1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sad Mini Day

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 09:11 PM
CCutshaw
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sad Mini Day

Hello everyone. Today was a bad day for me and my '14 Justa. I have had it all of 3 months and today a bunch of kids decided to steal a cargo van and run a few red lights and then hit the car behind me, which in turn hit me while we were sitting at a light. It was a 5 car accident and everybody walked away pretty much unhurt. Thank God for that because it could have been really bad. When a cargo van back ends you at about 40-50 mph it could be deadly.

My Justa got the back end smashed up pretty bad, but honestly the Odyssey mini van behind me took most of the impact. Then the Jack Wagon guys in the cargo van tried to run. Luckily a guy in on a crotch rocket, which saw the van and got out of the way, took it upon himself to chase them down. I guess it is true, you can't out run a Honda Crotch Rocket.

The guy on the bike ID'ed the guys for the cops and stayed to help out. I must say that guy deserves some serious kudos for doing that!!! I felt bad for me but my Mini kept me safe and no real damage to me. But to see my newly waxed Justa crinkled and not drivable was very disheartening. I love that little car. I am so scared it won't be the same. I have had cars fixed before and there have been many issues. But this is my new baby and I am very upset about it.

Recently I had to get an interior piece for my Mini due to someone stupidly putting a wrench in their back pocket at the service department of a Mini dealership. There were no parts available for it in the US or Germany and was looking at 45-60 days until it was delivered. I am scared of how long I will have to wait for the rear end of my Mini to get fixed.

Again it was a miracle that no one was seriously injured, maybe some whiplash but that is it. I also subscribe to the philosophy that it is just plastic and metal and can be fixed. I feel lucky for that and I must point out that a mini can take a hit and keep you safe. Don't let anyone tell you that a tiny car isn't safe. Thank you Mini for making this a great, safe, and fun car to drive!!!!

Old 08-04-2014, 09:27 PM
Karl Childers Lovechild
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ahh, the joys of living in a big city. Glad you're OK. I'm sure any competent body shop will have it as good as new.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:00 PM
sal1k
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So glad you're okay. Hope the baddies get caught, and your car is repaired / replaced soon.