1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Clubman Seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 06:51 AM
Dogwhistle
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Clubman Seats

Just ordered a 2014 Clubman (Justa looks like the proper terminology for the base ) Got the Leather/Cloth seats because they sounded comfy, but dealer didn't have any to look at. Anyone have any experience with those? Little late now I know, but just found this forum!

Old 09-15-2013, 07:59 AM
Angryriican66
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dogwhistle
Just ordered a 2014 Clubman (Justa looks like the proper terminology for the base ) Got the Leather/Cloth seats because they sounded comfy, but dealer didn't have any to look at. Anyone have any experience with those? Little late now I know, but just found this forum!
I have the polar beige leather with cloth seats and love them, after years of driving cars with full leather seats they are much more comfortable, they don't get as hot in the summer when you first get in the car and aren't as cold when you first get in during winter plus they heat up quite nicely. Plus they are never sticky!

Old 09-15-2013, 08:16 AM
Dogwhistle
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Angryriican66
I have the polar beige leather with cloth seats and love them, after years of driving cars with full leather seats they are much more comfortable, they don't get as hot in the summer when you first get in the car and aren't as cold when you first get in during winter plus they heat up quite nicely. Plus they are never sticky!
Perfect, that's exactly what I was hoping for!

Old 09-15-2013, 10:43 AM
Btwyx
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We like them.

After two MINIs with cloth seats, we rented a MINI which had them, the next 4 MINIs have all had them. They're slightly wider than the cloth seats which suites our rather broad rear ends. They have the lumbar adjustment, the cloth sports seats don't and the lumbar support is a bit too aggressive. I tried the full leather seats, but they're a bit slippery, the cloth grips you better (important for track or autocross).

There really is no substitute for sitting in the various seats, you can never tell how one or the other will fit you personally. We had them in blue, and red when we really wanted black. Now they offer them in black, we'd prefer them in a more adventurous colour. I was leaning towards the polar beige this time, but in the end we went with black again.