1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New here

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 10:19 AM
FluxMaven
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New here

Hello,

I recently purchased an 05 MCS with 122k miles. It was not exactly what I was shopping for... I was looking for something low mileage that got great gas milage... My ideal car was a lightly used Mazda 2 but I couldn't find one with a manual transmission. My aunt called and told me she saw the mini and that it had a Manual transmission.

Now I own a pepper white Mini. It has the HK stereo upgrade, the lightweight wheels, panoramic sunroof, and was a one owner car that seems to be very well maintained. It takes premium and when I can't keep my foot out of it (which is always) it doesn't exactly do great on gas. But I love it

The brake light stays on, however it has new pads all the way around, so I assume that it just needs one of the brake sensors replaced. Other than that it everything seems to work as it should.

I always loved minis, especially after watching the Italian Job. So it's fun to actually have a car with a little more character than the typical econobox.

I do a lot of my own work, so I will hopefully avoid paying BMW maintenance costs and I hope to have at least a few trouble free years with the car. I need it to drive me all the way from Manhattan KS to Ft Benning GA at least once when I move down to be with my wife.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:23 AM
Captain_Croker
1st Gear
New here as well

Welcome, however I am new here as well. It's kind of serendipity that this was the first thread I clicked on, as I live in Columbus, GA and just bought a fixer-upper 2003 MCS in Dark Silver. If you haven't already been informed, the MINI club local to Fort Benning is Fountain City MINIs. There are monthly meets and some special events. I have just gotten into contact with them myself, but they all seem to be very welcoming. At any rate, enjoy your MINI and motor on!

Old 08-19-2014, 10:42 AM
FluxMaven
1st Gear
Welcome to you as well, this seems to be a very useful forum.

Thank you for the info on Fountain City Minis, Once I move down it will be nice to get involved in the Mini scene down there. I doubt there is much of one here lol. I was pretty cool in small town KS back when I had a 4x4 truck though.

My wife just PCS'd to Benning and I unfortunately will be stuck here until December, but I am transferring to CSU so I may bump into you riding around Columbus.

Good luck with your fixer-upper :D

Old 08-19-2014, 11:01 AM
Piano Man
3rd Gear
Speaking of clubs, is there one in the Columbia South Carolina area anywhere? We just moved here and would love to join up. Welcome to you new guys. I'm coming up on my 1st anniversary with my '05 MCS. Love it!

Old 08-19-2014, 11:02 AM
hsautocrosser
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Welcome. KCMINICLUB.com appears to be active, including forums.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:03 AM
hsautocrosser
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Look to the left of the page for the club directory with 213 entries.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:14 AM
JABowders
6th Gear
Received 180 Likes on 168 Posts
Welcome to the MINIacs.

I spent my first and last years at Fort Benning. Lots of great day trips from there, I really enjoyed Americus, Vidalia, Pine Mountain, Talladega AL, and Lake Martin, AL just to name a few.

A great drive is 116 through Pine Mountain Valley to FDR State Park to 190 to 85 north to Warm Springs.

Happy Motoring!

Old 08-19-2014, 12:10 PM
Captain_Croker
1st Gear
Also, if anyone in the area is interested, evidently the GSCC is having a Monte Carlo Style rally on the 24th here in GA. Fountain City MINIs will be in attendance according to their calendar.

http://fountaincityminis.weebly.com