1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 04:32 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MINIDraftFarm
Same here! Have you had to research vinyl and the different grades? Ugh! I'm pretty sure I'm going with the ceramic tint. I just started looking into the cleaning/waxing supplies. Floor mats are another issue. There's not many choices for the 2014's....yet.
I went with some nice black floor liners from mini that I think are new for the 2014 and steered clear of the heavy rubber floor mats. My MA said these were the first ones they had seen and they are thinking of putting them in all of there mini's. they have nice high sides on both front and rear sets to keep liquid and dirt etc contained. pull out the standard carpet ones and these Velcro into place

Old 10-02-2013, 05:40 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SheldonCoopr
I went with some nice black floor liners from mini that I think are new for the 2014 and steered clear of the heavy rubber floor mats. My MA said these were the first ones they had seen and they are thinking of putting them in all of there mini's. they have nice high sides on both front and rear sets to keep liquid and dirt etc contained. pull out the standard carpet ones and these Velcro into place
You'll like them. I think they may be manufactured in the USA by Weathertech (or at least they look very similar). I have the Weathertech floor liners in my other 2 vehicles, and they are excellent for winter driving, and rain and mud in other seasons.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:48 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tampadave
If you don't mind my asking, what is your MINI dealership asking for extended maintenance and the clear bra (full bonnet)? PM me if you prefer. I fully understand why you selected the extended maintenance program, but I'm curious why you chose the clear bra. I've heard various pros and cons surrounding clear bra installation.
Sorry for the late response was asleep at the switch. I went with the clear bra for a couple of reasons:

Living in northeast I felt I needed the extra protection cause of all the crap on the roads up here in late winter/early spring.

My wife has an 06 lightning blue cabrio and has about a half dozen chips all from other cars kicking up crap on the roads. I figured it would be worse with black. Letting dealer apply it to stand behind product.

Never had it on a car before so I know I am taking a risk rolling the dice it will work out.

No deal on pricing for these $1795 for extended and $695 for clear bra.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:58 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by KennyR
You'll like them. I think they may be manufactured in the USA by Weathertech (or at least they look very similar). I have the Weathertech floor liners in my other 2 vehicles, and they are excellent for winter driving, and rain and mud in other seasons.
Agree very similar to the weather tech these have the black mini logo on the sides going vertically on them and were a little more expense then the weather tech's. Love the look of them and the exact fit

Have husky liners in my truck and love them for the truck. They would not have looked good in the MCS.

Old 10-02-2013, 06:05 PM
Dogwhistle
2nd Gear
Don Juan update

Anybody with a Don Juan vehicle to New York see any movement? WW tracking still shows it loaded on vehicle, and no customs clearing line like other boats are seeing. So much for a quick turn through the VDC and a Saturday delivery!

Old 10-02-2013, 06:27 PM
QuietHarper
2nd Gear
Torino is docked in Baltimore! Wahoooooooo! Customs clearance already done, so at least that won't be a delay. Here's hoping for efficient handling in the VDC.

Old 10-02-2013, 06:28 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
I assume you went with the full Clear Bra across the bonnet, given driving conditions up North. Your pricing is exactly in line with what I've seen advertised by authorized Clear Bra dealers.

Update: The Torino is literally in view of the docks at the Maryland Port Authority (MPA) Fairfield Auto Terminal as I write this post.

Old 10-02-2013, 06:37 PM
dshoaf
Neutral
Ordered a Clubman S in early August with the Hyde Park appearance package, some of the interior details like the armrest, heated seats and foglights. Should be a fun car.

On the tracking, MiniUSA.com shows it En Route. VIN tracking gets me nothing. Does anyone else have a car bound for the California port now? I suspect my car is on it or else is on the other carrier.

I'm told delivery is expected sometime around mid-month so the ship should be in the Pacific, I hope.

Cheers,

David

Old 10-02-2013, 06:52 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
I assume you went with the full Clear Bra across the bonnet, given driving conditions up North. Your pricing is exactly in line with what I've seen advertised by authorized Clear Bra dealers.

Update: The Torino is literally in view of the docks at the Maryland Port Authority (MPA) Fairfield Auto Terminal as I write this post.
Correct full bra across the bonnet. Congrats on the docking I'm still pulling for no later then October 5th for your delivery!

Old 10-02-2013, 07:05 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by dshoaf
Ordered a Clubman S in early August with the Hyde Park appearance package, some of the interior details like the armrest, heated seats and foglights. Should be a fun car.

On the tracking, MiniUSA.com shows it En Route. VIN tracking gets me nothing. Does anyone else have a car bound for the California port now? I suspect my car is on it or else is on the other carrier.

I'm told delivery is expected sometime around mid-month so the ship should be in the Pacific, I hope.

Cheers,

David
Keep us updated! This is fun (sort of).

Old 10-02-2013, 07:20 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
Keep us updated! This is fun (sort of).
Definitely not for the faint of heart

Old 10-02-2013, 07:37 PM
swjtx
2nd Gear
Same here! Have you had to research vinyl and the different grades? Ugh! I'm pretty sure I'm going with the ceramic tint. I just started looking into the cleaning/waxing supplies. Floor mats are another issue. There's not many choices for the 2014's....yet.
There are apparently a zillion different films and every time I think I have found the "best" one, I find another that claims to have the latest greatest, most heat reflective, electronic interference free, optically clear, etc. etc. etc. Ceramic seems to be better than metallic or vinyl and anything made by a reputable company (3M, Huper Optik, Ceramix ...and others) is prob as good as the next. My strategy is to narrow it down to a few and pick from that pool based on availability, price and the actual color/shade of the tint. I don't think you could go wrong with any of those.

Old 10-02-2013, 07:50 PM
MINIDraftFarm
2nd Gear
Michigan Highway has docked!!! My internet went down for some reason for a couple of hours. During that time, she hoisted the anchor and moved right on into port. The satellite close up just shows the cargo door going down....argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-02-2013, 07:54 PM
MINIDraftFarm
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SheldonCoopr
Sheldon.........can you take a picture of your new floor liners? I like weathertech, but not the look I want in the MINI. I looked at some liners made by maxpider?, but can't find many reviews on them. They don't look as industrial as most of the weathertechs.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:01 PM
swjtx
2nd Gear
The Michigan Highway is at the dock in Brunswick, GA. after a 10 hour delay sitting 11 miles off the coast. It started to head in right after the Hoegh St. Petersburgh started to pull away from the curb. I'd guessed it was waiting and it appears to have been a good guess.

Now, how long at the VDC? Anyone's guess. You'd think 4-5 days is reasonable unless they had to install options or repair damage, the latter would take longest. I can't image the average being longer than 4-5 days since that seems like the schedule for ships making deliveries so if they weren't clearing inventory as fast as it arrived, they'd have an unmanageable backlog after only a few deliveries. There are a lot of parking spots on that car-park but not an unlimited number.

Oh, notice how I started talking British there? Haven't seen it yet but it's already rubbing off :-)

Old 10-02-2013, 08:11 PM
swjtx
2nd Gear
Michigan Highway has docked!!! My internet went down for some reason for a couple of hours. During that time, she hoisted the anchor and moved right on into port. The satellite close up just shows the cargo door going down....argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You have live satellite view? The view I have shows a ship at the dock but that could have been taken 2 days, 2 months or even 2 years ago.

Looks like the ship in my view is Gray as it has been since I started looking a week ago. Since many of the Ro/Ro's are orange, I don't think this is a live view.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:17 PM
MINIDraftFarm
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by swjtx
You have live satellite view? The view I have shows a ship at the dock but that could have been taken 2 days, 2 months or even 2 years ago.

Looks like the ship in my view is Gray as it has been since I started looking a week ago. Since many of the Ro/Ro's are orange, I don't think this is a live view.
I had a pic of the Michigan Highway while at Baltimore port so I was hoping the same for Brunswick. The pic on marinetraffic shows a pic of the Morning Christina. In my excitement I thought it was the Michigan Highway.......then my brain settled down and I realized it wasn't even the right color, lol. Double Arghhhh! I'll say that with a pirate accent because I feel like I, er the MINI, have been at sea too long, lol

Old 10-02-2013, 08:22 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SheldonCooper:

I looked at the MINI mats and Weathertech as well, but went with the coco mats instead. I liked how they add a nice splash of color and kept a "soft look" to the interior, and don't show any dirt or scuff marks, etc. They're pretty well made and should last many years.

Last edited by KennyR; 10-02-2013 at 08:22 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-02-2013, 08:30 PM
swjtx
2nd Gear
Nice mats^ Anyone get the illuminated door sills? That sounds like an option I'd like to have but hard to tell till you see it in person.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:37 PM
MINIDraftFarm
2nd Gear
SheldonCooper:

I looked at the MINI mats and Weathertech as well, but went with the coco mats instead. I liked how they add a nice splash of color and kept a "soft look" to the interior, and don't show any dirt or scuff marks, etc. They're pretty well made and should last many years.

Thanks for posting that pic! I looked at those exact mats online. I was wondering how they would go with the LL with red piping as that's what I'm getting. Pretty nice!

Old 10-03-2013, 12:13 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
The Torino makes two stops in Baltimore over the course of two days.

Did my Roadster disembark at the first stop (10/2), or does it stay on board for two days and roll off at the second stop (10/4)?

BALTIMORE, MD U.S.A. 02/10/2013 03/10/2013
BALTIMORE, MD U.S.A. 04/10/2013 04/10/2013

Old 10-03-2013, 02:11 AM
BobK500
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Dogwhistle
Anybody with a Don Juan vehicle to New York see any movement? WW tracking still shows it loaded on vehicle, and no customs clearing line like other boats are seeing. So much for a quick turn through the VDC and a Saturday delivery!
The Don Juan is on the move again.

Old 10-03-2013, 03:28 AM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
SheldonCooper:

Yeah I was looking at these would have gone in that direction if I had done the JCW interior, which was in one of my builds. These do look great in your build!

Old 10-03-2013, 03:29 AM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
The Torino makes two stops in Baltimore over the course of two days.

Did my Roadster disembark at the first stop (10/2), or does it stay on board for two days and roll off at the second stop (10/4)?

BALTIMORE, MD U.S.A. 02/10/2013 03/10/2013
BALTIMORE, MD U.S.A. 04/10/2013 04/10/2013
I'm thinking first stop is to unload those Mini's and second stop is to load new cargo

Old 10-03-2013, 03:31 AM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by swjtx
Nice mats^ Anyone get the illuminated door sills? That sounds like an option I'd like to have but hard to tell till you see it in person.
I was looking at these and discussed with my MA. The labor to install was crazy. They were a $1250 option installed. So I passed.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group