1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member From NC, Soon To Be FL!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 12:05 AM
Mtrhd0024
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Member From NC, Soon To Be FL!

Hi Everyone!

Last week I sold my prior pride and joy, an 04' Honda S2000. It was a beauty: Sebring Silver Exterior, Red/Black Two-Tone Leather Interior, OEM Hardtop, etc. It was a spectacular car, and while I miss it greatly, I needed something a bit more practical with a bit more space!

For two days, I wandered aimlessly, sportscar-less and wondering where to go next. Shamelessly I visited car dealerships all throughout my city, having multiple one-hour stands with any car that would let me in its drivers seat. In just 24 hours I managed to grind gears with a Honda Element, (The one you drive and don't tell your mates about) Acura RDX, (Innocent looking on the outside, but there's more to her than meets the eye!) VW Golf TDI (She was a sweetheart but too frugal for me!) and even a 2014 Mercedes E350 Coupe (The High Rolling Gold Digger) for poops n' giggles.

After trying internet speed dating for 48 hours, (Craigslist) I first set eye's on my new bride, (an 06' Cooper S) and arranged a first date! Immediately after our date together, I (shamelessly) went and fooled around with her sister, an 07 Cooper S, but her younger supercharged sibling had far more character. Not to mention her 18" wheels were bigger and her JCW suspension much tighter!

As a result I'm now married to an 06' Cooper S' and I've joined the ranks of all you crazy mini enthusiasts!

I currently reside in NC, however I'm taking the new bride, and moving to Florida next week to return to school! (Reason for the divorce with my Honda in the first place!)

In all seriousness though, I love the car so far! Its a different beast from my last car, but I'm definitely pleased that I can have this much fun in something that seats four (ha, two?) people!!

A little about me: 23 yo Male, Pilot, A&P Aircraft Mechanic, Worked for Honda Aircraft Company in Greensboro NC for 2 1/2 years until I decided to return to school!

Besides my cars, other hobbies include motorcycles, (Sportbikes, Supermotard, Dirt) building small UAV's, and just generally goofing off!

Here's a few pics of the old and new rides!

Pretty pretty brakes!

Annnddddd the new lady!: (Hood wasn't all the way closed in this pic!)

(I know this is extremely pic biased towards the S2k, but its literally been raining non stop since I bought my Mini and I haven't had a chance to get any nice pics with it yet!)

Anyway, thats about it from me, hopefully I'll have a chance to meet some of you fellow mini enthusiasts either here in NC or down in Florida!

Attached Thumbnails New Member From NC, Soon To Be FL!-_dsc6459.jpg   New Member From NC, Soon To Be FL!-img_20131019_150320-1-.jpg   New Member From NC, Soon To Be FL!-20140528_015406.jpg   New Member From NC, Soon To Be FL!-_dsc6393.jpg   New Member From NC, Soon To Be FL!-20140807_165616.jpg  

Old 08-12-2014, 11:50 AM
6000pounds
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where in Florida are you moving to?

Old 08-12-2014, 01:44 PM
Capt_bj
OVERDRIVE
Received 282 Likes on 238 Posts