1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 04:08 AM
b00sted09
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
congrats with the great looking coupe!
Is that a pepper white or white silver? looks like a pw is the pic

Old 11-01-2013, 05:47 AM
swjtx
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by DanisMini
So I just took a look at the dealer's website out of curiosity to see what they have in stock. I saw a Cooper S Convertible that looked similar to what we ordered, so I clicked on it. It's not just similar, it's our car. The VIN matches.

I'm somewhat annoyed that they would list this in their available inventory. We ordered this car more than 2 months ago and paid a deposit on it. We're supposed to pick it up this weekend, and they've got it listed for sale. Could they actually sell this and refund our deposit if someone came in today and wanted it?

The only paper we signed was the order form, and I dont think that's binding. They told me at the time that we could decide not to buy it but we'd forfeit our deposit. If that's true, does that mean they can back out too? I dont think its likely that they'll sell it. It's cold, there's snow in the forecast, and it's a convertible. But it annoys me that they could, and that they appear to be trying to.

he he. I thought about this too. The only reason I "ordered" the car was the dealer said a car with my options choices didn't exist in the US in anyone's inventory. With the knowledge that my order was indeed a "rare bird" I had nightmares of some big hat Texan telling my MA he'd double any current offer for my car!

Nothing stopping the dealer from selling it out from under you except integrity and I believe my dealership (Sewell MINI of Plano) has it.

Old 11-01-2013, 06:31 AM
banderlin
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Lyfisin
I was able to pick up my Roadster.
Congrats!

Old 11-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Lyfisin
1st Gear
Originally Posted by b00sted09
congrats with the great looking coupe!
Is that a pepper white or white silver? looks like a pw is the pic
Thanks b00sted09.

It's Pepper White. Perfect weekend for driving too.

Old 11-01-2013, 11:42 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
Lyf,

Congratulations on getting your PW Roadster! I hope you find the wait was totally worth it. Look forward to more pics and motoring stories. I only have 150 miles on my Roadster - I'm still driving on the MINI dealership's initial tank of gas. Now that you've taken delivery, consider registering your MINI with the New Official Peerage of the Pepper White on NAM. We have good conversation and a lot of nice pictures of Pepper White MINI's.

Old 11-01-2013, 02:40 PM
Lyfisin
1st Gear
TDave, that's amazing you are only at 150 miles. My car I traded in didn't have 25,000 miles on it after 6 1/2 years. This one may end up similar, but today, I was looking for excuses to take it somewhere.

I took it motoring and have just under 100 miles on it. I took a lot of pictures, and no surprise, most of them are horrible. Here are two of the better ones.

I really like the interior. Polar Beige Color Line - Dash Surface in Piano Black and Chrome Line Interior are the main options.

Old 11-01-2013, 05:10 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Roadsters are the best MINI offers, Lyf. Look around and see how extremely rare our breed is. I feel 20 years younger every time I put the top down and shift through the gears. It sounds great, feels great, and looks great. Enjoy, my friend!

Old 11-03-2013, 03:08 PM
banderlin
2nd Gear
That interior looks awesome Lyf. Only 100 miles?! At that rate, the break-in period will last a good 2 months.

I just broke 1000 miles on Doreen. Two good road trips and many random ventures to find some twisties. She drives and handles like a dream. Staying under 95 mph and 4500 rpm is tougher than I anticipated. On my way back today, I looked down and HOLY CRAP, I'M AT 93 MPH! And I definitely went over 4500 once or twice. Only 200 miles to go.

Got the sales satisfaction survey today and wrote a book. 821 words, to be exact (saved it in Word for future reference). Gave them a "2" overall.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:29 PM
Grumpy_i_m
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Lyfisin
Hi all. It was a long day (not all at the mini dealer) but I was able to pick up my Roadster. Here is a picture I took at the dealership. Mine is the one on the right. I'll post a couple of better ones before the weekend is over. Lyf
Nice Roadster!!! Good color combo. Did you have thermal blanket under the bonnet? Enjoy your new ride, I'll wave when I see you!

Last edited by Grumpy_i_m; 11-03-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:34 PM
grmnxtc
1st Gear
Finally!!!

Well it's been almost three months since I started this thread, and here's the final result.

I actually received the car on Oct 31st, but it's been in hiding from the wife for a couple of days to add some of the extras. I'm still not done, I just couldn't work on removing the front bumper in the storage unit, nor dismantle the interior to change out the seatbelts to the red GP ones.
She's had the stripes added (roof graphic took a week+ to arrive as they were on backorder ),Tint, Mirror caps, Scuttles (and a bunch of other Union Jack interior/exterior bits), new shoes (run flats are gone!).
Still have red seat belts, red brake ducts and LED fogs to fit - as well as reverse camera and some other stuff.

Anyway, here's ZMINION in all her glory (and one happy wife too!)

I can honestly say, IT'S BEEN WORTH THE WAIT!!!

Old 11-04-2013, 02:48 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
What a bold and beautiful Clubman! I hope your equally beautiful wife likes her new MINI's configuration. The British theme shows a lot of flair - fits in well in California. Congratulations on a job well done! Question: is that the High Class Grey paint finish?

Dave

Old 11-04-2013, 02:57 PM
grmnxtc
1st Gear
Yes, that's the High Class Grey - I didn't get to see the real color unitl I picked it up from the dealer - something of a risk, but it's a beautiful color.. seems purple, grey and blue - all at the same time.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your roadster!

Old 11-04-2013, 03:52 PM
b00sted09
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by grmnxtc
Well it's been almost three months since I started this thread, and here's the final result. I actually received the car on Oct 31st, but it's been in hiding from the wife for a couple of days to add some of the extras. I'm still not done, I just couldn't work on removing the front bumper in the storage unit, nor dismantle the interior to change out the seatbelts to the red GP ones. She's had the stripes added (roof graphic took a week+ to arrive as they were on backorder ),Tint, Mirror caps, Scuttles (and a bunch of other Union Jack interior/exterior bits), new shoes (run flats are gone!). Still have red seat belts, red brake ducts and LED fogs to fit - as well as reverse camera and some other stuff. Anyway, here's ZMINION in all her glory (and one happy wife too!) I can honestly say, IT'S BEEN WORTH THE WAIT!!!
Congrats! Great looking clubman! Order update: My MINI was loaded onto the Texas, instead of the Tarago. Not sure what's with the switch but it looks like she's off the south hampton shore with an eta of 11/11 at the Baltimore, MD VDC

Old 11-04-2013, 04:22 PM
DanisMini
Neutral
We took delivery of the wife's new Cooper S Convertible on Saturday afternoon! (Can you tell I'm at least as excited as she is, even though its her car?) Since then we've driven from our house in Evergreen (just west of Denver) to Gunnison, and then on to Phoenix. Beautiful drive, but we had to put the top up for most of the drive. Just too cold in the mountains this time of year, but the wind deflector and heated seats help. The car will most likely spend the winter in Phoenix where there should be some nice top-down weather.

Here's the tally so far:
2 days of ownership
850 miles
2.5 hours on the open-meter
1 chat with the CO state patrol on the side of the road
many many smiles!

Here's a quick pic I took at home before we headed out on Saturday

And one after we got to Phoenix (havent cleaned the bugs off yet)

Old 11-04-2013, 05:37 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
DanisMini,

Your color combinations are smashing! First, the red paint finish with black striping and black ragtop provide a great contrast. Second, your wheels mesh with the black trim perfectly. In fact, your wife's cabrio is one of the finest I've seen at a MINI dealership or featured on NAM. Congratulations!

b00sted09,

Hang in there. Your MINI is on the Atlantic and heading your way. Wait until you start tracking the ship's movements to port, VDC progress, and finally ground transport to your MINI dealership. The wait doesn't get easier, but the reward seems greater once you set eyes upon your MINI. I hate to admit it, but I still sneak into the garage to check out my Roadster. I haven't enjoyed a car so much since I bought my last MG in 1975. Our family's owned BMWs, Jaguars, and a Cadillac, among other vehicles over the years, but my Roadster is #1 for pure enjoyment.

Best of luck everyone!

Dave

Old 11-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Lyfisin
1st Gear
Originally Posted by banderlin
That interior looks awesome Lyf. Only 100 miles?! At that rate, the break-in period will last a good 2 months.

I just broke 1000 miles on Doreen. Two good road trips and many random ventures to find some twisties. She drives and handles like a dream. Staying under 95 mph and 4500 rpm is tougher than I anticipated. On my way back today, I looked down and HOLY CRAP, I'M AT 93 MPH! And I definitely went over 4500 once or twice. Only 200 miles to go.

Got the sales satisfaction survey today and wrote a book. 821 words, to be exact (saved it in Word for future reference). Gave them a "2" overall.
I hear ya. I almost doubled the miles just driving it to work and back. Thank you for the compliments on the interior. I thought it came out really nice.

I'm glad to hear you gave the dealership the score they deserved, assuming they even deserved the "2".

Originally Posted by Grumpy_i_m
Nice Roadster!!! Good color combo. Did you have thermal blanket under the bonnet? Enjoy your new ride, I'll wave when I see you!
Hi Grump_i_m.

Yes, my Roadster has the heat shield. I was very happy to see it after reading the threads. I have the stripes and that seems to increase the odds of getting it. Was there ever a definitive make/model/feature that determined if a specific car would get one?

Anyway, here's ZMINION in all her glory (and one happy wife too!)

I can honestly say, IT'S BEEN WORTH THE WAIT!!!
Awesome car and I love the name too.

Originally Posted by DanisMini
We took delivery of the wife's new Cooper S Convertible on Saturday afternoon!
Wow, you sure have been enjoying that great looking car. At 425 avg miles per day, you will have over 25,000 miles by year end!!

Old 11-04-2013, 06:05 PM
Lyfisin
1st Gear
Well it's been almost three months since I started this thread, and here's the final result.
Hey, I can only see a car in two of your pictures!

Old 11-04-2013, 06:36 PM
b00sted09
3rd Gear
Old 11-04-2013, 06:37 PM
b00sted09
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by b00sted09
b00sted09, Hang in there. Your MINI is on the Atlantic and heading your way. Wait until you start tracking the ship's movements to port, VDC progress, and finally ground transport to your MINI dealership. The wait doesn't get easier, but the reward seems greater once you set eyes upon your MINI. I hate to admit it, but I still sneak into the garage to check out my Roadster. I haven't enjoyed a car so much since I bought my last MG in 1975. Our family's owned BMWs, Jaguars, and a Cadillac, among other vehicles over the years, but my Roadster is #1 for pure enjoyment. Best of luck everyone! Dave
Thanks, TD! I'm glad you're really enjoying your MINI! I have owned 2 BMW's as well and when I test drove the MINI it definitely was a pretty similar driving experience [/QUOTE]

Old 11-07-2013, 06:40 PM
Lyfisin
1st Gear
It's been three days. Somebody must have had a status change.

Where are your rides?!

Lyf

Old 11-07-2013, 08:57 PM
b00sted09
3rd Gear
Mine hasn't moved.. It looks like it's been stuck in port Santander, Spain since 11/5/13 :(

Old 11-08-2013, 10:21 AM
b00sted09
3rd Gear
BTW, I should've gotten my MINI now had I not change my order first week into production.
Basically, I added the JCW exterior package and the dealer was nice enough to just let the first order pass and put in a new one. (however, dealer also made a mistake of not including color matched C-pillars)

Anyway, here she is now being advertised on Cars.com

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

Old 11-08-2013, 01:42 PM
RavenGirl
2nd Gear
Mine is heading towards Port Hueneme, with an ETA of monday.

Old 11-08-2013, 03:23 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by RavenGirl
Mine is heading towards Port Hueneme, with an ETA of monday.
We will certainly be looking forward to pictures! I'm so glad your MINI is finally nearing shore. Days away...

Old 11-09-2013, 01:00 AM
MY4thMINI
6th Gear
Well. I wasnt goona look, but figured I would check on production... Turrns out, the new Countryman is already loaded on the Tamerlane - Set to arrive in Baltimore November 18 ....

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group