1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traded my Harley in on two MINIs

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 06:53 PM
Brchopper
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Traded my Harley in on two MINIs

The idea of owning a MINI had gotten under my skin enough that I sold my Harley and headed to the dealership with some cash in my pocket. My wife also desired a MINI and was probably more deserving than I. So the hope was to get two but I did not really expect to pull it off. Five hours later I owned a beautiful '08 cooper S and saved a '03 copper S from going off to auction. The '08 is my wife's and the '03 is mine. I have not regretted selling my bike yet and feel like for now on I will always have a MINI around. So far I have installed a new expansion tank , thermostat housing , and thermostat. I have bled the coolant system to where I have no more air bubbles but I still do not have heat. I have some more ideas to try. I will let you know when I come up with one that works. Looking forward to hearing about everyone else's cars. Take Care.

Old 12-30-2013, 08:33 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on joining the MINI family! I have both a Harley and a MINI, so I hope you don't miss the wind in your face too much. MINIs are great fun to drive, but it's a different riding experience from a bike. We first got a 2010 S convertible and now a Roadster S, so the top down riding brings more of the same feelings of the open road as on a Harley.

Best wishes with your new rides!

Old 12-31-2013, 08:39 PM
Mr. T
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to NAM, Brchopper and congrats on not only one but two MINIs. We can't wait to see a few pics as we MINIacs just love pics here at NAM. Happy motoring and please don't forget to wave.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:24 PM
Brchopper
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sure this summer I will miss the bike some but the last few years I have not been enjoying it like I use to, so I decided it was time to do something different.My mini reminds me of the fun I had in my first car , 1971 beetle, but a little faster. Last week I took it on some snow covered back roads, what a blast! I still don't have heat yet but have a heater core on order.I will try to get some pictures soon. My wife has seen five other mini's on the road and only one waved back. We were not sure if Mini owners were wavers or not.