1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 02:08 PM
Bludevilx
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's great TJANK. Scooter was on the Tamesis. Quick question... When you track your MINI right now on WW website does it still say "liner release" as the last update for you?

Old 09-21-2013, 02:57 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by TJANK
My MA phoned today and informed me my CM is scheduled for a truck on Wednesday should arrive at dealership Thursday morning. I am scheduled to pick it up on Friday!!! I asked what the dealer really needed to do before I pick it up. They said it is in 'transport mode' and needs to be put in 'road mode'. I would guess that means removing the tow hook, fueling up, and removing the plastic wrap, and a wash. Does anyone know what else they actually do?
Congrats TJ! Hoping I get the same call by next Friday. Ship is docking in NYC on Tuesday and hoping they can get it off and on a truck by Friday.

Old 09-21-2013, 03:48 PM
TJANK
4th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Bludevilx
That's great TJANK. Scooter was on the Tamesis. Quick question... When you track your MINI right now on WW website does it still say "liner release" as the last update for you?
The latest status for the Integrity says LINER RELEASE 20-09-2013. Tracking it on MarineTraffic.com it arrived and docked outside the BMW NA docks on Thursday which was one day prior to scheduled arrival. This morning (Saturday) it moved across the harbor to the Mid Atlantic Terminal. Mini Owners site still says it is en route yet despite my MA telling me a Wednesday truck out of the port to Richmond.

Tamesis was docked first at the Mid Atlantic Terminal when the Integrity arrives and was docked next to the BMW Terminal Friday morning and now the Tamesis is almost out of the Chesapeake on its way to Savannah according to sailwx.info.

Old 09-21-2013, 03:56 PM
Mr. T
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My MA phoned today and informed me my CM is scheduled for a truck on Wednesday should arrive at dealership Thursday morning. I am scheduled to pick it up on Friday!!! I asked what the dealer really needed to do before I pick it up. They said it is in 'transport mode' and needs to be put in 'road mode'. I would guess that means removing the tow hook, fueling up, and removing the plastic wrap, and a wash. Does anyone know what else they actually do?
They usually run it through the car wash and put lots of swirl marks in the brand new paint finish. Beware.

Old 09-21-2013, 04:27 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Mr. T
They usually run it through the car wash and put lots of swirl marks in the brand new paint finish. Beware.
Thanks for the depressing thought. With my luck...

Old 09-21-2013, 06:36 PM
TJANK
4th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tampadave
Thanks for the depressing thought. With my luck...
I am imagining scenes of Ferris Bueller's Day Off and finding out my speedometer says 300+ miles when I pick it up. sigh...

Old 09-22-2013, 05:06 AM
14PacemanS
2nd Gear
Well, my Paceman S finally shows enroute!! Unfortunately, due to an unforeseen financial obligation that I must now take on, I had to cancel my order. I was really looking forward to seeing and driving it!!!

I ended up picking up a Focus ST in Tangerine Scream. Ended up $15k less than the Paceman S, and I could work it into new budget.

Godspeed to all of you when you get your MINIs!! If you are ever in Houston area and see some idiot in TS Focus ST WAVING at you....it's probably me!!! ENJOY HE WAVE AND YOUR MINIs!!!

Old 09-22-2013, 05:54 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by 14PacemanS
Well, my Paceman S finally shows enroute!! Unfortunately, due to an unforeseen financial obligation that I must now take on, I had to cancel my order. I was really looking forward to seeing and driving it!!!

I ended up picking up a Focus ST in Tangerine Scream. Ended up $15k less than the Paceman S, and I could work it into new budget.

Godspeed to all of you when you get your MINIs!! If you are ever in Houston area and see some idiot in TS Focus ST WAVING at you....it's probably me!!! ENJOY HE WAVE AND YOUR MINIs!!!
14PS,

Sorry to hear you can't get your Paceman. Good luck with your Focus ST, but aim for the purchase of another MINI when opportunity strikes!

Old 09-22-2013, 06:04 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
I am imagining scenes of Ferris Bueller's Day Off and finding out my speedometer says 300+ miles when I pick it up. sigh...
You forgot to include Mr. T's paint swirls.

Old 09-22-2013, 07:08 AM
Dogwhistle
2nd Gear
Little guy got loaded on the Don Juan about an hour ago! Get in my belly little car!

Old 09-22-2013, 07:43 AM
BobK500
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Dogwhistle
Little guy got loaded on the Don Juan about an hour ago! Get in my belly little car!
I just checked a few minutes ago and mine has also been loaded!

Shipmates.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:40 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
Congratulations BobK500 and Dogwhistle,

Glad to see you boarded ship! Mine boarded 9/20, but you'll beat me to the America by 1 day. Let's get our MINI's on the road as soon as we can.

Old 09-22-2013, 11:12 AM
BobK500
1st Gear
Marinetraffic.com shows the Don Juan as underway with the next stop in Halifax on 9/30/13 and then onto NY on 10/2/2013.

My dealer is located on Long Island, after arrival I will have to see how long it takes to get to the dealer and prepped and ready for delivery.

Old 09-22-2013, 11:53 AM
MINI_42
4th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Well it looks like the end is in sight for mine. Ordered June 28th, OL is showing at the dealer on Sept 25th, which the dealer loosely confirmed. I may have the car as early as Thursday! Let's see...that was only 12 weeks or so. Somebody pinch me, I don't BELIEVE it!! :D

Old 09-22-2013, 12:04 PM
Dogwhistle
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by BobK500
Marinetraffic.com shows the Don Juan as underway with the next stop in Halifax on 9/30/13 and then onto NY on 10/2/2013.

My dealer is located on Long Island, after arrival I will have to see how long it takes to get to the dealer and prepped and ready for delivery.
My dealer is located just west of Philly, so it should be a close race! my "justa" will probably lose out on that last straight-away to the dealer though.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:38 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MINI_42
Well it looks like the end is in sight for mine. Ordered June 28th, OL is showing at the dealer on Sept 25th, which the dealer loosely confirmed. I may have the car as early as Thursday! Let's see...that was only 12 weeks or so. Somebody pinch me, I don't BELIEVE it!! :D
Three months! I applaud your extreme patience.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:58 PM
MINI_42
4th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by 14PacemanS

Well that's a shame :(

I hope the dealer refunded your deposit. Good luck and be sure to wave if you see a kite blue with a black roof and helipad getting around. You'll be back one day.

Old 09-22-2013, 01:00 PM
Bludevilx
2nd Gear
In the words of Kevin Heart "It's about to go down". Got my delivery estimate for 9/28!

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group-untitled.jpg  
Old 09-22-2013, 02:36 PM
Bunster
Neutral
Anyone know how I can get more information about my R59

I ordered my Roadster on 8/18, finally moved to scheduled for production on 9/10 (over 3 weeks). It is now 9/22 and still has not even started being built - now over a month since ordered. I was told 6-8 weeks. My concern is that I am renting a car at $650/mo. until it comes in. I had to turn in my 2012 VW Eos under the lemon law, so I am carless and it is getting expensive. My sales rep is no help and only repeats over and over that they are not committed to any completion date. My question is: does anyone have a phone number of someone I can call, or have any ideas how I can find out why my car is so far behind. My sales rep said if I e-mail "ask Mini" they will only tell me to call my sales rep. Am I getting a snow job that my dealership cannot get any information about my car?

Old 09-22-2013, 02:53 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Bunster,

MINI42 ordered his '13 JCW Hardtop 6/28 and is scheduled for delivery 9/25. That's 12 weeks. I ordered my '14 S Roadster 8/17, went through production 9/4-9/13, sat at the Southampton docks until 9/16, then embarked on the Torino 9/20. Following a stop in Spain, my ETA for Baltimore is 10/2 with tentative delivery for 10/5. That's 7 weeks.* I barely contact my MA, deferring to live ASK MINI almost exclusively. They are very friendly, informative, and very open to daily phone calls. Your timetable is not out of the ordinary, so just call a live ASK MINI rep on Monday.

* MINI of Sterling used a previously allocated delivery slot from 8/6 to fulfill my order. Our order dates are a day apart, but dealer use of the allocated slot may have affected my production start date. I'm renting a Fiat 500 from Budget until my Roadster arrives.

Last edited by tampadave; 09-22-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:57 PM
Grumpy_i_m
2nd Gear
Unfortunately the info they gave you is Correct.

Originally Posted by Bunster
I ordered my Roadster on 8/18, finally moved to scheduled for production on 9/10 (over 3 weeks). It is now 9/22 and still has not even started being built - now over a month since ordered. I was told 6-8 weeks. My sales rep is no help and only repeats over and over that they are not committed to any completion date. My question is: does anyone have a phone number of someone I can call, or have any ideas how I can find out why my car is so far behind. My sales rep said if I e-mail "ask Mini" they will only tell me to call my sales rep. Am I getting a snow job that my dealership cannot get any information about my car?
Unfortunately the info they gave you is Correct.
Many of us us have had long waits to receive our MINI's.
The Oxford Plant was closed for 2 weeks ( everyone goes on Holiday there ) last of August so there was a backlog when they resumed production. (read about pack 112) That backlog seems to string itself out after they resume production and has also delayed many of us getting on a ship.
I realize this is no consolation but you are one of MANY MINI buyers that are waiting.
You should read TampaDaves long string of delays as well as others.

Your options are few, perhaps two "wait" or "give up your non-refundable deposit" and purchase a vehicle that is available.

I empathize with your frustration and wish you the best of luck.

Best wishes

Old 09-22-2013, 03:03 PM
Grumpy_i_m
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tampadave
MINI42 ordered his '13 JCW Hardtop 6/28 and is scheduled for delivery 9/25. That's 12 weeks. I ordered my '14 S Roadster 8/17, went through production 9/4-13, sat at the Southampton docks until 9/16, then embarked on the Torino 9/20. Following a stopover in Spain, my ETA for Baltimore is 10/2 with tentative delivery for 10/5. That's 7 weeks.* I barely contact my MA, deferring to live ASK MINI almost exclusively. They are very friendly, informative, and very open to daily phone calls. Your timetable is not out of the ordinary, so just call a live ASK MINI rep on Monday.

* MINI of Sterling used a previously allocated delivery slot from 8/6 to fulfill my order. Our order dates are a day apart, but dealer use of the allocated slot may have affected my production start date.
T Dave:
You obviously type faster than I.
I was using you as a reference at the same time you were making your reply to Bunster.

Still wishing John Bull a Bon Voyage!

Old 09-22-2013, 03:07 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bunster
I ordered my Roadster on 8/18, finally moved to scheduled for production on 9/10 (over 3 weeks). It is now 9/22 and still has not even started being built - now over a month since ordered. I was told 6-8 weeks. My concern is that I am renting a car at $650/mo. until it comes in. I had to turn in my 2012 VW Eos under the lemon law, so I am carless and it is getting expensive. My sales rep is no help and only repeats over and over that they are not committed to any completion date. My question is: does anyone have a phone number of someone I can call, or have any ideas how I can find out why my car is so far behind. My sales rep said if I e-mail "ask Mini" they will only tell me to call my sales rep. Am I getting a snow job that my dealership cannot get any information about my car?
Wasn't clear in your message if you actually spoke to a customer service rep at 1-866-ASK-MINI, sent an email, or are just looking at the OL website, or using the after hours automated system, etc.

If you speak to someone at MINI Customer Service and have your production number (from the sheet your motoring advisor gave you), they should be able to give you a specific production start and completion date. If they don/t know, get their supervisor involved.

3-4 weeks isn't totally unusual for production to start after an order is placed, but you should definitely be able to get more specific information on the status of the build dates.

And if your MA can't give you any info, I'd talk to the sales manager, and tell him you'll remember their lack of help or info when the MINI survey comes.

Old 09-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Bunster
Neutral
Thank you, gentlemen

Thanks for your help. Obviously, I will wait for Joy (short for N-Joy or Pure Joy), and the customer service reps at "Ask Mini" will be earning their money. Unfortunately, my excitement and enthusiasm is starting to dwindle. I realize patience is a virtue -- just not one of mine!

Old 09-22-2013, 04:39 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Grumpy_i_m
T Dave:
You obviously type faster than I.
I was using you as a reference at the same time you were making your reply to Bunster.

Still wishing John Bull a Bon Voyage!
Thank you for the good wishes, sir! Tell me, when is the Turandot scheduled to dock in Brunswick and what is your ETA at the MINI dealership?

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group