1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first Mini (on order) in New Jersey

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 02:30 PM
linak
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My first Mini (on order) in New Jersey

I just wanted to introduce myself and say I'm thrilled that my hubby and I finally ordered our first Mini (only wanted one for . . . decades). His only request was that we get the biggest motor, manual trans and a decent sound system. I'm psyched! This is why we get along. The order was accepted at the factory yesterday - now comes the waiting game. I think I added the description properly below. Maybe someone could tell me if I need a little tweaking.

By the way, if you know anyone in the market for a gently used and well maintained Tahoe in New Jersey - let me know. I've got one to sell!

Can't wait to get motoring!

Old 09-17-2013, 02:47 PM
1guru2
3rd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
New JCW

Originally Posted by linak
I just wanted to introduce myself and say I'm thrilled that my hubby and I finally ordered our first Mini (only wanted one for . . . decades). His only request was that we get the biggest motor, manual trans and a decent sound system. I'm psyched! This is why we get along. The order was accepted at the factory yesterday - now comes the waiting game. I think I added the description properly below. Maybe someone could tell me if I need a little tweaking.

By the way, if you know anyone in the market for a gently used and well maintained Tahoe in New Jersey - let me know. I've got one to sell!

Can't wait to get motoring!
Believe me it will be worth the wait. Being in NJ you'll get your's quicker than I got mine as I'm in California and it had to come through the Panama canal.

Your new MINI sounds like mine. I too got the JCW Hardtop. Only options were BRG metallic/black top and mirrors, chrome line interior, and H/K sound system. Ordered 12/08/12 and received 03/08/13. My dealer is only 8 miles from Port Hueneme. The car is a blast. Best clutch operation I've driven. At 74 years young this car took 15 years off my life! Happy motoring!

Old 09-17-2013, 04:09 PM
danjreed
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Welcome! Don't forget to wave!

Old 09-17-2013, 04:11 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Your name "Alfie" is an excellent choice. Made me immediately think of the original movie with Michael Caine. If you want to read some interesting stories of MINI owners going through the production and shipping process, go to the threads for the "2013 Support Group" and "2014 Support Group". I'm in the latter group waiting in Southampton for my '14 Roadster to catch a ship to Baltimore.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:53 PM
Mr. T
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to NAM, linak and congrats on your new MINI. Let the waiting begin.

Old 09-18-2013, 06:42 AM
linak
2nd Gear
I know what you mean about the clutch. When I took it out at the dealer I immediately thought "I'm home" - it engages smoothly, very responsive - just a pleasure. I think we scared the rep when I took it to 85 on a local highway (I had to test it!). Nice.

By the way, BRG was out other thought for the color. I bet it's gorgeous!

Old 09-18-2013, 07:01 AM
linak
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tampadave
Your name "Alfie" is an excellent choice. Made me immediately think of the original movie with Michael Caine. If you want to read some interesting stories of MINI owners going through the production and shipping process, go to the threads for the "2013 Support Group" and "2014 Support Group". I'm in the latter group waiting in Southampton for my '14 Roadster to catch a ship to Baltimore.
Wow - so my rep's estimate of 6 wks might have been on the positive side? I just finished scanning through the later pages in the support group area. No matter - it'll be here eventually (probably just in time for snow). Maybe because I'm in Jersey it'll get to the dealer sooner. Here's hoping "John Bull" crosses the pond swiftly!

Old 09-18-2013, 07:11 AM
Helix13mini
Former Vendor
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Welcome. Oh, and you'll notice that people refer to new MINIs in all caps, and the classics are written 'Mini'.

Old 09-18-2013, 07:22 AM
linak
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Helix13mini
Welcome. Oh, and you'll notice that people refer to new MINIs in all caps, and the classics are written 'Mini'.
Thanks for the welcome and for the composition lesson. I'll get up to speed (pun intended) quickly!