1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi from new OR coast member!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Zephyr1
3rd Gear
Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts
Hi from new OR coast member!

Hi fellow MINIacs!
I'm a returning NAM member after an 8 year hiatus: I had a 2003 EB/W MCS (Celeste) that I sold in 2005 when I got a Prius: twice the mileage but half the fun . Well, enough of that! Time for some more fun again: last week I picked up a brand new 2013 MCS: lightning blue / black, with black 16" wheels. Her name is Tess (short for Vitesse). Celeste had it all (Sport, Premium, Cold, Leather, HK), but Tess is strictly business: no packages, leatherette, HK stereo, 6sp manual, bi-xenon, black headlights, all black/anthracite JCW interior (off the lot), aftermarket seat heaters. In her future: black viper stripes, motoring lights, lumbar adjustment, and then maybe some tuning...
Anyway, it's good to be back with all y'all!

Attached Thumbnails Hi from new OR coast member!-20131205_155058_resized.jpg  
Old 12-11-2013, 02:11 PM
linak
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome back to having fun! Tess is a beautiful MINI. Enjoy the ride!

Old 12-11-2013, 02:56 PM
Pno2nr
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Zephyr1
Hi fellow MINIacs!
I'm a returning NAM member after an 8 year hiatus: I had a 2003 EB/W MCS (Celeste) that I sold in 2005 when I got a Prius: twice the mileage but half the fun . Well, enough of that! Time for some more fun again: last week I picked up a brand new 2013 MCS: lightning blue / black, with black 16" wheels. Her name is Tess (short for Vitesse). Celeste had it all (Sport, Premium, Cold, Leather, HK), but Tess is strictly business: no packages, leatherette, HK stereo, 6sp manual, bi-xenon, black headlights, all black/anthracite JCW interior (off the lot), aftermarket seat heaters. In her future: black viper stripes, motoring lights, lumbar adjustment, and then maybe some tuning...
Anyway, it's good to be back with all y'all!
Welcome back! I have the 05S Kite Blue with black stripes and sunroofs. My best bud tried to get me to buy a Prius, but hell, I'm 52 and drove the most gutless cars in the world, including an '86 Dodge Colt Station wagon that would not DIE! I actually prayed for this! Semi's would pass me up a hill on the interstate! Ugh!. I don't need no stinking Prius! He only gets the great mileage in town as that's all he does, opposite of a Mini, but when nice on the gas, way outperforms the prius on the highway! Plus, I can kick his ***! lol He had nothing to say, but 2 girls in college out of state...well you know...He's kicked my *** for years. I love to smile!

Old 12-11-2013, 03:37 PM
ColaTownMini
2nd Gear
Welcome back...she does look good!

Old 12-11-2013, 03:53 PM
signcarver
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Welcome back - beautiful MINI!

Old 12-11-2013, 04:57 PM
batdevice_
3rd Gear
Vey nice! Great colour, I like the contrast between the blue and black. Sharp.

Old 12-12-2013, 08:59 AM
Pno2nr
4th Gear
That's one of the coolest blues I've seen. I recognize that park you're in. Which one is it. (I lived in Oregon for many years). Welcome back!

Old 12-12-2013, 09:11 AM
Zephyr1
3rd Gear
Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts
Cape Foulweather

Originally Posted by Pno2nr
That's one of the coolest blues I've seen. I recognize that park you're in. Which one is it. (I lived in Oregon for many years). Welcome back!
That's the aptly named Cape Foulweather between Newport and Lincoln City. The day before snow and ice hit us on the coast. I was pleasantly surprised by how well the R56 handles in (light) snow and ice, even with the all-season RFs. Easily got up our slick hill where the Prius got stuck (had to leave it at bottom). I guess that's the difference between the Prius traction control that cuts engine power on slip, and the MINI that in DTC mode brakes the slipping wheel. Makes all the difference in the world.

Attached Thumbnails Hi from new OR coast member!-20131205_155130_resized.jpg  

Last edited by Zephyr1; 12-12-2013 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Added photo
Old 12-12-2013, 09:18 AM
Pno2nr
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Zephyr1
That's the aptly named Cape Foulweather between Newport and Lincoln City. The day before snow and ice hit us on the coast. I was pleasantly surprised by how well the R56 handles in (light) snow and ice, even with the all-season RFs. Easily got up our slick hill where the Prius got stuck (had to leave it at bottom). I guess that's the difference between the Prius traction control that cuts engine power on slip, and the MINI that in DTC mode brakes the slipping wheel. Makes all the difference in the world.
Been there many times! I went to Oregon State. Just all seasons, eh? They would be less than Blizzaks or funflats I hope. I just bought all new tires for my 4x4, so I hope we don't get any new snow for a while! Out of$$