1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Matt314
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally, my Mini has arrived at the dealer in Denver! I'll be heading up there Saturday to pick it up.

Old 10-24-2013, 06:38 PM
banderlin
2nd Gear
Ladies and gentlemen... introducing... Doreen!

(Sorry, couldn't figure out how to do a gallery post)

Old 10-25-2013, 02:02 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Congratulations, banderlin! Doreen is a great name for an equally great MINI. I'm so glad you finally took delivery after such a long wait. Enjoy driving her, wave at other MINI owners, and keep us posted on your adventures!

Dave

Old 10-25-2013, 02:10 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by WolfsBane
Lots of great looking Minis. My understanding is that BMW/Mini took some steps to alleviate the issue with excessive heat from the turbo unit. I also heard that, in addition, they are also incorporating some heat shielding around the turbo unit itself. Can any of the new owners confirm?
A NAM poster (an MA) checked into it and said MINI fixed the problem in the recent year models. If that's true, then why install them in some cars and not others?

Old 10-25-2013, 03:37 PM
DanisMini
Neutral
Got a call from the dealer. It's scheduled to arrive tomorrow and will be ready for pickup next Wednesday. That doesn't work for us, so we're scheduled to get it next Saturday. 10 weeks is a long time to wait for a car, especially since it took less than 3 weeks to build. Almost there.

Here's our to-do list for next weekend.

Saturday:
-drop off dogs at kennel
-pick up new cooper s convertible
-put top down
-go home, load bags into new mini
-install wind deflector
-put on hat and gloves and turn on seat heaters
-drive to durango
-take pictures with the top down in the snow on the way
-[item removed - explicit content]

Sunday:
-drive to Four Corners and take obligatory pictures
-turn off seat heaters and remove hat and gloves
-apply sunscreen
-drive to Phoenix

Should be a nice way to break in the new car!

Old 10-25-2013, 09:16 PM
rs_cup
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DanisMini
Got a call from the dealer. It's scheduled to arrive tomorrow and will be ready for pickup next Wednesday. That doesn't work for us, so we're scheduled to get it next Saturday. 10 weeks is a long time to wait for a car, especially since it took less than 3 weeks to build. Almost there. Here's our to-do list for next weekend. Saturday: -drop off dogs at kennel -pick up new cooper s convertible -put top down -go home, load bags into new mini -install wind deflector -put on hat and gloves and turn on seat heaters -drive to durango -take pictures with the top down in the snow on the way -[item removed - explicit content] Sunday: -drive to Four Corners and take obligatory pictures -turn off seat heaters and remove hat and gloves -apply sunscreen -drive to Phoenix Should be a nice way to break in the new car!

Congratulations on your new MINI!

Imho, if the car arrives Saturday, it should not take until Wednesday for the dealer to ready it. My MINI arrived on a Monday and my MA got it ready and delivered Tuesday. And this wad while he was on vacation - he still felt it important enough to get us in our MINI right away.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:18 PM
rs_cup
1st Gear
Originally Posted by tampadave
A NAM poster (an MA) checked into it and said MINI fixed the problem in the recent year models. If that's true, then why install them in some cars and not others?
I asked my dealer and was given the same answer - that MINI has fixed the problem in recent years. I then asked him that if I get the stripes installed from them now and they melt and mess up the hood, will that be covered under warranty, will MINI cover it? He asked me to discuss with a service advisor which I will.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:15 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by rs_cup
I asked my dealer and was given the same answer - that MINI has fixed the problem in recent years. I then asked him that if I get the stripes installed from them now and they melt and mess up the hood, will that be covered under warranty, will MINI cover it? He asked me to discuss with a service advisor which I will.
I think I'm getting the MINI heat shield installed anyway. My bonnet gets hot to the touch after even a fairly short drive. Not taking any chances with it - the bonnet will get hot enough in Florida without adding turbo heat into the equation.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:18 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Matt314
Finally, my Mini has arrived at the dealer in Denver! I'll be heading up there Saturday to pick it up.
Congrats, Matt314! You ordered the week after me and I've had mine for about three weeks. It'll be worth the wait, trust me. I love my Roadster. Make sure you post pictures for your NAM friends!

Old 10-26-2013, 04:19 PM
banderlin
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tampadave
Congratulations, banderlin! Doreen is a great name for an equally great MINI. I'm so glad you finally took delivery after such a long wait. Enjoy driving her, wave at other MINI owners, and keep us posted on your adventures!

Dave
Thanks TD. Had my 1st motoring session today:
  • 250 miles
  • 3 states
  • Many twisties that put a smile on my face
  • 1 for 5 on waves (but my very 1st one was returned!)

I think I bought the right car.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:18 PM
Lyfisin
1st Gear
Originally Posted by banderlin
Ladies and gentlemen... introducing... Doreen!
Nicely done banderlin!

Lyf

Last edited by Lyfisin; 10-26-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:48 PM
MINIDraftFarm
2nd Gear
Finally Home with my new Guy!!!

After a looooong wait, he's home! We finally got home this evening. It was a long, but extremely fun drive home (TN, AR, MO). I did get the dealership to take the price of the mad flaps and their installation off for the VDC issue. I took some pics of him at the dealership, but he was all naked still. Here he is with his stripes and new tint. He's dirty and buggie from the road I'll clean him up tomorrow. I've got to give him a name. I'm just glad he's here!!!!

Also glad to see some others got their new rides. Congrats

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group-car-front-stripes.jpg   "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group-car-side-stripes.jpg   "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group-back-car-stripes.jpg  
Old 10-26-2013, 07:19 PM
Lyfisin
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MINIDraftFarm
After a looooong wait, he's home!
Terrific! I remember you were saying how far it was to the dealer and trying to work out a pickup time. I'm glad you were able to work it in.

Beautiful ride.

Lyf

Old 10-26-2013, 08:28 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
After a looooong wait, he's home! We finally got home this evening. It was a long, but extremely fun drive home (TN, AR, MO). I did get the dealership to take the price of the mad flaps and their installation off for the VDC issue. I took some pics of him at the dealership, but he was all naked still. Here he is with his stripes and new tint. He's dirty and buggie from the road I'll clean him up tomorrow. I've got to give him a name. I'm just glad he's here!!!!

Also glad to see some others got their new rides. Congrats
Congrats on your new arrival! That's a very nice looking MINI with the stripe and black wheels. Good that you were able to get some consideration from your dealer for having to wait longer while your car was at the VDC. Best wishes, and enjoy the ride!

Old 10-26-2013, 10:47 PM
rs_cup
1st Gear
After a looooong wait, he's home! We finally got home this evening. It was a long, but extremely fun drive home (TN, AR, MO). I did get the dealership to take the price of the mad flaps and their installation off for the VDC issue. I took some pics of him at the dealership, but he was all naked still. Here he is with his stripes and new tint. He's dirty and buggie from the road I'll clean him up tomorrow. I've got to give him a name. I'm just glad he's here!!!! Also glad to see some others got their new rides. Congrats
Your Countryman looks lovely with the black wheels and the sport stripes. Is the exterior color Crystal Silver? Also do the stripes have red outlines(JCW)?

Old 10-27-2013, 05:43 AM
Grumpy_i_m
2nd Gear
After a looooong wait, he's home! We finally got home this evening. It was a long, but extremely fun drive home (TN, AR, MO). :
MDF
Congratulations! Great lookin' ride!
Your dealer was in Memphis?

Love the colors and stripes.
Wave when you see me!
Happy Motoring.

Old 10-27-2013, 05:56 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
MINIDraftFarm,

The stripes add a whole new dimension of sportiness to your MINI. Congratulations on the new ride!

Old 10-27-2013, 05:57 AM
banderlin
2nd Gear
After a looooong wait, he's home!
Beautiful. Congratulations! Sounds like a fun ride home from the dealer.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:20 AM
b00sted09
3rd Gear
After a looooong wait, he's home! We finally got home this evening. It was a long, but extremely fun drive home (TN, AR, MO). I did get the dealership to take the price of the mad flaps and their installation off for the VDC issue. I took some pics of him at the dealership, but he was all naked still. Here he is with his stripes and new tint. He's dirty and buggie from the road I'll clean him up tomorrow. I've got to give him a name. I'm just glad he's here!!!! Also glad to see some others got their new rides. Congrats
Great looking CM! I was going to get a cm but decided that I wanted the sportier clubman. Just checked the status of mine; production is complete and is awaiting for a carrier. I'm in Chicago and not exactly sure which carrier it will be on and what route it will be going through, at least until I get my tracking info.. I am expecting another 4 weeks until I take possesion of my MINI

Old 10-27-2013, 11:14 AM
Lyfisin
1st Gear
Originally Posted by b00sted09
Just checked the status of mine; production is complete and is awaiting for a carrier.
Seemed like just yesterday it started construction. I'm sure the time seems quicker when I'm not the one waiting on it.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:36 AM
b00sted09
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Lyfisin
Seemed like just yesterday it started construction. I'm sure the time seems quicker when I'm not the one waiting on it.
yep... for us waiting, it feels like an eternity

Old 10-27-2013, 02:24 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by b00sted09
yep... for us waiting, it feels like an eternity
An understatement. Indeed.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:39 PM
Matt314
1st Gear
I'm now the proud owner of a 2014 Clubman S, Spice Orange with black stripes, roof, etc! I'm unable to upload pics either here or my gallery (unclear what the problem is...) so you'll have to use your imagination for now. It was a long wait but definitely worth it...taking the back roads home just reaffirmed that this was the right choice for me. Now, to prep it for winter...clear bra, ski rack, and snow tires are next up!

Old 10-27-2013, 04:28 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
I'm now the proud owner of a 2014 Clubman S, Spice Orange with black stripes, roof, etc! I'm unable to upload pics either here or my gallery (unclear what the problem is...) so you'll have to use your imagination for now. It was a long wait but definitely worth it...taking the back roads home just reaffirmed that this was the right choice for me. Now, to prep it for winter...clear bra, ski rack, and snow tires are next up!
Congrats! Look forward to seeing the pictures. The wait is long but in the end well worth it!

Old 10-27-2013, 06:13 PM
Lyfisin
1st Gear
I'm now the proud owner of a 2014 Clubman S, Spice Orange with black stripes, roof, etc!
Awesome color selection. I'm also looking forward to the pics!

Lyf

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group