1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New To Mini! - Question!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 07:38 PM
MiniCon3
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New To Mini! - Question!

Hey guys!

After months of research and looking up information on them, I decided to pull the trigger and get a F56! My past is strictly Honda and Acura so I'm excited to get my hands on the car I ordered online. This is my first time ordering a car online and had a question about the process. I test drove a 2014 Cooper S and loved it so I decided to go ahead and order one online. I configured it and placed the $1k deposit to proceed for it to go into production. My question is this, did I screw myself over on any possible negotiation on price since I committed to the deposit? Or can I still haggle to price a bit when I pick up the car and talk to financial service about payments?

Also, I test drove the F56 at dealer in March but decided to place the order on one at another dealer near where I live. Is it possible for the other dealership to ship the car to them if they offer me a better price or is there no way to transfer a car if I already made a deposit with the other dealership.

Sorry for the long question, I'm new to forums in general and trust you guys on here after browsing a ton of threads. Thanks!

Old 04-03-2014, 07:54 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well since the F56 is the start of the new MINI line you will very likely not get much wiggle room no matter what dealer you go too. But if you already put money down and ordered one at a dealer you chose then I would say your most likely locked in there. But ive always done my haggling before I ordered anything. along with financing. And ive been treated very well. I also got a deal on some accessories from the dealer. $500 worth. But maybe someone else can chime in on here for you! Good luck and enjoy your new MINI when you get it! Don't forget to track it through its building process

Old 04-03-2014, 08:04 PM
MiniCon3
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply ZIPPY. I figured I may have jumped the gun before thinking about it but I was anxious to get it into production. Also with the tracking, I know I can follow it through MiniUSA Owners Lounge and was given the production number but where do I find the estimated date of pickup, it wasn't on the invoice or anything. Would I just call my MA for that?

Old 04-03-2014, 08:16 PM
ZIPPY "S"
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No worries.. One does get quite excited when ordering your new MINI so jumping the gun is normal! But if its not on your invoice I would just call your MA they should be able to give you a good idea of when you will actually be able to pick it up! But watch close in the MINI lounge once you start to see progress things move along fairly fast. The biggest hold up sometimes is waiting for a ship. But mine seemed to have gone through the whole process fairly well. I ordered mine in late May and picked it up the first week in July. So it was like 6 weeks! I think you will enjoy the new F56. Its the start to a whole new MINI!