1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NMO...Seattle area

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 06:10 PM
C@tle56
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NMO...Seattle area

Greetings,

Traded in my four-door 4x4 Silverado for a R56 MINI for daily driver and I am very impressed with the car!

My wife and I have recently moved up from SoCal (San Diego area) to Seattle area two years ago. I do miss SoCal back roads almost every day. I used to ride my Buell in the back roads several times a week and practically spend the entire weekend pounding those two lane roads. Since we moved up here, I sold my BMW GS and have stopped riding!

I share this personal info only to let you know I enjoy a good handling vehicle and this little coop is a kick to drive! I suspect this car may allow me to get out more often and enjoy the crappy roads offered here.

C@tle56

Old 12-31-2013, 06:48 PM
pdubb
2nd Gear
Welcome! I'm in Issaquah not too far away. unfortunately you are right; the roads really do suck in Seattle. the Eastside has a few pretty nice twisty roads if you ever feel like crossing the bridge and exploring. Enjoy your new MINI! they are definitely a blast!!

Old 12-31-2013, 08:58 PM
Mr. T
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to NAM, C@tle56 and congrats on your new MINI. We'd love to see a few pics. Us MINIacs just love pics here at NAM. Happy motoring to you and please don't forget to promote the MINI wave.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:19 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
Congratulations, when I bought my first clubbie I lived up near Rattlesnake Lake, just out of North Bend. If you get out toward x32 on 90 take a run up. It is a fun road to drive in a mini, and the lake and hike up the trail are also awesome.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:32 AM
Island maser
5th Gear
Welcome to the PNW. I actually just moved my MINI to AZ for the winter. I know what you mean about the roads. MINI is just a blast as a commuter car. Will put a smile on your face everyday. My JCW doubles as my commuter/airport car and my track beast. Mini can carry everything you need for a weekend of tracking. Not many cars can do this with a full set of racing tires. I have actually gotten 6 tires and rims in the MINI before. 4 with Jack, stands tools etc and still room for a passenger. If you get bored on the street take your MINI to the Ridge Motorsports Park in Shelton. You will have a ball. You can run stock tires too but you will just eat them up fairly quickly in the dry if you push hard. You will be surprised how fast the MINI can at the track. Only issue is no one wants to let the MINI by even if they are clearly holding you up. That's what the corners works flags are for, lol. There will be faster cars on the straights but the MINI will hold its own with anything in the corners on street cars.

The only car that has ever walked away from me in a corner at a track was full blown race car. Mustang that won his class in the PNW series driven by the guy who one it. I was really surprised that car could pull away from me so easily carrying all that weight. It was a stripped race car but it is still a big heavy car when compared to the MINI. Hard to beat the fun per dollar with these cars.