1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought my first Mini!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 09:10 PM
knightkrawl3r
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bought my first Mini!

Just bought a 2009 Cooper S on 10/16 after selling my 04 Dodge Ram. A lot of people looked at me crazy, as I'm 6'7" pushing 400 pounds lol. But I love every moment I'm behind the wheel!

It's stock... For now! But I have some ideas I haven't seen yet, so looking forward to what is to come.

P.S. I've been told everybody names their Mini, so I've been calling it CHUNK, after the pudgy kid from "The Goonies".

Bought my first Mini!-image-545485368.jpg

Old 10-21-2013, 09:13 PM
<05MINI>
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
congrats on the new MINI and welcome to the NAMily.

Old 10-21-2013, 10:25 PM
CarlosDMotor
4th Gear
Congrats on the MINI! Looks clean. I really like the wheels, and the black plastic trim is unreal. Mine is nowhere near that good looking. My dad would get similar looks, also being 6'7.
For mods, rear sway bar is a great start for handling. Accessport is good for power, but I'm not sure if you have manual or auto. It's more suited to a manual trans, I had some rough shifting issues with mine.

Old 10-21-2013, 10:43 PM
knightkrawl3r
1st Gear
Thank you two for the welcome! I do have the manual trans, wouldn't get it any other way to be honest. I've read a little into the Accessport tuner, but don't know a whole lot about it. And can't recall if I've looked at any rear sway bars

First couple mods I was thinking are; stubby antenna, tinting windows, Cravenspeed adjustable shifter, Alta CAI, and sound system upgrade. Of course that's not even the tip of the iceberg of mods I'm wanting.

Old 10-21-2013, 10:51 PM
CarlosDMotor
4th Gear
You're welcome! I wish I had a manual too, but my dad didn't go for it when he got it. There is a big thread on the accessport. For the antenna, I just took mine off. It still works fine. Tint is good, but I don't want to because I think it would look weird without the windshield and drivers window tinted. Gotta love California. Don't go for an intake, it won't do much at all. If you do, I hear the DoS one is the way to go. Sound system upgrade is a must. I have some big bass, but everything else is stock and I want to change that

Old 10-21-2013, 11:08 PM
AlexQS
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by knightkrawl3r
Just bought a 2009 Cooper S on 10/16 after selling my 04 Dodge Ram. A lot of people looked at me crazy, as I'm 6'7" pushing 400 pounds lol. But I love every moment I'm behind the wheel!

It's stock... For now! But I have some ideas I haven't seen yet, so looking forward to what is to come.

P.S. I've been told everybody names their Mini, so I've been calling it CHUNK, after the pudgy kid from "The Goonies".
Sharp look car! I really like the black and white. Single stripe in the middle works well to my eye. I can't believe I've not seen more with this color combo.

Old 10-22-2013, 04:24 AM
ColaTownMini
2nd Gear
Sweet! Nice looking ride, Welcome!

Old 10-23-2013, 10:30 PM
knightkrawl3r
1st Gear
Originally Posted by AlexQS

Sharp look car! I really like the black and white. Single stripe in the middle works well to my eye. I can't believe I've not seen more with this color combo.
Oh I didn't notice that "stripe".. It's actually just the way the light is hitting car. Car is just solid black (or blue, whichever way light hits it) with white top and mirrors. But that concept would be interesting to see.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:37 PM
knightkrawl3r
1st Gear
Originally Posted by CarlosDMotor
You're welcome! I wish I had a manual too, but my dad didn't go for it when he got it. There is a big thread on the accessport. For the antenna, I just took mine off. It still works fine. Tint is good, but I don't want to because I think it would look weird without the windshield and drivers window tinted. Gotta love California. Don't go for an intake, it won't do much at all. If you do, I hear the DoS one is the way to go. Sound system upgrade is a must. I have some big bass, but everything else is stock and I want to change that
Don't the autos have the shifting option like the tip-tronic systems do? I know my moms 08 Altima coupe had it, and that's only way I felt comfortable driving with the CVT trans... I guess I could never live in Cali bc I love dark windows. My truck came with what seemed like 5%. Had to roll windows down at night to back up. Lol

I took antenna off couple days ago and couldn't resist to see how it would look, so bought a carbon fiber one from dealer for $18 today. Still need to put on. Haven't heard of DoS before, but have their page up looking around.

Still figuring out what some switches and buttons are.. Sucks car didn't come with owners manual, but do have original window sticker.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:38 PM
AlexQS
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by knightkrawl3r

Oh I didn't notice that "stripe".. It's actually just the way the light is hitting car. Car is just solid black (or blue, whichever way light hits it) with white top and mirrors. But that concept would be interesting to see.
Oh, I see now,.. Same glare on the windshield, trip.

If I ever change my stripe, single stripe off center a bit I like, and it's somewhat unique.

Enjoy your car

Old 10-24-2013, 06:21 AM
Helix13mini
Former Vendor
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
From a Dodge Ram? Notice any handling difference?

Old 10-24-2013, 11:58 AM
knightkrawl3r
1st Gear
Yeah pretty big difference in handling, still seeing how much I can push it before it breaks lose. Had a nice little stretch of open highway other day, wanted to test speed and stableness. I went an "undisclosed" mph. Lol

Bought my first Mini!-image-3166472251.jpg

My old truck.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:23 PM
275ti03
Neutral
congrats on the mini... i also just recently became a mini owner... i picked up an 05' Cooper S... i too am coming from a Big Truck to a mini coop... Use to have a Toyo Tundra...
Im sure youre lovin the coop jes as much as i am... LOL...

Old 10-24-2013, 09:22 PM
mona5255
2nd Gear
Handling difference between a truck & a mini? Thats like asking in a horse corners better than an elephant! Thanks enjoyed that

Sent from my iPhone using NAMotoring

Old 10-25-2013, 08:15 AM
Sabre
6th Gear
Greetings knightkrawl3r and welcome to the NAMily and the world of MINI!

Congrats on getting Chunk!

Now that's what I call a real transition... Dodge Ram to MINI! You will not regret that move cause your MINI will now be your ticket to a whole new world of motoring fun!

Thanks for posting pics to share with your brothers and sisters here on NAM cause we love pics... yes we do!

So when you and Chunk are out and about and you happen to pass any of us by, don't forget to share your enthusiasm by giving us a wave!

Speaking of The Wave I invite you to join your fellow MINI/Mini enthusiasts by joining The League of Extraordinary MINIacs!

You can do this at:

On NAM at:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/general-mini-talk/256292-want-to-join-the-league-of-extraordinary-miniacs-14.html

Or on Facebook at:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/LXMINIacs/

C'mon and take the oath... you know you want to!

In the meantime may you and Chunk share many miles and smiles on the road of Life!

Motor On!