership within two days of arrival. We are an hour's drive away.

Last edited by tampadave; 09-19-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:05 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Originally Posted by TJANK

My ship was also a day early, but was not unloaded until the day that was originally planned. My stripes were installed within the 48 hour time it was at the VDC, but it was during a regular workweek and I don't know if the weekend delays anything.

Your auto carrier load will likely contain both MINIs and BMWs (and perhaps other makes if going to a smaller town dealer). They generally don't sit around waiting for a full load more than a day or two, as it's expensive to have a truck and driver waiting around as well.

I couldn't get any info from my MA or OL as to when the truck departed, but my car was at the dealership near Chicago only 5 days after the ship docked at the VDC. Interesting that my ship docked at 2 separate docks in Baltimore to unload cars...and my car was discharged on the second stop.

Old 09-19-2013, 05:13 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by KennyR
My ship was also a day early, but was not unloaded until the day that was originally planned. My stripes were installed within the 48 hour time it was at the VDC, but it was during a regular workweek and I don't know if the weekend delays anything.

Your auto carrier load will likely contain both MINIs and BMWs (and perhaps other makes if going to a smaller town dealer). They generally don't sit around waiting for a full load more than a day or two, as it's expensive to have a truck and driver waiting around as well.

I couldn't get any info from my MA or OL as to when the truck departed, but my car was at the dealership near Chicago only 5 days after the ship docked at the VDC. Interesting that my ship docked at 2 separate docks in Baltimore to unload cars...and my car was discharged on the second stop.

How much of the 5 days can you attribute to lengthy ground transport from Baltimore to Chicago? My Northern Virginia dealership is exceptionally close to Baltimore, so we may shave some time off.

Old 09-19-2013, 05:37 PM
TJANK
4th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

How much of the 5 days can you attribute to lengthy ground transport from Baltimore to Chicago? My Northern Virginia dealership is exceptionally close to Baltimore, so we may shave some time off.
Thanks for the feedback,

Old 09-19-2013, 05:37 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
It's about 800 miles/2 days transport from Baltimore to Chicago. Two days at the VDC, 1 day loading into and out of the VDC, etc. seems reasonable. You should shave a day of transport from the VDC. My dealer needed a day to do whatever they do there (washed it again?) before I picked it up. All car dealers in Illinois also close on Sundays so that added a day prior to my pickup.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group