1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello from Louisiana!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 01:28 AM
Knighted
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello from Louisiana!!

First off, this site has been extremely helpful already!! I've only been 3 weeks with my MINI. Tons of great info on here! Thank y'all!!

I've always liked these beasts and yet had no idea what I was getting into. I found my 07 MCS in Alabama. Stars aligned and I was able to buy it! The man I bought it from was extremely nice and even went out if his way to help me out with the purchase (I'm beginning to think that attitude goes with the MINI community). He showed me this site and all kinds of things about the car and included a crazy detailed list of all the things he's done to the car since he bought it. Almost down to how many times the doors have been opened lol!! Anyway, I absolutely love the car and I am hooked. Now I've just gotta decide the longest route to work and school lol!!

Attached Thumbnails Hello from Louisiana!!-image-2682249970.jpg  
Old 02-03-2014, 02:53 AM
madman67
Neutral
Originally Posted by Knighted
First off, this site has been extremely helpful already!! I've only been 3 weeks with my MINI. Tons of great info on here! Thank y'all!!

I've always liked these beasts and yet had no idea what I was getting into. I found my 07 MCS in Alabama. Stars aligned and I was able to buy it! The man I bought it from was extremely nice and even went out if his way to help me out with the purchase (I'm beginning to think that attitude goes with the MINI community). He showded me this site and all kinds of things about the car and included a crazy detailed list of all the things he's done to the car since he bought it. Almost down to how many times the doors have been opened lol!! Anyway, I absolutely love the car and I am hooked. Now I've just gotta decide the longest route to work and school lol!!
Where in La. are you from? My wife was born in New Iberia, the middle daughter still lives there. Welcome back to NAM!

Old 02-03-2014, 06:33 AM
Ian Landesman
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm in Mandeville but am in NOLA and Slidell on an almost daily basis. Joined the local car club yet?

Old 02-03-2014, 09:41 AM
Knighted
Neutral
Shoot... I'm from north La. West Monroe area. But I do come down y'all's way a lot! I've got some family there.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:43 AM
Ian Landesman
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Give me a shoutout when you come down. Check out gulf south motoring on Facebook for local meet info.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Knighted
Neutral
Will do! I appreciate it!

Old 02-03-2014, 05:11 PM
madman67
Neutral
Originally Posted by Ian Landesman
I'm in Mandeville but am in NOLA and Slidell on an almost daily basis. Joined the local car club yet?
Havn't joined a club yet, the Coop's actually my wife's car, I'm the weekend chauffeur and mechanic now that the warranty is out on it. (One of the reasons I've joined the forum, as I know nothing about Mini's mechanically!)

Old 02-03-2014, 05:36 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 768 Likes on 626 Posts
Welcome

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more