1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have a Mini but I am not addicted ... yet!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 09:08 PM
R4Racin
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a Mini but I am not addicted ... yet!

Hello everyone,
I just bought my second British car (by accident, just like the first one) and now I am the proud owner of a 2003 Mini S.
I have a Mini but I am not addicted ... yet!-mini-day-1.jpg
As I dropped the former owner off at his house after we left DMV, he told me I got screwed! Then he showed me the obviously fresh screw in the RF tire!
Hence the picture in front of Schwab. Schwab was great and fixed it for free.
Two quick questions, O.K. .... three questions:
1. My key fobs will not operate the locks properly. I read the owner's manual and tried reprogramming them and the batteries are new. The locks seem to make noise, but nuthin. The only thing the remotes actually do is open the moonroof and unroll the windows. Suggestions?
2. I HAVE to get cruise control. Can you tell me how to reliably retrofit it please?
3. Where is the best place to start to increase power? The Super does lag off the line, so I would like to improve the low end, 1st gear, off the line power. Suggestions?

Thank you and I look forward to coming up to SPEED with my new baby!

Old 02-12-2014, 09:22 PM
cambo
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by R4Racin
Hello everyone,
I just bought my second British car (by accident, just like the first one)

3. Where is the best place to start to increase power? The Super does lag off the line, so I would like to improve the low end, 1st gear, off the line power. Suggestions?

Thank you and I look forward to coming up to SPEED with my new baby!
Congrats on the buy! I think? haha, my mini purchase was also by accident.

To contribute to question #3: Waymotorworks sells a performance diverter valve, or performance blow off valve, whatever it's called, that's only about $70 shipped. That got rid of my first and second gear lag. There's a couple reviews of the product on his website too that you can scope out.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:33 PM
c0op3r
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cant help with the Key thing, sounds like the Body Computer (or whatever they call it) needs to be reprogrammed, I would take it to the dealer for that, the key is talking to the car as you can roll down the windows.

As to more power the #1 (cheapest and best bang for buck) is a SuperCharger Pulley upgrade, if you want more low end boost and are not going to track the car go with a 17% other wise go with 15%.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:36 PM
cambo
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damnit, I really need to pay attention to what thread I'm in. Sorry, I'm not sure if the WMW diverter valve is available for the r53. I was assuming an r56