1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 05:11 PM
Dr DJ
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello!!

Let me introduce myself, my name is Don, I live outside of Savannah, GA which is a great area to ride MCs until I had to hang that up a few years ago, and then I discovered the world of MINIs and have been having a ball ever since. Years ago I raced go-carts, and believe me this was years ago, but I have never forgot the excitement of driving 2" off the ground at 60mph (I told you it was a long time ago) and the feel of a low center of gravity that made it practically impossible to turn over - well the first time I drove what was to become my first mini - a 2010 Cooper S Convertible - I knew I had discovered that same feeling. That was two+ years ago and everything was going just fine until I went to the kickoff for the new dual turbo hardtop. that was it, within as week I had made arrangements to trade in my 2010 which I dearly loved and took possession of one of the new "launch" models of the 2014 Hardtop Cooper S. i have had the beast for a month+ and hate to put it away each night. I am still trying to figure out all the bells and whistles, I have never seen so many gadgets, each day i am amazed as to what this beauty can do. Here is the reason I found the website, and i am glad that I did. I ordered a custom dash cover this weekend from "anycovers.com" - no particular reason as there are a large number of websites a few that I have used in the past and cannot remember their names, so I ended up with any covers, paid the bill and received a order number and forgot all about it until this afternoon when two hours after sending me a confirmation order, I received an email from the company advising me they were refunding my money and cancelling the order. No explanation other then a short sentence saying they would not be able to cover the order. I assume it was due to the recent release date of this vehicle - although I am sure information as to specifications of the dash were available and could have been obtained some months ago in anticipation of this model's release date and certain popularity. Well that is enough about me for now, but if anyone has any better luck please let me know.
Regards,
Don