1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 04:07 PM
Bunster
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tampadave
USAA is a company that sells insurance, financial products, etc., out of San Antonio, TX. You must be affiliated with the US Armed Forces, whether active duty, retired, or a dependent. Members were formerly required to be officers, but USAA has opened up most services to enlisted personnel in recent years. I'm a former US Army officer. My wife and daughters can utilize USAA. My grandchildren and their grandchildren will qualify for USAA services. If you qualify, membership is a must! Check your family tree, Bunster. 2013 and 2014 Coupes and Roadsters bring $1,000 USAA-funded rebates, though most other MINI models carry $500 rebates. If you're picking up tomorrow, I don't think you'll have sufficient time to check your qualifications FWIW.
Thanks, Tampadave. You are always so helpful. My father was a vet, but he died 40 years ago, so I doubt if I would qualify. Plus, like you said, no time. Plan to be on the road all day tomorrow. It's supposed to be a perfect fall day.

Old 10-10-2013, 04:13 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
Today's adventure. Clear bra going on full bonnet today will have "Penny" back In the morning. Driving a 2013 Pacman S for a loaner not a bad ride. Now for the Bonner Heat Insulation SA said part was $117 with tax. Installation 1 hour. Labor is more then the part. The kicker is the heat insulation is not a listed part for the 2014 Cabrio so if it does not fit and they cannot retro fit it I own the part.

I think I will do more research and do this myself.

PS the 2013 Pacman S loaner has the heat insulation. The Pacman has stripes so many they add it for stripes

Old 10-10-2013, 04:37 PM
swjtx
2nd Gear
See? It does exist!

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group-photo-1.jpg  
Old 10-10-2013, 04:40 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by swjtx
See? It does exist!
You sure its not photo shopped or card board cutout . Looks like you are going to have a blast once they turn her/him loose to you .

Old 10-10-2013, 04:51 PM
BobK500
1st Gear
Picked my Coupe today! Loving it.

Mine had the heat insulation under the hood also.

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group-img_0954.jpg  
Old 10-10-2013, 04:59 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by BobK500

Nice congrats enjoy the ride looks sweet. Thanks for the heat insulation info!

Old 10-10-2013, 05:11 PM
swjtx
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SheldonCoopr
You sure its not photo shopped or card board cutout . Looks like you are going to have a blast once they turn her/him loose to you .
I'd look silly running down the highway with a cardboard cut out but if that's what it takes....

Old 10-10-2013, 05:20 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by SheldonCoopr
Nice congrats enjoy the ride looks sweet. Thanks for the heat insulation info!
Everyone with viper stripes appears to receive the bonnet insulator as standard equipment. No one else. A veteran NAM poster pointed this out - his stripeless Roadster came without so he had it installed by his MINI dealer for roughly $250. I'll try to work a deal through my MA and/or Sales Manager, but if it's MINI's policy to only install the insulator in viper-striped vehicles because the heat screws up the stripes, I'll probably have to pay for it.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:24 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by BobK500

Very nice-looking - subtle and classy appearance. Congratulations! One by one, our '14 support group members are getting their rides.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:26 PM
BobK500
1st Gear
Very nice-looking - subtle and classy appearance. Congratulations! One by one, our '14 support group members are getting their rides.
Thanks!

It's good to see the 2014's starting to come through for everyone. The wait seemed long, but now that it is here it was well worth the wait.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:31 PM
RottVet
1st Gear
See? It does exist!

Well done! Never doubted you for more than a day! Awesome ride, love the fact it is a clubman and those cool wheels and chrome mirrors. Enjoy it to the max!

BobK500- what a sleek and stupendous coupe! Luv it- Obviously you do too! Best wishes for many a good time behind the wheel!

The same congrats and regards to The Mike, Hobbes, Raven Girl, Bunster, and all the others who have new additions to the Family! Gee, these Mini ads are rubbing off on me! Maybe I can be an MAin my next life.

Last edited by RottVet; 10-10-2013 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Mathematics- addition and subtraction!
Old 10-10-2013, 05:35 PM
Dogwhistle
2nd Gear

Here's justa clubbie!

Old 10-10-2013, 05:44 PM
Dogwhistle
2nd Gear
C pillars in body color.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:45 PM
Spicy13
Neutral
Originally Posted by Dogwhistle

Here's justa clubbie!

Nice ride shipmate! Just found out our stripes have been installed and the car is on a truck headed this way. Should be here tomorrow, expect to take delivery on Saturday!!

Old 10-10-2013, 05:47 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Dogwhistle,

I like the BRG and subtle striping on your Clubbie. The wheels caught my eye immediately. Congratulations and well done!

Old 10-10-2013, 05:48 PM
Dogwhistle
2nd Gear
Driveway is getting full!

Old 10-10-2013, 05:52 PM
Dogwhistle
2nd Gear
Spicy13, TD - thanks, my wife loves it! Glad to hear yours is just about in your hands, spicy.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:33 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
See? It does exist!
Those wheels look great in the photo, yet I bet they look even better in person. Very sporty, very aggressive-looking IMO. Congrats, swjtx!

Old 10-10-2013, 07:19 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Everyone with viper stripes appears to receive the bonnet insulator as standard equipment. No one else. A veteran NAM poster pointed this out - his stripeless Roadster came without so he had it installed by his MINI dealer for roughly $250. I'll try to work a deal through my MA and/or Sales Manager, but if it's MINI's policy to only install the insulator in viper-striped vehicles because the heat screws up the stripes, I'll probably have to pay for it.
Dave:

The insulation looks like it would be pretty easy to install by anyone with modest DIY skills in maybe 30 minutes...I can't envision what the service tech is doing for most of the rest of the hour they need to install it. I've often been able to get dealer accessories "at their cost" at the time I order or take delivery of a vehicle, so maybe your MA can get you a bit of a discount???

Old 10-10-2013, 07:22 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Driveway is getting full!

And it's so nice that your new MINI has its own mini garage behind to to park in!

Old 10-11-2013, 05:05 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by KennyR
Dave:

The insulation looks like it would be pretty easy to install by anyone with modest DIY skills in maybe 30 minutes...I can't envision what the service tech is doing for most of the rest of the hour they need to install it. I've often been able to get dealer accessories "at their cost" at the time I order or take delivery of a vehicle, so maybe your MA can get you a bit of a discount???
I'll try when I get back from Florida. The insulator is a "must have" IMO. Have you noticed the pattern involving viper stripe owners versus stripe-less owners in terms of who gets the insulator installed as standard equipment?

Old 10-11-2013, 09:48 AM
MINIDraftFarm
2nd Gear
Congrats to all those that have picked up their new rides!!! They all look great!

Even though mine arrived at port on 10-3 with an ETA at dealer on 10-8, my new ETA is 10-16. Why we don't know. MA said if it was damage, that is usually a quick fix. They are probably waiting on a part. Again, I think this is standard MINI sales training coming through as I seem to get all the by the book answers. He's been a great at tracking/checking for me so I can't complain about him. I'm at a loss on why it's still at the VDC

Old 10-11-2013, 10:39 AM
Grumpy_i_m
2nd Gear

Here's justa clubbie!
DogWhistle:
What great looking ride!
I love the BRGII, ( I may be prejudiced ) The whole selection was "well done"
Thanks for the great pictures.

My BRGII S Coupe is finally in transport from the VDC to the dealer. I am not sure but I may be the the last of the pack 112 waiting for thier MINI. I ordered 8/3 , finished production 9-13 ( Same date as TDave's Roadster) and still waiting for delivery to the dealer.
Your pictures have renewed my hope that the wait will be worth it.

Great looking ride DW

Thanks again for the great Pic's

Old 10-11-2013, 10:53 AM
Grumpy_i_m
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MINIDraftFarm
Congrats to all those that have picked up their new rides!!! They all look great!

Even though mine arrived at port on 10-3 with an ETA at dealer on 10-8, my new ETA is 10-16. Why we don't know. MA said if it was damage, that is usually a quick fix. They are probably waiting on a part. Again, I think this is standard MINI sales training coming through as I seem to get all the by the book answers. He's been a great at tracking/checking for me so I can't complain about him. I'm at a loss on why it's still at the VDC
MiniDraftFarm:
We both had MINI's that were held up at the Brunswick GA VDC My Mini arrived at the VDC prior to yours. I don't have any answers for you but I did just get notification that my MINI is now in transport to the dealer here in Oklahoma.
I don't know what the hold up was but it seems cars are now being shipped from Brunswick. Maybe "hawg huntin' " season closed and everyone is back to work.

Old 10-11-2013, 11:11 AM
QuietHarper
2nd Gear
The beast has made it home with me!

And here are the homecoming pictures.

He drives like a dream -- it's gonna be a challenge getting used to the zip of this bad boy, lemme tell you. After driving a Pathfinder for the last umpity-ump years... What a difference.

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group-img_1360.jpg   "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group-img_1362.jpg   "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group-img_1365.jpg  

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group