1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 04:44 PM
14PacemanS
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KennyR
Spinning out of the turn, it's Grumpy several lengths ahead of MINI 42 in the "race" for the "Longest Time Between Order and Delivery in the Waiting for a 2014" thread...heading into the homestretch, its... (to be continued).

Glad we allowed MINI to be an honorary member of the 2014 group since he's really waiting for a 2013.

Hopefully, I'll have an update from the WW website in the next 24 hours, since I'm tracking the Tosca and it's finally in the U.S. in Chesapeake Bay, and should dock in Baltimore tomorrow.

LMFAO!!! That's too F'n funny

Old 09-02-2013, 06:15 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KennyR
Spinning out of the turn, it's Grumpy several lengths ahead of MINI 42 in the "race" for the "Longest Time Between Order and Delivery in the Waiting for a 2014" thread...heading into the homestretch, its... (to be continued).

Glad we allowed MINI to be an honorary member of the 2014 group since he's really waiting for a 2013.

Hopefully, I'll have an update from the WW website in the next 24 hours, since I'm tracking the Tosca and it's finally in the U.S. in Chesapeake Bay, and should dock in Baltimore tomorrow.
Wait...coming up from the rear....it's Montgoau moving up fast and taking the lead coming out of the backstretch...he may be delayed further by that unusual blizzard predicted to hit the Colorado Rockies the first week in September...

Old 09-02-2013, 06:32 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Of course, our MINIs are shipping towards the latter half (more active) of hurricane season in the Atlantic.

Old 09-02-2013, 06:36 PM
QuietHarper
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tampadave
Of course, our MINIs are shipping towards the latter half (more active) of hurricane season in the Atlantic.
You know, you could have gone all month without mentioning that....

Old 09-02-2013, 06:45 PM
Grumpy_i_m
2nd Gear
Thanks for putting that in my head.

Thanks for putting that in my head.
As if I needed anything more to keep me awake.

I checked, If they take the Great Circle route the ships will be north of the Westerly Trades and out the path of Hurricanes.
This However does not apply to ships transiting the Panama Canal for West Coast delivery

Sleep on that!

Old 09-02-2013, 07:23 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Sorry, guys. We're vacationing along the Florida Gulf Coast for two weeks in mid-October, so these things come to mind. If there is a delay in my September 26th ETA, it's possible my Roadster S will idle at the dealership while I'm at the beach. I'd like to drive it a few days before departure...

Old 09-03-2013, 03:23 AM
QuietHarper
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Grumpy_i_m

You may have to spring for a "Sat Phone" to feed your need while in Peru.

LOL. I'm not quite *that* desperate yet. And this project ends in the middle of September, so I'll have stable communications soon.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:53 AM
MINI_42
4th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
you guys....

you guys are pretty funny!

Old 09-03-2013, 04:12 AM
MINI_42
4th Gear
For Grumpy: if you check here - http://www.bmwarchive.org/vin/bmw-vin-decoder.html i believe it will fill in the gaps. maybe. i got far better satisfaction from there with my questions than i ever could with my MA.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:08 AM
Grumpy_i_m
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MINI_42
For Grumpy: if you check here - http://www.bmwarchive.org/vin/bmw-vin-decoder.html i believe it will fill in the gaps. maybe. i got far better satisfaction from there with my questions than i ever could with my MA.
Thanks!
I will give it a try.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:17 AM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
movement finally.... "Ask Mini" line was updated this morning with my build moving to the body shop and estimated build date still 9/6/13. i may have besfore the snow flies if it can now traverse all ofthe late season hurricane weather forecast by TampaDave and Others

Old 09-03-2013, 09:12 AM
Grumpy_i_m
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SheldonCoopr
movement finally.... "Ask Mini" line was updated this morning with my build moving to the body shop and estimated build date still 9/6/13. i may have besfore the snow flies if it can now traverse all ofthe late season hurricane weather forecast by TampaDave and Others
YES! There is hope!!
I believe we are in the same Pack.
I think we will survive the Hurricane scare!
Great news.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:54 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
Pack 112 guy here. Just got off the phone with ASK MINI - they said my Roadster S begins production this week and should be finished by next Tuesday. MINI will ship once they get word of a terrific Category 5 hurricane brewing in the Atlantic (just to make the journey interesting).

Old 09-03-2013, 11:46 AM
Grumpy_i_m
2nd Gear
Pack 112 guy here. Just got off the phone with ASK MINI - they said my Roadster S begins production this week and should be finished by next Tuesday. MINI will ship once they get word of a terrific Category 5 hurricane brewing in the Atlantic (just to make the journey interesting).
T Dave... You are just trying accelerate my hair loss.

Great news on the production report.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:53 AM
QuietHarper
2nd Gear
Sigh. I just called and they gave me LESS information than they did last week. Said production wasn't confirmed, even though last week they had build weeks specified. Aaaaaagh!

Old 09-03-2013, 12:00 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Grumpy_i_m
T Dave... You are just trying accelerate my hair loss.

Great news on the production report.
Ha! I'm the guy in the comics with the perpetual thundercloud over his head. When my ship sets sail, it's likely to founder, sink, or get lost.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:03 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by QuietHarper
Sigh. I just called and they gave me LESS information than they did last week. Said production wasn't confirmed, even though last week they had build weeks specified. Aaaaaagh!
The ASK MINI guy today couldn't give me the exact day production will start this week, but said it should be done next week. Tuesday was the specific date he predicted. The ASK MINI girl last week also said production would start 'some time' this week, but was unable to provide a date. Who knows....

Old 09-03-2013, 12:06 PM
Montgoau
2nd Gear
My car is back on the boat tracking map and I think it can finally see land. It should hit the VDC tomorrow and hopefully will be on it's way home early next week.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:52 PM
Grumpy_i_m
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Montgoau
My car is back on the boat tracking map and I think it can finally see land. It should hit the VDC tomorrow and hopefully will be on it's way home early next week.
Good news!
I will be curious how long the VDC takes to process the Mini and get it on its way.
You should be able to get a wiff of that New Mini Smell from there.

;-)

Old 09-03-2013, 12:53 PM
MINI_42
4th Gear
Well....

I just got an update from the MA's manager (after much prompting)...

My MINI was apparently loaded onto the Chesapeake Highway (is this the K line?) on August 30th and should be in Brunswick GA on the 12th September and at the dealership by the 21st! I don't bloody believe it! ::D:

Old 09-03-2013, 01:38 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Montgoau and MINI_42:

Congratulations! Your MINIs are making solid progress. Book your reservations now for a celebratory dinner!

Old 09-03-2013, 01:52 PM
Mad River Arms
1st Gear
I got tired of waiting for an update via the Owner's Lounge so I called Ask Mini. My 2014 is scheduled for production with no production date. Not quite the answer I was hoping for, lol...

Old 09-03-2013, 01:53 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Let's say my MINI is fully assembled in England by September 10th. My assigned port is Baltimore and my dealership is less than a 2 hour drive from Baltimore. Anyone care to guess it's arrival date in Sterling, Virginia?

Old 09-03-2013, 02:18 PM
MINI_42
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Bludevilx
Just wondering, thought ours might be on the same boat next week. Though I think your MINI will leave well before mine.
Hey Blu, which ship is yours on? Mine's on KLine's Chesapeake Highway, arriving in MD on the 9th, then Brunswick on the 12th. Or has yours not left yet? Mine was loaded on the 30th.

That OL and ASKMINI certainly don't like to stay on the pulse with these things, do they? It's taken 5 days to get the status changed after the event!

Anyone else know if their car is on the Chesapeake HWY?

Old 09-03-2013, 02:58 PM
Grumpy_i_m
2nd Gear
Let's say my MINI is fully assembled in England by September 10th. My assigned port is Baltimore and my dealership is less than a 2 hour drive from Baltimore. Anyone care to guess it's arrival date in Sterling, Virginia?
T Dave
I am guessing your MINI will arrive in Starling Bolivia mid October after being blown off course by the first Cyclone to be recorded in the Atlantic Ocean. Then will be confiscated by a notorious Bolivian drug lord and pressed into service making cocaine runs to Mexico only to be tracked by the DEA and identified as belonging to the infamous T Dave.
Don't be surprised by the guys in black rolling up the street in Sterling making a no knock search and felony warrant in hand.

I'm just Saying.....

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group