1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member from Vancouver

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013 | 11:37 AM
TravisD
|
Neutral
New Member from Vancouver

Hello. I just became an new owner of a used 2006 mini cooper. The wife needed a new car so I traded my 2011 Chevy silverado in for a car for her. When I was at the dealer wandering around this little red mini caught my eye. I have been wanting a mini for some time now. Was going to purchase a new Fiat 500 Abarth but instead settled for the Mini. It has fairly low km's ( 73,000) and as far as I can see has been taken good care of. Service records are there etc. The only issue I had with the purchase is thats its an auto with paddle shifters on the wheel. I know I shouldnt have gone for it, but I did. Its darn hard to find standard models here for some reason. Anyways its drives surprisingly well. Infact I would have to say its fun. It will take some time to get used to driving something so small. So Im not to sure what model it is. I know its not an "S" but it has a good deal of options but no sun roof. Its red with a white top. Just wanted to say hello. The site looks to be a wealth of info for me when something should go wrong. Thank you in advance.

Old 10-02-2013 | 04:00 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Welcome to the world of MINIacs!. I know you (and your wife) will enjoy your new ride. You're right that this NAM site will provide as lot of information on maintenance, options, and any future problems you may have. Be sure to wave at other MINIs you pass on those Canadian roads...Best wishes!

Old 10-03-2013 | 07:56 AM
TravisD
|
Neutral
Thanks Kenny The wife always wanted a Jeep. Bought her a TJ but she drove the Mini once and decided she hates the Jeep and wants to drive the Mini. For me basic transportation to and from work is what Im in need of. The Mini seems to fit the bill.

Old 10-03-2013 | 02:24 PM
Mr. T
6th Gear
Welcome to NAM, TravisD and congrats on your new MINI. We'l love to see a few pics of the new fellow. We love pics here at NAM.