1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 07:19 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I confirmed that my 2014 JCW Roadster is loaded onto the WW "Tosca", which left Southampton yesterday. It should be arriving in Baltimore the day after Labor Day, after a brief stop on the Spanish coast tomorrow).

Very nice to be able to count the days until its here!

Old 08-23-2013, 08:15 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KennyR
Well, I confirmed that my 2014 JCW Roadster is loaded onto the WW "Tosca", which left Southampton yesterday. It should be arriving in Baltimore the day after Labor Day, after a brief stop on the Spanish coast tomorrow).

Very nice to be able to count the days until its here!
Nice Congrats!! Mine is still scheduled for completion on September 6th. Still hoping it will be sooner however not counting on it. Setting my impatient mind that end of September is the target and if it comes sooner even better.

Keep us updated on the progress and of course we expect pictures within an hour of taking delivery

Old 08-25-2013, 04:43 PM
QuietHarper
2nd Gear
Joining the queue Ordered my 2014 Convertible S on 16 August -- patiently waiting for the magic Scheduled For Production message. Hoping for an early October delivery so I can enjoy some top-down time before winter decides to arrive.

Old 08-25-2013, 04:55 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by QuietHarper
Joining the queue Ordered my 2014 Convertible S on 16 August -- patiently waiting for the magic Scheduled For Production message. Hoping for an early October delivery so I can enjoy some top-down time before winter decides to arrive.
Congrats and welcome to the 2014 thread. Open up a big can of patience as the waiting might kill you. The waiting takes me back almost 50 years waiting for xmas to arrive.

Adults, little kids who were suppose to grow up.......

Old 08-26-2013, 06:31 AM
jwardell
6th Gear
My MA says delivery later this week!

Old 08-26-2013, 09:40 AM
QuietHarper
2nd Gear
MA says scheduled for production next week. I just might get my wish for some top-down time in the fall!

Old 08-26-2013, 09:47 AM
Mad River Arms
1st Gear
MA says scheduled for production next week. I just might get my wish for some top-down time in the fall!
Waaa! No fair we ordered the same day and I haven't heard diddly-squat!!!

Old 08-26-2013, 09:56 AM
QuietHarper
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Mad River Arms
Waaa! No fair we ordered the same day and I haven't heard diddly-squat!!!
Well, I *did* send an email to the MA -- just a little nudge. I have no obsessive tendencies -- none whatsoever. What would make you think that I have any?

Old 08-26-2013, 01:39 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Well, I *did* send an email to the MA -- just a little nudge. I have no obsessive tendencies -- none whatsoever. What would make you think that I have any?
What port is used for delivery to MO? If Baltimore, mine is taking 28 days from the start of production to delivery at the port. Add a week for prep and transport to your dealer, so there still should be time for some beautiful fall top down driving weather before it gets put away for the winter on Dec 1.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:50 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
What port is used for delivery to MO? If Baltimore, mine is taking 28 days from the start of production to delivery at the port. Add a week for prep and transport to your dealer, so there still should be time for some beautiful fall top down driving weather before it gets put away for the winter on Dec 1.
Using a dealer allocated slot, my Sales Manager gave me an ETA of about 6 weeks from August 17th. We'll certainly see, won't we? I'm in Northern Virginia; I believe my Roadster S will be shipped to Baltimore.

Old 08-26-2013, 03:07 PM
14PacemanS
2nd Gear
My production started TODAY!!!

I can feel the anticipation building....

Old 08-26-2013, 03:25 PM
Montgoau
2nd Gear
Looks like the boat my car is on has started it's trip through the Panama Canal. Only nine more days until it lands in the states.

Old 08-26-2013, 04:02 PM
QuietHarper
2nd Gear
MO uses Baltimore, if I remember correctly. 28 days does give me a shot at some very nice motoring weather. Early October is prime time for sunshine, low humidity and reasonable temps in MO. Here's hoping!

Old 08-26-2013, 06:06 PM
Mr. T
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tampadave
Using a dealer allocated slot, my Sales Manager gave me an ETA of about 6 weeks from August 17th. We'll certainly see, won't we? I'm in Northern Virginia; I believe my Roadster S will be shipped to Baltimore.
The information will be outlined on the Vehicle Inquiry Report that you should have received from your MA. The port of arrival will be located in the far right column under "Port Location." You will find the codes defined in the "1st Gear" threads here: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d-updated.html in Section 4 – Transport and Delivery.

Last edited by Mr. T; 08-26-2013 at 06:11 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:25 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Montgoau
Looks like the boat my car is on has started it's trip through the Panama Canal. Only nine more days until it lands in the states.
Somehow you would think that it would be more efficient and less costly for MINI to use a single port of entry like Baltimore or NY for all of their cars...it takes 8 days for a cargo ship to sail from Southampton to the US east coast. Add a a couple of days to prep, and an autotrain can make the trip from NY to LA in 3 days non-stop. It's got to be frustrating to have to wait over a month to have a completed car shipped to the west coast, prepped and then shipped to the dealer in Colorado. Oh well, at least it's one car that's worth the wait!

Old 08-27-2013, 09:15 AM
Montgoau
2nd Gear
Somehow you would think that it would be more efficient and less costly for MINI to use a single port of entry like Baltimore or NY for all of their cars...it takes 8 days for a cargo ship to sail from Southampton to the US east coast. Add a a couple of days to prep, and an autotrain can make the trip from NY to LA in 3 days non-stop. It's got to be frustrating to have to wait over a month to have a completed car shipped to the west coast, prepped and then shipped to the dealer in Colorado. Oh well, at least it's one car that's worth the wait!
I've thought about that myself and although seems like it would be faster. It has to be cheaper to ship 1500 cars by boat for an extra 15-20 days then it is to ship 1500 cars by train across country. I just made up 1500, I'm not sure how many cars fit on that boat, but I bet it's loaded with BMW's too so the savings are spread out across all the vehicles on the boat. Who knows but it must comes down to economics.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:30 AM
Marination
1st Gear
The Topeka entering the Panama Canal this morning on it's way to Port Hueneme, eta Sept. 5!

Old 08-27-2013, 11:38 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Mr. T
The information will be outlined on the Vehicle Inquiry Report that you should have received from your MA. The port of arrival will be located in the far right column under "Port Location." You will find the codes defined in the "1st Gear" threads here: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d-updated.html in Section 4 – Transport and Delivery.
Port Loc. = BALPOA
Order Status = 112-Scheduled for daily
Priority = 1-Customer Sold

UPDATE
: I just called ASK MINI. The MINI rep said the "112-Sceduled for daily" refers to an order 'pack'. 'Pack 112' is a group of MINIs that were assigned for production by MINI for particular dealerships on August 2nd, which was actually 15 days before I ordered my Roadster S. Thus, my car slipped into a slot previously allocated to my dealer. I guess that's a good thing...

Last edited by tampadave; 08-27-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:30 PM
Montgoau
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Marination
The Topeka entering the Panama Canal this morning on it's way to Port Hueneme, eta Sept. 5!
Cool.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:46 AM
Shubert
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Marination
And here's the Topeka leaving the Panama Canal last night!

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group-miraflores.jpg  
Old 08-28-2013, 12:09 PM
WolfsBane
3rd Gear
IMO, BMW/MINI may have an existing arrangenment that is more cost effective for transportation to the west coast of the US. BMW already has a VDC, (Vehicle Distribution Center), in Oxnard, CA, within a couple of miles of Port Hueneme. And it is at this site where vehicles in the west coast go through final factory installation and final factory inspection prior to being released to a carrier for transportation to the dealers.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:07 PM
grmnxtc
1st Gear
Originally Posted by tampadave
Port Loc. = BALPOA
Order Status = 112-Scheduled for daily
Priority = 1-Customer Sold

UPDATE: I just called ASK MINI. The MINI rep said the "112-Sceduled for daily" refers to an order 'pack'. 'Pack 112' is a group of MINIs that were assigned for production by MINI for particular dealerships on August 2nd, which was actually 15 days before I ordered my Roadster S. Thus, my car slipped into a slot previously allocated to my dealer. I guess that's a good thing...
We're in the same group.... I've been checking and not seen any movement from "scheduled for production" for a while now. I called the "live people" and was told it's completion should be Sep 6th.

You'll get yours before me, I'm sure, as mine has the Panama Canal to negotiate before arriving on the West Coast.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:08 PM
grmnxtc
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Shubert

Way cool! I'll have to check those webcams out!

Old 08-28-2013, 03:09 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Shubert

Very cool pics!

Obvious that WW didn't design their ships for their looks...They make be super efficient but sure are butt ugly!

Old 08-28-2013, 04:49 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by grmnxtc
We're in the same group.... I've been checking and not seen any movement from "scheduled for production" for a while now. I called the "live people" and was told it's completion should be Sep 6th.

You'll get yours before me, I'm sure, as mine has the Panama Canal to negotiate before arriving on the West Coast.
Mine is "scheduled for production", per ASK MINI rep, but I don't know any more details. My MA told me last week the September 26th ETA should be fairly accurate. I hope so. My Fiat 500 rental is fun, but I'm looking forward to my Roadster.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group