1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hello and thanks

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 03:58 PM
rnr1234
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello and thanks

Just wanted to say hello to everyone, and also to say thanks for the great advice on mini coopers. I had a couple issues with our 2002 mini, first was the oil light coming on at an idle after a service, second was the front windshield wiper just quite. Had to change out the whole canister unit as I could not purchase just the spring and plastic basket, but did get the new style unit that does not have the spring and plastic basket. No more oil light at low rpm. After reading several post's I thought I was going to have to change out the wiper motor, even bought one from Litha Mini of Portland, decided to read directions on the change out again on the site, this time I read through the entire thread and came across a post near the end that will save me a ton of money. It was a ground issue on the motor, not a bad motor, I did as the post recommended, using a ground wire and the wipers came on. So I then attached wire ends and connected the new ground and the wipers work great. I really could not understand how the motor could go bad without the fuse going out, but had read many posts about other mini owners having the same problem and having to replace the motor, if this happens to you, try the ground wire before purchasing the new motor. I have already talked to Litha and they are going to take back the motor and linkage as I have not even taken it out of the box, which is nice as it was 310.00 bucks. May have to pay a re-stock fee, but that is better then sitting on a part I do not need, again thanks for all the help, this is a great site. rnr1234

Old 04-04-2014, 01:23 PM
ultrakill
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome, and good to hear that you didn't have to replace the wiper.

Old 04-04-2014, 08:17 PM
Mr. T
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hello to you, rnr1234 and welcome to NAM. I'm glad to hear that the collective knowledge here on the forum helped you in a time of need. Happy motoring and please don't forget to promote the MINI wave.