1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 12:05 PM
MINI_42
4th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by tampadave
I'm confused. My boat docks in Baltimore. When and where does it gpes through VDC processing?
NYC VDC? That's a 2 hour drive right?

Old 09-04-2013, 12:26 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm confused. My boat docks in Baltimore. When and where does it gpes through VDC processing?
There is a VDC in Baltimore.

BMW /MINI currently has four VDCs in the United States. The New Jersey VDC processes approximately 65,000 cars per year and supports 8 states. The West Coast VDC in Port Hueneme, California receives cars for the West Coast, Baltimore VDC receives cars destined to the Midwest and the Virginia, Maryland dealers, and the Brunswick, Georgia VDC receives cars destined for the southern United States.

The Baltimore VDC processes an average of 300 cars per day including new and European Delivery BMWs, Minis, and Rolls-Royces, which arrive from Austria, Germany, South Africa, and the United Kingdom.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:51 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KennyR
There is a VDC in Baltimore.

BMW /MINI currently has four VDCs in the United States. The New Jersey VDC processes approximately 65,000 cars per year and supports 8 states. The West Coast VDC in Port Hueneme, California receives cars for the West Coast, Baltimore VDC receives cars destined to the Midwest and the Virginia, Maryland dealers, and the Brunswick, Georgia VDC receives cars destined for the southern United States.

The Baltimore VDC processes an average of 300 cars per day including new and European Delivery BMWs, Minis, and Rolls-Royces, which arrive from Austria, Germany, South Africa, and the United Kingdom.
I hope the VDC doesn't confuse my MINI with a Rolls Royce and send me the wrong car.

Old 09-04-2013, 01:29 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Update!

My Roadster S began production at 7:55 BST (British Summer Time) this morning! I have a VIN! Hopefully, "John Bull" will board ship in England early next week for the voyage to Baltimore.

Old 09-04-2013, 01:30 PM
jonathonbarton
Neutral
Now I feel (oh, so slightly) bad!

I looked at the first page of the thread, and saw a bunch of people ordering in June for late September/October delivery.

Me?
Walked in to MINI of Loveland on Labor Day to cross-shop a lease on a Clubman S against the purchase of a 2009 Clubman S. Found the payments to be within $30/mo of each other and drove the 2014 home within 24 hours.

2014 Clubman S 6-speed, Reef Blue, Premium, Cold Weather, MINI Connected, Xenon headlights, black headlamps and clear turnsignals. 6 miles when I drove it away.

Old 09-04-2013, 02:09 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jonathonbarton
Now I feel (oh, so slightly) bad!

I looked at the first page of the thread, and saw a bunch of people ordering in June for late September/October delivery.

Me?
Walked in to MINI of Loveland on Labor Day to cross-shop a lease on a Clubman S against the purchase of a 2009 Clubman S. Found the payments to be within $30/mo of each other and drove the 2014 home within 24 hours.

2014 Clubman S 6-speed, Reef Blue, Premium, Cold Weather, MINI Connected, Xenon headlights, black headlamps and clear turnsignals. 6 miles when I drove it away.
Congrats on the new purchase. If it has everything you want in color/options/ packages (and little that you didn't want), finding one on the lot is fantastic.

In my case, when I was looking in July, there were only 2 Chili Red Roadster JCWs with auto trans (for the wife) in the US, and they didn't have the options I wanted, and would cost an extra $500 to ship it even if it did. By waiting, I upgraded to a 2014 and got exactly what I wanted, and nothing extra.

6 weeks or so seems like an eternity, but passing the days with support from this thread has helped.

Enjoy the ride, post some pics.

Old 09-04-2013, 02:44 PM
Grumpy_i_m
2nd Gear
Update!

My Roadster S began production at 7:55 BST (British Summer Time) this morning! I have a VIN! Hopefully, "John Bull" will board ship in England early next week for the voyage to Baltimore.

T Dave
Great News! and not a hurricane in the forecast!

Still Waiting here.

Hope springs eternal.... After a couple of Single Malt Toddies I will feel fine!

The video of the Brand New MINI with the crushed top being repaired was enough to Make me Grumpy.

Here is a link regarding BMW MINI Vehicle Distribution Centers VDC

http://miniology.com/2007/10/bmw-to-...ers-in-the-us/

Last edited by Grumpy_i_m; 09-04-2013 at 02:50 PM. Reason: add link
Old 09-04-2013, 03:41 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Well, my MINI is officially off the ship and on U.S. soil in Baltimore! No idea when OL will update the status to "at the VDC", but hopefully it's a quick stop and it will be on a truck to my dealer later this week. Moving from counting the weeks to counting the days!

Interesting to see that the WW Tosca actually made 2 different stops at the Port of Baltimore. I was confused when the tracking site had the ship positioned one day on the west side of the port, and then it moved to the east side. It's now on it way to Galveston and then to Panama Canal and South America.

Old 09-04-2013, 03:51 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
Well, my MINI is officially off the ship and on U.S. soil in Baltimore! No idea when OL will update the status to "at the VDC", but hopefully it's a quick stop and it will be on a truck to my dealer later this week. Moving from counting the weeks to counting the days!

Interesting to see that the WW Tosca actually made 2 different stops at the Port of Baltimore. I was confused when the tracking site had the ship positioned one day on the west side of the port, and then it moved to the east side. It's now on it way to Galveston and then to Panama Canal and South America.
Congratulations!!! Excellent news the rest of us will be looking forward to the pictures you will be posting soon...... It helps the rest of us waiting to see others progressing close to the schedules that are posted.

Old 09-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Grumpy_i_m
2nd Gear

KennyR.....

Cheers!

A quick visit is a good visit at the VDC
I am wishing your MINI a quick trip through the process.

Old 09-04-2013, 05:13 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Grumpy_i_m
T Dave
Great News! and not a hurricane in the forecast!

Still Waiting here.

Hope springs eternal.... After a couple of Single Malt Toddies I will feel fine!
If you have 'The Macallan' available, I'll gladly down a little single malt scotch with you. Who am I kidding - about any single malt works for me!

Old 09-04-2013, 06:51 PM
Mr. T
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I hope the VDC doesn't confuse my MINI with a Rolls Royce and send me the wrong car.
Like that's really going to happen, Dave.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:09 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Mr. T
Like that's really going to happen, Dave.
Ah, just a pathetic attempt at humor....

Old 09-04-2013, 08:51 PM
hobbes75
1st Gear
The waiting is killing me. My CM is at the port waiting to get on a ship.

Old 09-05-2013, 05:58 AM
Montgoau
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by hobbes75
The waiting is killing me. My CM is at the port waiting to get on a ship.
I understand, my CM just landed at the VDC and now it will take another week or so before I get to see it.

Old 09-05-2013, 06:58 AM
KennyR
4th Gear
Dave: I think your MINI Rolls Royce has already been built...not so far fetched after all if you have $50K to spend.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/04/13/auto...wood/index.htm

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...-and-info-news

Old 09-05-2013, 07:13 AM
jwardell
6th Gear
When did you order?
I placed my order Friday July 12, and it immediately got locked into production the next day! I had not finalized or reviewed my options with the MA before it was locked out so my wife has been having a fit about the lack of athracite headliner.
So I keep telling myself that the VDC is holding it longer to swap out the top of the car and surprise me. RIGHT?
In reality since it is the very first batch of 2014s I think customs is taking a bit longer for all of them.

Old 09-05-2013, 09:13 AM
Bludevilx
2nd Gear
Production complete! Now hoping he catches one of these 2 ships heading to Baltimore in the next few days. Either the Integrity on 9/8 or the Tamesis on 9/10. Anyone else already booked on either of those?

Old 09-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Mad River Arms
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Bludevilx
Production complete! Now hoping he catches one of these 2 ships heading to Baltimore in the next few days. Either the Integrity on 9/8 or the Tamesis on 9/10. Anyone else already booked on either of those?
Holy crap what a difference 5 days make. I ordered on 8-15-13 and still don't have a production date. I must have ordered an option they are out of...

Old 09-05-2013, 09:45 AM
Bludevilx
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Mad River Arms
Holy crap what a difference 5 days make. I ordered on 8-15-13 and still don't have a production date. I must have ordered an option they are out of...
Hey Mad River, The MINI plant shutdown for the last two weeks in August. So you ordered right as they were going on vacation. Sadly we just had bad timing. What did you order BTW?

Last edited by Bludevilx; 09-05-2013 at 09:52 AM.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:54 AM
Grumpy_i_m
2nd Gear
Update!

I just received the first change in status since ordering on Aug. 3

My S Coupe is in production with a completion date of Sept. 14th.

Nothing more yet. It ships to Brunswick GA.

T Dave... Do think there is an iceberg problem in the Atlantic? Al Gore says there is continent size pieces breaking off Siberia or the North Sea oil rigs and attacking cargo ships... I am a little fuzzy on the details ... But I have a Carbon Black interior ordered and don't have any carbon credits.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:09 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
Update!

I just received the first change in status since ordering on Aug. 3

My S Coupe is in production with a completion date of Sept. 14th.

Nothing more yet. It ships to Brunswick GA.

T Dave... Do think there is an iceberg problem in the Atlantic? Al Gore says there is continent size pieces breaking off Siberia or the North Sea oil rigs and attacking cargo ships... I am a little fuzzy on the details ... But I have a Carbon Black interior ordered and don't have any carbon credits.
Hey, Grumpy! Congrats on the progress! I started production at precisely 2:55 AM EST in the wee hours of Wednesday morning, so we're running neck and neck in the process. When did you actually start production?

I see you're going to Brunswick, GA, versus Baltimore, MD, for me. My dealership is an hour away from Baltimore.

As for icebergs, I think we're good. It's those Atlantic hurricanes you must avoid. And I listen to nothing Al Gore has to say.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:11 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
Dave: I think your MINI Rolls Royce has already been built...not so far fetched after all if you have $50K to spend.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/04/13/auto...wood/index.htm

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...-and-info-news
When we start getting that pricey, it's time to replicate my wife's car and buy another Jaguar XF.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:17 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Mad River Arms
I ordered on August 17th, two days after you, but my dealer used a previously allocated slot from August 6th for my order. I've been in production for a day and a half in Oxford. Luck of the draw, I guess.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:19 AM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Bludevilx
Congrats on your progress! I hope you get the very first ship to Baltimore.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group