1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member from IN

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 05:35 AM
Bendz
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Member from IN

I've been lurking around for quite a while, decided to buy a 2009 PW/B MCS JCW, manual, with red interior. It had been a long time since I owned a manual and I love it. Especially with the Mini's responsiveness its a blast to drive. The previous owner did some awesome work with PlastiDip. He PlastiDip'ed most of the chrome and that space directly in front of the doors. I live in Indiana, the previous owner lived in St Louis, and the original owner was from Hollywood, CA.

Since owning the car I replaced the battery and had the cold start issue. Took it to the dealer and it was throwing the 2880 code so they replaced the HPFP. So I was without her for a week and now we are on vacation so its another week without her. Its tough being away from her.

My Mom is big into naming cars so I gave my kids several options for names for her and the chose Orca. Its an oxymoron considering Orca's are HUGE and well the Mini is not. Also in the fact that Orca's are mostly black with some white where the Mini is the opposite.

Been doing a lot of reading on NAM and am impressed with how much information is on here. Trying to make it through some of the really long threads like the things you didn't know about your Mini thread and the what have you done to your mini thread.

No major mods planned at this point, she is already pretty awesome. Maybe some minor stuff like getting a ProClip cell phone holder and thinking about getting some floor mats that will work better with the snow we get here in IN.

Without further ado, here are a couple pictures....

Old 12-26-2013, 06:00 AM
rataczak
3rd Gear
Looks nice! Enjoy!

Old 12-26-2013, 07:44 AM
Ishihara
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
looks like they nailed it on the name... sharp looking car... and definitely get through the "things you didn't know about your Mini" thread - great stuff... oh, and welcome!

Old 12-26-2013, 12:08 PM
Evolve Automotive
Banned
congrats on the car and welcome to the forums! If you need anything please let us know!