1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi, from Arkansas

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 07:55 AM
pirranah
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, from Arkansas

Wife's car was totaled out and after a long battle with the insurance company we... I mean she is the new owner of this little guy. She's wanted one in blue for as long as I can remember. So I lucked out and found this '04 model locally.

Weather has been nasty so I haven't been able to crawl around and thoroughly check it out yet (don't let the picture fool you), but noticed an Alta 17% pulley. Wheels are 17" Enkei J10 (I believe) with Nitto Neo Gen rubber. Everything else seems factory. I've been researching on here for what to watch out for, but any heads up is much appreciated.

This is a fun little car that puts a smile on our faces with it's whine. I'm trying to talk her into the Dragon meet at the end of the month, but all depends on our schedule.

Old 04-07-2015, 08:05 AM
Helix13mini
Former Vendor
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Hello and welcome! Nice pic. It's hard to tell but it looks like your headlight is a little cloudy. There a kit that'll fix that in less than 5 minutes!

Old 04-07-2015, 08:18 AM
pirranah
2nd Gear
Yes they are. It's on the list of "to do's"

Replace headliner/sunroof seal, seat fabric, emblems, and track down a new key

Give it a good washing and see if I can clear up some of the scratches.

Last edited by pirranah; 04-07-2015 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:34 AM
M7Speed
Former Vendor
great color. Welcome

Old 04-07-2015, 01:19 PM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Received 368 Likes on 311 Posts
A key HAS to be ordered thru a dealership. Don't waste your time and money with one from ebay or elsewhere. Nobody can code the key except by factory process. They will need the VIN and proof of ownership which can be faxed or emailed but has to be picked up in person.
For the AR back roads you definitely want KONI FSD struts and at least a 19 MM adjustable rear sway bar. You won't believe the difference in handling those will make. They are by far the best mod bang for the buck.
Don't overlook MITO (ozarkmini.com) held at Eureka Springs in October. Well run and well attended from all over the country. We'll be there as usual.

Old 04-08-2015, 07:25 AM
pirranah
2nd Gear
I saw the MITO and would like to attend. The Arkansas club seems to get together frequently so I'll keep an eye on their website's calendar.

I noticed the car has that mushroom problem so I'll need to get a hold of it before these potholes do. I'm looking at a tower bar that includes the beefier braces so I can kill 2 things at once.

Old 04-08-2015, 09:49 AM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Received 368 Likes on 311 Posts
Originally Posted by pirranah
I noticed the car has that mushroom problem so I'll need to get a hold of it before these potholes do. I'm looking at a tower bar that includes the beefier braces so I can kill 2 things at once.
For this you'll need nothing more than a pair of floor stands a 13MM wrench and a bit of 2 X 4 and a dead blow hammer. Here's a couple of videos to help you along. The second one uses a different kind of plate than you are getting but the straightening part is spot on.
A good source for hardware is Way but right now he is prepping for MOTD and will be there for the duration so you'd want to get your order placed in the next few days before he leaves.
http://www.waymotorworks.com/search....=search&page=1

Old 04-08-2015, 09:56 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 762 Likes on 622 Posts
Originally Posted by Fly'n Brick
A good source for hardware is Way but right now he is prepping for MOTD and will be there for the duration so you'd want to get your order placed in the next few days before he leaves.
http://www.waymotorworks.com/search....=search&page=1
Thanks, but we WILL have someone in the shop working on MINIs and shipping parts while I'm at MOTD so orders will continue even during the Dragon.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more