1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fellow Mini Drivers!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 09:44 AM
silaspvarela
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fellow Mini Drivers!

Hello,

Bought my Lighting Blue Metallic 2007 Mini Cooper S about a year and a few months ago now, went through some hard times but never stopped loving it. After about 6 months of having it, the fan in the turbo broke apart and sent shards into the engine, I ended up having to get the whole engine and turbo replaced. The nearest Dealership was about 130 mi away, I'm a young Marine (Semper Fi), its my first car, I was a bit rattled by the whole thing and just wanted to get it fixed, so I had it done by a local shop (BIG MISTAKE). For about the next 6 months I was back at that shop almost every other weekend, check engine lights kept coming on and the turbo was never kicking in, didn't have the power it had before. Long story short, I made the trip out to the dealership in Raleigh, the local shop screwed up the install, all the parts were new and on warranty though so the dealership was able to get new parts and install everything the right way free of charge to me. From now on definitely getting all Maintenance done at a Dealership.

I'm in N. Carolina now, but I'm changing Stations soon, and ill be driving my Cooper S across the country to California to leave it home while I go overseas. Any advice on what to get done to prep my car for the trip?

Happy as ever to own a Mini, Glad to be a part of this large community, and I look forward to hearing back from anyone.

--USMC Motivator

Old 01-11-2014, 06:35 PM
Llanrhaeadr_Cymru
4th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Welcome to NAM!
Originally Posted by silaspvarela
Hello,
Any advice on what to get done to prep my car for the trip?
Make sure your oil and filter have 3000 miles left in them, check your tires, and find some nearby hills to climb in a spirited manner as a trial run for the Rockies.

Thanks for serving and stay safe!

Old 01-11-2014, 06:39 PM
son-of-mini
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Enjoy the trip. Sounds exciting.