1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New from Hudson Valley

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 05:26 PM
joecatch
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New from Hudson Valley

Hello. I just joined this forum because my wife has a 2009 Mini hardtop and wants to trade or sell for a 2014 Mini. We have lots of questions and are hoping we can get some good info here.

Basicly she wants to order a new Mini and make it look like the black/red one at this web site:

http://www.mini-graphics.co.uk/welco...s-on-line-shop

I don't know where to begin to transform a car to look like the one on this web site.

So if you guys could direct me to what sections in this forum I can ask about buying a Mini in downstate NY and how to customize it, please let me know. Thanks.

JC

Old 05-08-2014, 07:18 AM
ultrakill
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome. That Black and Red Mini on the linked site is really awesome looking, however it's not a 2014, it's actually a 2nd Gen 2007-2013. And it looks like it wouldn't be all that difficult to transform your existing mini into one that looks like the black and red one.

You would probably start with black paint which would cover the whole body, then add the red stripe as either decal or painted on while doing the black pain.

Add black wheels, or paint your existing ones black (preferably flat black), there is a million forums online on how to do this.

Paint calipers red

Find projection headlights that are black

Paint the rear-view mirror red

The last thing would be to paint those 2 ends of the lower grill red. I'm not sure what those pieces are called but maybe someone else knows.

If you want a new 2014 mini cooper that's fine, but it will look just a bit different because of the body (notice the difference on the grill).

Minus the black paint job, the job is actually pretty easy if you get a red decal for the hood/roof and do the rest of the painting yourself. You could knock the rest of it out in a weekend easily.