1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 07:14 PM
MINIDraftFarm
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rs_cup
Your Countryman looks lovely with the black wheels and the sport stripes. Is the exterior color Crystal Silver? Also do the stripes have red outlines(JCW)?
Thanks! Yes, the exterior is Crystal Silver. Yes, there's a thin red line on the outside of each stripe. I got them that way to tie in with the JCW interior. I took a pic of the interior and the stripes, but can't seem to upload them right now. The paint protection gets installed tomorrow. I'm getting the self healing kind. I live on a gravel road, and terrified of all those rocks!

Old 10-27-2013, 07:18 PM
MINIDraftFarm
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Grumpy_i_m
MDF
Congratulations! Great lookin' ride!
Your dealer was in Memphis?

Love the colors and stripes.
Wave when you see me!
Happy Motoring.
Thanks! Yes, I went to the dealership in Memphis. They were able to give me a better deal.

I will definitely wave I seen another MINI driver outside of Jonesboro, AR on the way home yesterday. I waved like crazy, but got nothing back. I'll keep on wavin' though

Old 10-28-2013, 06:55 AM
Matt314
1st Gear
All right, here she is! I haven't settled on a name for her yet though.

There was talk earlier in this thread about bonnet heat shield/insulation. My Mini did not come with anything like that installed, so I talked to the parts people at the dealer about this. It wasn't the first time they had been approached with this question, and while they had no strong opinions on the necessity of installing this, they were able to quickly locate the part numbers and get it on order for me (around $80, I think it was). It's designed for the diesel engine application. For that price, I figured there's little downside to installing it apart from reduced engine noise (this car is already too quiet...I'll fix that later).

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group-mini.jpg  
Old 10-28-2013, 08:23 AM
b00sted09
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Matt314
All right, here she is! I haven't settled on a name for her yet though. There was talk earlier in this thread about bonnet heat shield/insulation. My Mini did not come with anything like that installed, so I talked to the parts people at the dealer about this. It wasn't the first time they had been approached with this question, and while they had no strong opinions on the necessity of installing this, they were able to quickly locate the part numbers and get it on order for me (around $80, I think it was). It's designed for the diesel engine application. For that price, I figured there's little downside to installing it apart from reduced engine noise (this car is already too quiet...I'll fix that later).
Looks great!! I ordered a clubman too myself !
btw, I think you shouldn't have to pay for the insulation as it should come standard with the turbo and racing stripes on the bonnet.
The heat from the turbo warps the racing stripes on the bonnet if there is no insulation...

Old 10-29-2013, 09:12 AM
b00sted09
3rd Gear
My MINI has been released to a carrier and is awaiting transport!
If I contact my MA, do you think he will have the tracking info and port location?

Old 10-29-2013, 10:01 AM
RavenGirl
2nd Gear
Probably not, they usually don't have any info until the car gets a ship assignment. I'm on the west coast, so I knew my car would be sent to port Huneneme. It sat at the port for two weeks before being loaded on the Elektra. You can check this website: https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

use your full vin for the cargo id. When your car is loaded on to a ship it should give you information about which ship, unless you get loaded on to a kline. Then you would use this website: https://www2.nykline.com

Old 10-29-2013, 10:04 AM
b00sted09
3rd Gear
Very helpful! much appreciate it!!

Old 10-29-2013, 01:45 PM
DanisMini
Neutral
So I just took a look at the dealer's website out of curiosity to see what they have in stock. I saw a Cooper S Convertible that looked similar to what we ordered, so I clicked on it. It's not just similar, it's our car. The VIN matches.

I'm somewhat annoyed that they would list this in their available inventory. We ordered this car more than 2 months ago and paid a deposit on it. We're supposed to pick it up this weekend, and they've got it listed for sale. Could they actually sell this and refund our deposit if someone came in today and wanted it?

The only paper we signed was the order form, and I dont think that's binding. They told me at the time that we could decide not to buy it but we'd forfeit our deposit. If that's true, does that mean they can back out too? I dont think its likely that they'll sell it. It's cold, there's snow in the forecast, and it's a convertible. But it annoys me that they could, and that they appear to be trying to.

Old 10-29-2013, 01:53 PM
Dogwhistle
2nd Gear
All right, here she is! I haven't settled on a name for her yet though.

There was talk earlier in this thread about bonnet heat shield/insulation. My Mini did not come with anything like that installed, so I talked to the parts people at the dealer about this. It wasn't the first time they had been approached with this question, and while they had no strong opinions on the necessity of installing this, they were able to quickly locate the part numbers and get it on order for me (around $80, I think it was). It's designed for the diesel engine application. For that price, I figured there's little downside to installing it apart from reduced engine noise (this car is already too quiet...I'll fix that later).
Looks awesome. If I was in charge of clicking through the options list, instead of my wife, that's exactly what ours would look like!

Old 10-29-2013, 02:17 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by DanisMini
So I just took a look at the dealer's website out of curiosity to see what they have in stock. I saw a Cooper S Convertible that looked similar to what we ordered, so I clicked on it. It's not just similar, it's our car. The VIN matches.

I'm somewhat annoyed that they would list this in their available inventory. We ordered this car more than 2 months ago and paid a deposit on it. We're supposed to pick it up this weekend, and they've got it listed for sale. Could they actually sell this and refund our deposit if someone came in today and wanted it?

The only paper we signed was the order form, and I dont think that's binding. They told me at the time that we could decide not to buy it but we'd forfeit our deposit. If that's true, does that mean they can back out too? I dont think its likely that they'll sell it. It's cold, there's snow in the forecast, and it's a convertible. But it annoys me that they could, and that they appear to be trying to.
Have you called the MINI dealership about your pending delivery? Your call should resolve the matter straight away. I wouldn't hesitate to get on the phone with the MA or MINI Sales Manager ASAP. Now.

Old 10-29-2013, 02:21 PM
Matt314
1st Gear

I'm somewhat annoyed that they would list this in their available inventory.
Same thing happened with mine (same dealer), and I had the same initial reaction. However, I thought about it more and it made sense. Until the transaction was done, it IS in their inventory and it's in their best interest to move it off the lot fast. It doesn't hurt to put it out there to perhaps draw in some other customer...they could add that customer to a wait list in case the deal fell through, or seeing that car could be just what's needed to get them to order their own. I really don't think this particular dealer would sell the car to someone other than the one who ordered it. They'd lose you as a customer and not gain any more profit than they would otherwise.

Old 10-29-2013, 02:40 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe that for most MINI dealerships, all vehicles that are delivered are automatically added to their "available inventory" listing by the MINI inventory computer programs. All MAs (including mine) have a printed inventory list for what the dealership has ordered, when it is delivered, and some are for a specific customer order. Their auto deliveries are automatically added to their dealership web site "inventory" and can be seen online in near real-time.

MINI does not really know (or care) whether the car delivered is for dealer inventory or ordered for a specific customer. Their franchise dealerships are the only customer MINI has. And for a dealership, no car is "sold" until the customer signs the final purchase agreement. These forums are full of examples of MINI buyers who changed their minds, ordered a different model, etc. after they "ordered" their car.

As tampadave suggests, just call your MA and reconfirm your plans to pick up the vehicle on the date agreed to.

Old 10-29-2013, 02:44 PM
DanisMini
Neutral
Originally Posted by tampadave
Have you called the MINI dealership about your pending delivery? Your call should resolve the matter straight away. I wouldn't hesitate to get on the phone with the MA or MINI Sales Manager ASAP. Now.
I called the MA and he says all is well. It's marked as Sold and is being held for us. Crisis averted.

Same thing happened with mine (same dealer), and I had the same initial reaction. However, I thought about it more and it made sense. Until the transaction was done, it IS in their inventory and it's in their best interest to move it off the lot fast. It doesn't hurt to put it out there to perhaps draw in some other customer...they could add that customer to a wait list in case the deal fell through, or seeing that car could be just what's needed to get them to order their own. I really don't think this particular dealer would sell the car to someone other than the one who ordered it. They'd lose you as a customer and not gain any more profit than they would otherwise.
I think you're right. They would definitely lose me as a customer if they sold it out from under me. But listing all cars that are technically in their inventory on their site can only help in terms of bringing in customers. So I agree, it makes sense. And by the way, I like your Clubman a lot. Nice color combination. Hope you're enjoying it.

Old 10-29-2013, 02:56 PM
DanisMini
Neutral
Originally Posted by KennyR
MINI does not really know (or care) whether the car delivered is for dealer inventory or ordered for a specific customer. Their franchise dealerships are the only customer MINI has. And for a dealership, no car is "sold" until the customer signs the final purchase agreement. These forums are full of examples of MINI buyers who changed their minds, ordered a different model, etc. after they "ordered" their car.
I do see that from the dealer's perspective a car isn't sold until the deal is final. I remember when we ordered ours they showed us a Countryman that had been special ordered and spec'ed up to $50k+ and the buyer backed out. The dealer is stuck with this very personalized and expensive car now.

It had occurred to me before that we could still back out if we wanted to. It just hadn't occurred to me that it might go both ways - that they could sell it out from under us.

It appears all is well though. They'll hold it for us as previously arranged.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:22 PM
Lyfisin
1st Gear
Well, my Mini is getting closer depending on who you ask. I'm going with my MA since I was at the dealership Saturday and saw the order number myself. If you call ASK-MINI it still says waiting on a ship assignment, but the owners lounge and my MA say it is at the VDC and assigned a transport carrier. I should know more tomorrow.

Lyf

Old 10-29-2013, 04:49 PM
banderlin
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Lyfisin
Well, my Mini is getting closer depending on who you ask. I'm going with my MA since I was at the dealership Saturday and saw the order number myself. If you call ASK-MINI it still says waiting on a ship assignment, but the owners lounge and my MA say it is at the VDC and assigned a transport carrier. I should know more tomorrow.

Lyf
Oof, colliding information galore. Hang in there - you're so close!

Old 10-30-2013, 10:21 AM
b00sted09
3rd Gear
She is now on the Taraga vessel as of 10/29. It looks like it has an ETA of 11/11 at the Baltimore, MD port Is it safe to assume that I will be united with my MINI before Thanksgiving day? :D

Last edited by b00sted09; 10-30-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:55 AM
Lyfisin
1st Gear
Originally Posted by b00sted09
She is now on the Taraga vessel as of 10/29.
It looks like it has an ETA of 11/11 at the Baltimore, MD port
Is it safe to assume that I will be united with my MINI before Thanksgiving day?
I'd say there's a great chance of it. Yours seems to be moving right along.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:34 AM
RavenGirl
2nd Gear
I'm hoping I'll have my mini by thanksgiving. :(

Old 10-30-2013, 12:17 PM
b00sted09
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Lyfisin
I'd say there's a great chance of it. Yours seems to be moving right along.
Awesome, so excited!

Old 10-30-2013, 12:18 PM
b00sted09
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by RavenGirl
I'm hoping I'll have my mini by thanksgiving. :(
What stage is your MINI in now?

Old 10-30-2013, 04:32 PM
Lyfisin
1st Gear
Well, I pretty much got upgraded wonderful information today. The truck arrived in the city today, but didn't make it to my specific dealership. It is scheduled for tomorrow and since it's the last day of the month, they are motivated to deliver it to me tomorrow.

Good for them and great for me!!

Lyf

Old 10-31-2013, 11:50 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
Hang in there, guys and gals! Your MINI's will get there. It seemed like forever to me as the process dragged on, but the day finally arrived. I absolutely love my Roadster, so trust me - your MINI is worth the wait!

Old 10-31-2013, 07:46 PM
Lyfisin
1st Gear
Hi all.

It was a long day (not all at the mini dealer) but I was able to pick up my Roadster. Here is a picture I took at the dealership. Mine is the one on the right.

I'll post a couple of better ones before the weekend is over.

Lyf

Old 10-31-2013, 09:07 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
Nice looking Lyf!! You will have a blast this weekend breaking her in Congrats!

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group