1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the forum from Los Angeles

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 12:01 PM
Kriky
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to the forum from Los Angeles

Just placed an order on a 2015 Countryman S.
There is only two things which are small that I'm not fully excited about though I'm happy with the purchase.
The speaker system. I'm a sound engineer and I find the H/K audio upgrade to have uncontrollable lows. I have a dodge magnum and the speak system is awesome in it. I found the stock speakers to have a better all around sound then the H/K with the highs down through to the lows being evenly matched. The speaker system will be an upgrade I will be making in the future. I did get the Mini Connect with Nav package so I haven't researched stuff yet but I'm sure I will find some good options when I do research for speakers.
Also, another bummer is the orange spice body color! I have to say I think for me that orange spice is my favorite color and I'm bummed it is not an option for the Countryman. Below is what I have built and the order was sent in the other day. I should see it in 6-8weeks I was told. I hope they are on track. That will give me some time to sell my dodge magnum 05 during the waiting time.

My build:

Kriky

Old 07-11-2014, 12:03 PM
cdsamm
1st Gear
Very nice

Old 07-11-2014, 12:04 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,100 Likes on 1,873 Posts
Welcome / Congrats and post up some pics. Would like to see more actual pics of the Countryman refresh LC update when you get it.

Looks like a good combo.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 07-11-2014, 12:15 PM
St_G
4th Gear
Videographer who began in audio here.

The HK can get a bit boomy, with certain material. I think they're pushing the low-mids to give the impression of Big Bass at low volumes, but it can cause problems. I've had decent luck just dialing down the Bass (located about four menus deep in the Connected interface). Even still, there are a couple of albums I just know not to bother with in the car. In defense of MINI and HK, I will say that those albums are not especially well produced to begin with.

There are some significant quirks tot he way MINI's audio systems are set up, so aftermarket changes are more complicated than they really should be, but there are some well regarded options out there, if you're willing to pay top dollar.

Old 07-11-2014, 01:01 PM
Kriky
1st Gear
Thanks St_G. Looks like you had a pretty quick delivery. Looking forward to the delivery day.

Old 07-11-2014, 01:14 PM
St_G
4th Gear
Yeah, IIRC it was like five weeks to the day or something.

BTW, if no one else has done so yet, go check out Integrated Audio's MINI offerings. They know they're way around the weirdness better than anyone.

Originally Posted by Kriky
Thanks St_G. Looks like you had a pretty quick delivery. Looking forward to the delivery day.