1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 01:48 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Roadster "John Bull" arrived at MINI of Sterling today! Delivery first thing Monday morning! Thank you all for your continuous support. From the factory in Oxford to MINI of Sterling, the journey is nearly over.

Last edited by tampadave; 10-05-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:05 PM
banderlin
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tampadave
My Roadster "John Bull" arrived at MINI of Sterling today!
Woot! Congrats! I'm sure you won't have any trouble sleeping these next few days. Nope, none at all.

Old 10-05-2013, 04:50 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Roadster "John Bull" arrived at MINI of Sterling today! Delivery first thing Monday morning! Thank you all for your continuous support. From the factory in Oxford to MINI of Sterling, the journey is nearly over.
Great news, Dave...Your long wait is nearly over! It's nice that you'll get to start the break-in of John Bull before you leave for your long-planned vacation. We'll all look forward to your final delivery and some pictures!

Old 10-05-2013, 05:13 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by KennyR
Great news, Dave...Your long wait is nearly over! It's nice that you'll get to start the break-in of John Bull before you leave for your long-planned vacation. We'll all look forward to your final delivery and some pictures!
Thanks, Kenny! I'm going to the dealership Sunday just to see my Roadster in the back lot. You configure your MINI on-line, then suddenly it's there, hopefully as you envisioned it.

Old 10-05-2013, 05:35 PM
RottVet
1st Gear
[QUOTE=swjtx;3820827]
Originally Posted by swjtx
I think our rides will be on the same truck. I only said the 12th because that's really the earliest I'd want to pick it up so I was just saying I think it would make it there at least by the 12th. More likely earlier.

Hi RottVet,

Just got an email from my sales-dude-ster who said my Mini is departing GA today. If you're also departing today, we should be on the same truck. I'll bring a deck of cards, you bring your wallet.
Howdy swjtx!

Ooh! You are really good! Believe you are right, my MA said mine was loaded this morning as well . Don't think I want to play cards with someone that has your kind of clairvoyance!!! I will send you a wallet full of cash if you can slip that spice orange clubbie with toffee lounge leather interior and black roof, mirrors & headlights off of that transport! Make sure you get both sets of keys,the title and a full tank of premium gas, preferably w/o ethanol. Don't worry about washing & vacuuming, I can take care of that part! Don't worry about delivery either, I will be most happy & gracious to pick it up!! Just let me know!

Old 10-05-2013, 06:00 PM
RottVet
1st Gear

Congrats to you, TampaDave!

You have been a paragon of forebearance, patience, and temperance during this past few weeks!!! Lol! Seriously, I have really enjoyed your inputs on this thread during this long wait. Along with others it has made the time most enjoyable for me. Here's to your complete happiness and enjoyment of you new ride! Good luck in Florida as well. My wife and daughters live there, really nice in the wintertime, great place to have a roadster. Just keep your hand on your pocketbook at all times!

Old 10-05-2013, 06:20 PM
BobK500
1st Gear
Nice! Don't forget some pics after you get it home!

Old 10-05-2013, 06:21 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by RottVet
Congrats to you, TampaDave!

You have been a paragon of forebearance, patience, and temperance during this past few weeks!!! Lol! Seriously, I have really enjoyed your inputs on this thread during this long wait. Along with others it has made the time most enjoyable for me. Here's to your complete happiness and enjoyment of you new ride! Good luck in Florida as well. My wife and daughters live there, really nice in the wintertime, great place to have a roadster. Just keep your hand on your pocketbook at all times!
Thank you for your kind words. Rather than indulge myself, I always preferred to spoil my wife and daughters with life's niceties. I rarely shop for myself. But every once in a while I treat myself, like now, and it feels great! I can't wait to get my Roadster to the Gulf Coast. Lots of top down weather for an old beach bum!

Old 10-05-2013, 06:40 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
Congrats TD!!!! I need a new crystal ball I was off by a couple of days. At least it got to your dealer today.I thought you would have by 10/5.

Enjoy the time with it Monday and all the days beyond

Look forward to pictures and stories of your upcoming travails.

Old 10-05-2013, 06:47 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by SheldonCoopr
Congrats TD!!!! I need a new crystal ball I was off by a couple of days. At least it got to your dealer today.I thought you would have by 10/5.

Enjoy the time with it Monday and all the days beyond

Look forward to pictures and stories of your upcoming travails.
Thanks, SC! The dealership's closed Sunday, but I'm going to see my Roaster anyway. I'll be there a while, largely in disbelief it's really here.

Old 10-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Grumpy_i_m
2nd Gear
John Bull has arrived

Great News. I hope you report on your Sunday visit with John Bull.
I enjoyed the conversations.
Looking forward to the Pictures.
Enjoy!

Old 10-05-2013, 07:45 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Grumpy_i_m
Great News. I hope you report on your Sunday visit with John Bull.
I enjoyed the conversations.
Looking forward to the Pictures.
Enjoy!
Thanks, my friend. Has anybody heard from QuietHarper yet? We were on the same boat from Southampton.

Old 10-05-2013, 09:23 PM
QuietHarper
2nd Gear
Thanks, my friend. Has anybody heard from QuietHarper yet? We were on the same boat from Southampton.
Congratulations TampaDave! I'm glad your beast has arrived safe and sound to your dealership.

I saw my MA today (had to check on whether they drill the front bumpers for license plates here in MO by default - the answer is no), and I'm expecting to pick up this Friday assuming the truck gets here without issue. That works for me, since I'm currently working in NJ Mon-Thurs every week -- so my beast is showing up just in time to be paraded at a family wedding.

Old 10-06-2013, 04:53 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
That's great, QH! I spoke with my MA about not drilling holes for a front license plate holder. He already issued orders to the service department, so I'm covered. With Florida in mind, it makes no sense to have my front bumper marred by holes when I only need a rear plate in the Sunshine State.

Old 10-06-2013, 05:46 AM
swjtx
2nd Gear
Checked. My dealership says default is no badges (bolted, glued or riveted) and no front plate holder unless you request it. They do supply a rear plate frame with dealer name.

Nice that they appreciate what they're selling enough not to destroy it for the sake of advertising their business.

Old 10-06-2013, 05:54 AM
BobK500
1st Gear
Checked. My dealership says default is no badges (bolted, glued or riveted) and no front plate holder unless you request it. They do supply a rear plate frame with dealer name.

Nice that they appreciate what they're selling enough not to destroy it for the sake of advertising their business.
I had just sent an email to my MA to see if they apply any dealer badges, decals, or logos; and to not apply them if they do. I told them a license surround is OK.

I'm in NY and we use a front plate, so I didn't ask about that.

Old 10-06-2013, 06:28 AM
b00sted09
3rd Gear
I gave them a $1,000 check and they cashed it two weeks before my delivery date. I believe they intend to charge your card for the mandatory order deposit. MINI dealerships are not in the habit of ordering customized vehicles without accepting a non-refundable deposit.
Great new guys! The dealer messed up my first order and didn't include the body color matched c pillars so, they are putting in a new order for me.
I went ahead and added the JCW exterior package!
It's adding two more weeks from the original order but at least I am getting what I really wanted.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:00 AM
swjtx
2nd Gear
Hmm. Seems strange because what my dealership did was input the details, print the build sheet, had me sign, then went back and hit the "place order" button. I'll surmise they do it this way because people frequently change their minds about options during the sales process and they want one last "are you sure" before ordering anything.

If a spec had been wrong, they would have probably said "you signed it".

They didn't do it this way at your dealership?

Old 10-06-2013, 08:21 AM
b00sted09
3rd Gear
Hmm. Seems strange because what my dealership did was input the details, print the build sheet, had me sign, then went back and hit the "place order" button. I'll surmise they do it this way because people frequently change their minds about options during the sales process and they want one last "are you sure" before ordering anything. If a spec had been wrong, they would have probably said "you signed it". They didn't do it this way at your dealership?
No, my salesman was new and every paper work that i signed were very informal. I just signed the configuration sheet that my MA printed out from the Mini builder site.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:39 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Dealership was closed today (Sunday), but I went to see my new Roadster anyway. Still wearing delivery wrap and slightly dirty, he still looked great! Delivery tomorrow! Not a very good picture, but meet John Bull:

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group-dsc01006.jpg  
Old 10-06-2013, 12:43 PM
Grumpy_i_m
2nd Gear
Dealership was closed today (Sunday), but I went to see my new Roadster anyway. Still wearing delivery wrap and slightly dirty, he still looked great! Delivery tomorrow! Not a very good picture, but meet John Bull:
Tdave

He looks great!
Ready for a shower and shave.
Great looking roadster.
Thanks for the picture.

Old 10-06-2013, 01:59 PM
QuietHarper
2nd Gear
He looks great! A little cleanup, and he will be turning heads everywhere.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:47 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Let me try another shot. I'll stick to my law profession, not photography.

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group-dsc00994.jpg   "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group-dsc00993.jpg  
Old 10-06-2013, 03:02 PM
swjtx
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by b00sted09
No, my salesman was new and every paper work that i signed were very informal. I just signed the configuration sheet that my MA printed out from the Mini builder site.
Ah, and that had the option listed I presume?

Nice you get a second chance. I was back and forth on the Nav. At one point after the order I asked about making changes (still thinking about the Nav) and was told once it's in Prod, no changes. It was.

I still don't want the Nav but started thinking that deleting it might delete a feature I do want. The whole thing is pretty confusing TBH with what "connected" features you get with the various options/packages.

Old 10-06-2013, 03:06 PM
swjtx
2nd Gear
Let me try another shot. I'll stick to my law profession, not photography.
Gratz! Rally lights and wheels were good choices. I'm confused about the hood scoop. Thought the S had it and the non-S doesn't. That one doesn't. Sure it's yours?

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group