1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 07:31 AM
Lyfisin
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TJANK
Thanks. I am back to parking at the far end of parking lots!
Same here or I park next to an end spot very close to the curb. I can't stand door dings.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:31 AM
KennyR
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by swjtx
Ship at the slip (not recent) - unloading at BMW VDC Baltimore.

I'm just assuming that vehicles destined for TX will be unloaded at the Brunswick VDC. Could be Baltimore? Anyone know for sure?
The VDC in Brunswick GA serves BMW and MINI deliveries to the southern US, so yours should be delivered and prepped there. A few states in the southwest are served by Port Hueneme in CA, but you're closer to GA than CA.

Old 09-29-2013, 11:36 AM
swjtx
2nd Gear
Just got a couple of pics of the Michigan Highway passing under the Francis Scott Key Bridge in the Chesapeake Bay at ~2:18 p.m. EDT. The ship is less than 3km from the Baltimore VDC Dock. Should be there before 3 pm EDT.

First one is the front end of the ship just as it's getting to the bridge. Second one is the tail end. I think the twinkle in the lower left is my Mini waving to me

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group-michigan-highway-francis-scott-key-bridge-front.png   "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group-michigan-highway-francis-scott-key-bridge-rear.png  
Old 09-29-2013, 12:16 PM
MINIDraftFarm
2nd Gear
Just got a couple of pics of the Michigan Highway passing under the Francis Scott Key Bridge in the Chesapeake Bay at ~2:18 p.m. EDT. The ship is less than 3km from the Baltimore VDC Dock. Should be there before 3 pm EDT.

First one is the front end of the ship just as it's getting to the bridge. Second one is the tail end. I think the twinkle in the lower left is my Mini waving to me
Thanks for the pics! The Michigan Highway just anchored near Baltimore, I'm guessing it's waiting to dock. It had to have help from a tug boat in a turn.

Old 09-29-2013, 12:23 PM
MINIDraftFarm
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MINIDraftFarm
Thanks for the pics! The Michigan Highway just anchored near Baltimore, I'm guessing it's waiting to dock. It had to have help from a tug boat in a turn.
Ok, I think it has officially docked by the way it looks. I can't imagine what I'm going to be like when it goes to Brunswick!

Old 09-29-2013, 12:46 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
The Torino is SE of Nova Scotia. My Roadster's on schedule to arrive in Baltimore Wednesday (4:00 AM). God knows when I'll take delivery.

Old 09-29-2013, 12:57 PM
MINIDraftFarm
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tampadave
The Torino is SE of Nova Scotia. My Roadster's on schedule to arrive in Baltimore Wednesday (4:00 AM). God knows when I'll take delivery.
Did the Torino have to stop somewhere else? Just wondering why it and Michigan Highway aren't at Baltimore closer together. They both left Southampton on Sept. 20 looks like.

Old 09-29-2013, 01:11 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Did the Torino have to stop somewhere else? Just wondering why it and Michigan Highway aren't at Baltimore closer together. They both left Southampton on Sept. 20 looks like.
Yes. It stopped in Santander, Spain, before proceeding to Baltimore.

Old 09-29-2013, 03:56 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
If it helps any the Turandot docked at NYC on Tuesday Sept. 24th and made it to my dealer about 2 hours away from NYC on the 26th. I took delivery on the 28th.

The 4th and 5th would still be a reasonable expectation.

Dave aka SC

Old 09-29-2013, 03:57 PM
RottVet
1st Gear
Time Warp

Wow, swjtx! Been in a pain & medication induced haze for the past two days and look at what's has happened! Our boat and cargo have made it to the states. I know that the MINI 's we are interested in will unload in New Brunswick, GA, supposedly this Wednesday. I will contact my MA This week to see what happens then. Suspect they will come across on I-20 for delivery, assuming your dealership is in North TX. Mine is in OKC and rail delivery is rare. Glad you got a glimpse of your clubman, mine better be below deck resting 'cause it is gonna get a workout as soon as I am able to get back on my feet! Thanks to all involved with this thread for the pertinent information! You all are awesome!

Old 09-29-2013, 05:27 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by SheldonCoopr
If it helps any the Turandot docked at NYC on Tuesday Sept. 24th and made it to my dealer about 2 hours away from NYC on the 26th. I took delivery on the 28th.

Dave aka SC
Didn't your 9/26-9/28 delay involve personal schedule conflicts versus dealer issues? In my case, I think you're right about 10/4 or 10/5. If the Torino docks by 4:00 AM Wednesday morning, I have to believe the VDC will complete everything within 2-3 days. My dealership is only an hour's drive away from the VDC - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Friday 10/4 but Saturday 10/5 works too.

Old 09-29-2013, 05:31 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by RottVet
Wow, swjtx! Been in a pain & medication induced haze for the past two days and look at what's has happened! Our boat and cargo have made it to the states. I know that the MINI 's we are interested in will unload in New Brunswick, GA, supposedly this Wednesday. I will contact my MA This week to see what happens then. Suspect they will come across on I-20 for delivery, assuming your dealership is in North TX. Mine is in OKC and rail delivery is rare. Glad you got a glimpse of your clubman, mine better be below deck resting 'cause it is gonna get a workout as soon as I am able to get back on my feet! Thanks to all involved with this thread for the pertinent information! You all are awesome!
This thread has been great for me too. My family doesn't understand my obsession over the Roadster's pending delivery - they think I'm nuts. If you're in Oklahoma City, your MINI has quite the road trip coming. I hope you get it safe and sound as soon as possible, Rottvet!

Old 09-29-2013, 05:56 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
TD

no my delay would have been if I could not pick up the car by the 30th. Thankfully it got there quicker. The 26th -28th was all about unloading going through customs and getting a car carrier assigned. Hopefully you will be quick.

Old 09-29-2013, 06:01 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
Since I am technically challenged this weekend. I have uploaded photos into my gallery of "Penny Black". Feel free to view them there in hopefully a much larger view then what I was able to post here.

Old 09-29-2013, 06:07 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TD

no my delay would have been if I could not pick up the car by the 30th. Thankfully it got there quicker. The 26th -28th was all about unloading going through customs and getting a car carrier assigned. Hopefully you will be quick.
He's not only quick, he's gentle too!

Old 09-29-2013, 06:11 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by KennyR
He's not only quick, he's gentle too!
I'm not going there.

Old 09-29-2013, 06:47 PM
MINIDraftFarm
2nd Gear

Dave aka SC
Did you have any dealer add ons? My driving lights are supposed to be installed at the VDC in Brunswick. Once the Michigan Highway gets to that port, I wonder how much time the installation will add on to the estimated VDC 48 hours.
I'm trying to figure out what kind of nice floor mats I want right now. Gotta get those ordered asap. I'll be picking my countryman up in Memphis before I know it....yippee!

Old 09-29-2013, 06:55 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
Did you have any dealer add ons? My driving lights are supposed to be installed at the VDC in Brunswick. Once the Michigan Highway gets to that port, I wonder how much time the installation will add on to the estimated VDC 48 hours.
I'm trying to figure out what kind of nice floor mats I want right now. Gotta get those ordered asap. I'll be picking my countryman up in Memphis before I know it....yippee!
Just Mud flaps that were put on at the VDC so included in the 48 hours. Driving lights slightly larger job

Old 09-29-2013, 06:56 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
I'm not going there.
That makes 2 of us ROFL

Old 09-29-2013, 07:12 PM
swjtx
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by RottVet
Oh good plan...drug haze to pass the time... . Hope you're better soon. My dealership is in the Dallas area. Maybe we'll be on the same car carrier out of the VDC?

Last edited by swjtx; 09-29-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:18 PM
swjtx
2nd Gear
Driving Lights? Are those the Rally lights? I didn't get any dealer add-ons. Only a couple things interested me and nothing that requires an "installation". I want to get the "tray" in front of the gearshift (~$5) and maybe the snap in cell phone tray for the center console....although it doesn't appear as functional as the cable that plugs in at the base of the center of the dash.

Funny that dealer add-on's are installed at the VDC. Should they be called "VDC add-on's?

Old 09-29-2013, 08:06 PM
QuietHarper
2nd Gear
TampaDave and others on the Tornio. She is now in range of AIS tracking on the Atlantic coast - she's just off of Nova Scotia and heading south down to Baltimore.

Let the obsession shift into 6th gear

Old 09-29-2013, 08:41 PM
MINIDraftFarm
2nd Gear
Driving Lights? Are those the Rally lights? I didn't get any dealer add-ons. Only a couple things interested me and nothing that requires an "installation". I want to get the "tray" in front of the gearshift (~$5) and maybe the snap in cell phone tray for the center console....although it doesn't appear as functional as the cable that plugs in at the base of the center of the dash.

Funny that dealer add-on's are installed at the VDC. Should they be called "VDC add-on's?
The driving lights are in my little sig pic...if you can see them. I can just barely, but I know that they are there I also got the short antenna and mud flaps, but the hubby is going to put those on to save a bit of money.

My MA said the VDC installation charge is cheaper than the dealership, and they do an excellent job. I was a bit confused by that as well, but apparently it's pretty common. MINI should mention that on the build pages though. I guess I can say they are factory all the way I'm having custom stripes, tinting, and maybe paint protection put on in Memphis before driving it home to Missouri. I can't wait!

Old 09-30-2013, 03:25 AM
vided
2nd Gear
TJank. Thanks for the heads up on manuals.

Just had a random thought while browsing through one......with all the new technology and gadgets on cars these days seems like someone could invent an oil level indicator? Seriously, isn't the dipstick method just a little outdated?
i believe bmw has a done away with the dipstick, don't know which model.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:45 AM
b00sted09
3rd Gear
Hello All! Ordered my Clubman S in white silver 6MT on 09/23/13... Waiting so anxiously like a little kid!!

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group