1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New (and happy!) Mini owner in California

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 04:41 PM
Bananer
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New (and happy!) Mini owner in California

Hi everyone!

I just bought my new 2013 Chili red & white MCS not long ago. I've wanted a Mini for years, and I have to admit that this is the first car I've ever owned that I absolutely love. If my Mini could fit comfortably into my arms (and I wasn't afraid of getting smudges all over it), I would probably hug it on a daily basis.

I have two small children and previously drove a Honda Odyssey, but found that I was mostly driving it by myself, which seemed to defeat the purpose of having a people hauler. And my kids love the Mini too! In fact, my 3 year old has taken to yelling, "THAT'S not our car, we have a MINI COOPER!!" as we walk past other cars in parking lots.

Thanks for reading! I'm looking forward to learning from all of you.

Stefanie

Old 04-24-2014, 06:12 PM
Mr. T
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to NAM, Stefanie and thanks for the great MINI story. Congrats on your new Chili Red & White MCS. It's funny how MINI owners just love their MINIs. I love mine and glad you love your too. Post a few pics when you get a chance. We'd love to see it in all its glory. Happy motoring and please don't forget to promote the MINI wave.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:46 AM
Bananer
Neutral
Thank you so much for the welcome! Will post pics as soon as I can!

Old 04-25-2014, 10:14 AM
jenn42ifer
Neutral
Adorable! My daughter loves ours, as well, but we also just turned her forward facing, so that might be part of the excitement. I can't imagine how cute your daughter must sound yelling that in the parking lot!

Old 04-25-2014, 08:27 PM
Bananer
Neutral
Originally Posted by jenn42ifer
Adorable! My daughter loves ours, as well, but we also just turned her forward facing, so that might be part of the excitement. I can't imagine how cute your daughter must sound yelling that in the parking lot!
Thank you! How cute! I bet your daughter is adorable as she checks everything out around her now that she's forward facing. I completely remember my kids when we turned their car seats around - so fun!

Old 04-26-2014, 12:00 AM
anandastar
1st Gear
Kids are awesome! They seem to gravitate to Minis similarly to how they instinctively start running towards our mini poodles. I guess the design of Minis and Mini poodles are classics. Kids are too honest too overthink, they just go with their gut.

Old 04-27-2014, 07:36 PM
Bananer
Neutral
Originally Posted by anandastar
Kids are awesome! They seem to gravitate to Minis similarly to how they instinctively start running towards our mini poodles. I guess the design of Minis and Mini poodles are classics. Kids are too honest too overthink, they just go with their gut.
I completely agree! Just additional evidence that Minis are the best.