1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Owner of an 09 Clubman

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 06:04 AM
captdut
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Owner of an 09 Clubman

Last weekend I was driving my "new to me" Mini Clubman. I had the cruise set around 80mph (the flow of traffic, I promise). after about 30-45 minutes I got the yellow Transmission temp warning light. I've owned the vehicle for less than a week. I really don't want to see warning lights. I pulled over and reset the warning light and it has NOT come back on. But I also pulled back to around 75mph for the remainder of my trip.
It also has a pretty good acceleration lag that I've read about in other forums. It doesn't matter if I'm accelerating from a stop or while already in motion. I don't know if it is related to the transmission warning light or not.
Any thoughts?

Old 08-20-2014, 09:36 AM
scottlayne
1st Gear
I have an 08 Clubman S that I purchased a few weeks ago, sold "as is." I've already had the thermostat and the head gasket replaced. I'm still loving my Mini, though. But, like you, I'm hoping there are no more surprises. Good luck.

Originally Posted by captdut
Last weekend I was driving my "new to me" Mini Clubman. I had the cruise set around 80mph (the flow of traffic, I promise). after about 30-45 minutes I got the yellow Transmission temp warning light. I've owned the vehicle for less than a week. I really don't want to see warning lights. I pulled over and reset the warning light and it has NOT come back on. But I also pulled back to around 75mph for the remainder of my trip.
It also has a pretty good acceleration lag that I've read about in other forums. It doesn't matter if I'm accelerating from a stop or while already in motion. I don't know if it is related to the transmission warning light or not.
Any thoughts?

Old 08-20-2014, 12:11 PM
captdut
Neutral
yikes! That's the last thing you want to do is buy a car and send it straight to the shop. Especially one this isn't cheap to work on. I hope your problems are solved! Mine isn't an S. I'm wishing it was, but this car is going to be my daughter's in a few years.
I'm just keeping an eye on it and looking for any more symptoms. I hope it was a one time hiccup.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:28 PM
scottlayne
1st Gear
Captdut

I hope it solved my problems, too. Its a little disconcerting having to spend more money after you've just purchased. I was hoping to put some funds into stripes or a hood graphic. But that will have to wait a bit. Good luck to you and your daughter.