1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hi from the "502"!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 06:40 AM
invictus89
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi from the "502"!

been getting on the forum for a while to look at how to threads and decided to join a while back. glad to be on here and just wanna let everyone know that this place has been my go to source for advice, tips, and instructions on just about everything mini.

currently own my first mini and its an 07 cooper s in mellow yellow. bought her about 7 months ago.

current upgrades are:
alta intake
alta hard pipe
alta boost tube
alta bov/recirc valve spring upgrade
new timing chain, guides, and tensioner
front/rear speaker signal swap (sounds sooooo much better)
and many more to come!

Glad to be here!
-brad

Old 12-09-2013, 01:05 PM
fridayxiii
5th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
Welcome to NAM! As you know, this is *the* place for all things MINI.

You have a nice list of modifications there - a good start! Post some pics when you can, and drive 'er in good health!

Old 12-09-2013, 01:55 PM
Pno2nr
4th Gear
I wish I knew what the first owner did to Blue Meanie. By what I see, a nice mini radio attenae and new thermostate with housing just before got her.

What I want: rear sway bars
Winter tires
Smaller pulley (unless that was done...man it's quicker than I expected)
Row of fog lamps on the front. Can I do this mod hooking into the open space on the dashboard for the switch? Then would look really cool.
Watching you all for more mods!

What do I do with the DSC switch? Is it on or off when light is off?? I'm going back and forth with my son, the gear head on this.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:18 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 768 Likes on 626 Posts
Welcome

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more

Old 12-10-2013, 06:19 AM
fridayxiii
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Pno2nr
I wish I knew what the first owner did to Blue Meanie. By what I see, a nice mini radio attenae and new thermostate with housing just before got her.

What I want: rear sway bars
Winter tires
Smaller pulley (unless that was done...man it's quicker than I expected)
Row of fog lamps on the front. Can I do this mod hooking into the open space on the dashboard for the switch? Then would look really cool.
Watching you all for more mods!

What do I do with the DSC switch? Is it on or off when light is off?? I'm going back and forth with my son, the gear head on this.
If you have a 2007 MINI Cooper S hardtop, then you have a turbocharged motor. The smaller pulley you refer to is a mod for the 2002 - 2006 hardtops with a supercharger.

As for the DSC light, here's my layman's interpretation: when the dash light is unlit, the DSC is engaged & active. If during driving you hit a wet or slick spot that causes the car to lose traction, the lamp will light up momentarily (this brief flash means DSC has done its thing). You can also use the toggle to turn the DSC off during regular driving if you wish. When doing this the DSC dash light will stay lit.

I hope I explained this properly and clearly, but I trust another member will correct me if not.

Old 12-10-2013, 07:23 AM
Pno2nr
4th Gear
Blue Meanie is an 05 with supercharger :>)

Old 12-10-2013, 12:05 PM
invictus89
Neutral
fridayxiii, ill post a few pics up as soon as i can. right now shes really dirty because of snow and salt on the roads. makes things a pain to keep clean. but when i can ill post a bunch on here.

also i plasti dipped the wheels(factory for 2 or 3 more days) headlight and tail light rings, front and rear emblems, door handles and side scuttles (i think thats what theyre called). also i made an antenna delete. i dont have gps or satellite radio or anything so i dont need it. and the radio reception wasnt effected at all. but ill post all that in the pics as well as the new wheels when i get them!

Old 12-10-2013, 12:26 PM
Pno2nr
4th Gear
Mine's way dirty too. Looks like crap with melting snow junk and clumps of dirty snow and ice hanging off the car. Windows stay clean for about 5 minutes as the streets are all melting and wet. Tomorrow, really cold again, but Thursday, I can spray her down.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:40 PM
Pno2nr
4th Gear
Invictus. Where are you?? I'm in Nebrasky. First snowfall of the season; 5".

Old 12-10-2013, 12:53 PM
fridayxiii
5th Gear
Blue Meanie is an 05 with supercharger :>)
My bad - I confused your post & car w/the OP

Old 12-10-2013, 03:09 PM
Pno2nr
4th Gear
No worries mate. How hard is the pully to swap out? Then again, I haven't checked to see if the first owner did that yet. What is the diameter dif and is it easy to just check?

Old 12-11-2013, 01:07 AM
invictus89
Neutral
Invictus. Where are you?? I'm in Nebrasky. First snowfall of the season; 5".
Im in louisville kentucky. We just had our first snowfall a few days ago. Just got a couple inches. But its still enough to dirty up the cars pretty bad.

Old 12-11-2013, 05:39 AM
Pno2nr
4th Gear
Nice city! Went there a few years ago for my sons archery tourney. Oh, how I wish I had the Mini back then and just 'follow' the bus filled with junior high kids! LOL

Old 12-11-2013, 07:37 AM
fridayxiii
5th Gear
No worries mate. How hard is the pully to swap out? Then again, I haven't checked to see if the first owner did that yet. What is the diameter dif and is it easy to just check?
I had my a local independent MINI shop swap my pulley out as I have neither the tools nor the know-how to DIY. It seems to take a bit of work as my mechanic had to loosen a few bolts then use a jack to raise the engine & get to the pulley. The job also requires a specific tool to remove the pulley, which you can rent or buy.

The most common pulley reductions are 15% and 17%, tho some run 16%, and a few 19%. Stock JCW had a 13% pulley. As for what size you have now, it can be hard to tell. Here's a post from another member that IMO sums it up well: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...313-post4.html

The First Gen forums are a great place if you need more info any of the above.

Hope this helps!