1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New From Norfolk, VA

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 04:56 PM
DandoOneWord
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New From Norfolk, VA

Bought my first MINI. Crazy change for me going to a car that could almost fit in my truck. I love her zip and zoom! She needs some detailing and a little love but I think were gonna have some fun!

2006 MCS that is bone stock...

Attached Thumbnails New From Norfolk, VA-00l0l_htzvtce6zf_600x450.jpg  

Last edited by DandoOneWord; 06-18-2015 at 06:29 AM.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:59 PM
MiniTigger
5th Gear
Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
Congrats. . I'm trying to find mine.

Old 06-16-2015, 05:03 PM
DandoOneWord
1st Gear
Heres the crazy thing... I wasn't even looking for a MINI and started searching for cars in a certain price range... A MINI came up and I remember driving my ex-gfs 5 years ago and it was so fun to drive and started searching for MINIs and found an S with a manual trans and bought her the next day... Crazy spent like a month trying to find a mustang and decided to go a completely different route and found my new Midnight Mistress...

Last edited by DandoOneWord; 06-18-2015 at 06:30 AM.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:09 PM
MiniTigger
5th Gear
Nice .. love the name. We have a Fiat 500 (FrankenStorm) in the family. I have always loved the MC's - especially the older ones. I figure it's about time to give this Fiat a run for it's money. That said, it looks like it'll spend a little more time in the shop than the Fiat does.

Old 06-16-2015, 05:13 PM
DandoOneWord
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MiniTigger
Nice .. love the name. We have a Fiat 500 (FrankenStorm) in the family. I have always loved the MC's - especially the older ones. I figure it's about time to give this Fiat a run for it's money. That said, it looks like it'll spend a little more time in the shop than the Fiat does.
More time in the shop as in upgrades or repairing broken stuff?

Old 06-16-2015, 06:21 PM
MiniTigger
5th Gear
Broken stuff. The theme I'm hearing seems to be that you will be in the shop quite often.

Old 06-17-2015, 05:30 AM
JABowders
6th Gear
Received 180 Likes on 168 Posts
Welcome to the MINIacs!

It is like a disease, easy to get... hard to get rid of.

Motor on!

Old 06-17-2015, 08:00 AM
DandoOneWord
1st Gear
My last project was a 600hp F250 so this is literally the opposite spectrum and I'm loving it. When I planned on buying one I looked up all kinds of "mods" but now that I got her I think I'll enjoy her unmolested until I get bored. Plus with the miles I need to feel her out first before going nuts!

Old 06-17-2015, 09:13 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
haha what an interesting transition! What made you want to switch things up? If you need some good detailing stuff you can check out what we offer here. I think detailing my car is routine therapy for me, haha! If you ever need any help with fixes/repairs be sure to check out our tech articles here or ask any questions you may have! This forum is a great resource and lots of people here have great knowledge about MINI's.

-Luccia

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 06-17-2015, 11:20 AM
DandoOneWord
1st Gear
Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
haha what an interesting transition! What made you want to switch things up? If you need some good detailing stuff you can check out what we offer here. I think detailing my car is routine therapy for me, haha! If you ever need any help with fixes/repairs be sure to check out our tech articles here or ask any questions you may have! This forum is a great resource and lots of people here have great knowledge about MINI's.

-Luccia
I am very familiar with the usefulness of forums for everything vehicle related. I'm going to doing a lot of driving and wanted something fuel effiecentish and fun to drive and I drove a mini long time ago and it was fun.

Old 06-17-2015, 11:31 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by DandoOneWord
I am very familiar with the usefulness of forums for everything vehicle related. I'm going to doing a lot of driving and wanted something fuel effiecentish and fun to drive and I drove a mini long time ago and it was fun.
Nice, yes they're very efficient. Hope you enjoy it.

-Luccia

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 06-17-2015, 12:13 PM
Hurman
Neutral
welcome

Welcome to Mini's, we have a pretty active Mini club here in Hampton Roads, just look us up on facebook, that's where all the info is passed out. We do such things as Dumars runs, group trips and monthly get togethers at pubs. Please feel free to join, its free and lots of fun.

Old 06-17-2015, 01:38 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,099 Likes on 1,873 Posts
Welcome.

Looks like a checkmate edition. Very nice and congrats.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 06-17-2015, 01:53 PM
DandoOneWord
1st Gear
Yes she is a checkmate edition. Apparently I came across a great deal in just one day or looking for a mini.

Edit: and to comment above about repairs I'm getting the used vehicle warranty so no worries. I'll actually be looking for stuff to fix lol! And it can't be worse then the vehicle that I just owned that multiple class action lawsuits against it. However I did find out that this girl is in the new recall for the passenger seat air bag sensor.

Old 06-17-2015, 02:51 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Yes she is a checkmate edition. Apparently I came across a great deal in just one day or looking for a mini.

Edit: and to comment above about repairs I'm getting the used vehicle warranty so no worries. I'll actually be looking for stuff to fix lol! And it can't be worse then the vehicle that I just owned that multiple class action lawsuits against it. However I did find out that this girl is in the new recall for the passenger seat air bag sensor.

Welcome, great rare edition in 2005 , looks like someone removed the silver checker on the side.

Some info here and here

Yea, get the passenger seat done.

Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 06-17-2015, 03:14 PM
DandoOneWord
1st Gear
Originally Posted by ECSTuning
Welcome, great rare edition in 2005 , looks like someone removed the silver checker on the side.

Some info here and here

Yea, get the passenger seat done.
She's an 06, and maybe one of the other owners took it off... The first owner had her for a year and like 14k miles. Then the next guy bought her in 07 and had her till i bought her the other day.... Get the passenger seat done?

Old 06-17-2015, 03:34 PM
DandoOneWord
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Hurman
Welcome to Mini's, we have a pretty active Mini club here in Hampton Roads, just look us up on facebook, that's where all the info is passed out. We do such things as Dumars runs, group trips and monthly get togethers at pubs. Please feel free to join, its free and lots of fun.
What would I search for on Facebook? That would be great! My wife and kid are about to move back to TN for the rest of my stent here in Hampton Roads so I will have NOTHING to do lol.

Old 06-18-2015, 05:44 AM
M7Speed
Former Vendor
Welcome to the MINI!

Old 06-18-2015, 05:48 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
She's an 06, and maybe one of the other owners took it off... The first owner had her for a year and like 14k miles. Then the next guy bought her in 07 and had her till i bought her the other day.... Get the passenger seat done?

Yea, most likely, you can still get the some of the items.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/Checkmate/

Decal left and right checkmate: 51147168903 , 51147168904

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/ES79322__ES79323/

That's really low mileage for the first owner , must have been keep in the garage.

I know the checkmate was quite rare and I only see them at MINI meets.

Keep on to it.

Old 06-18-2015, 06:24 AM
DandoOneWord
1st Gear
Yea, most likely, you can still get the some of the items.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/Checkmate/

Decal left and right checkmate: 51147168903 , 51147168904

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/ES79322__ES79323/

That's really low mileage for the first owner , must have been keep in the garage.

I know the checkmate was quite rare and I only see them at MINI meets.

Keep on to it.
Wow, this is crazy that they are that rare. I got her at 124k miles for $5600 I searched a little bit before buying her but just on the basics like typical problems and stuff like that. I don't know if I want to add the decals back. That may sound harsh but I'm not one for all that, but it is the way shes supposed to be... hm discussions... You mentioned passenger seat before? or did you mean side instead of seat? Do have a few questions, well one that's bugging the hell out of me.. There's an orange toggle switch up under the window/door lock control area in that small storage spot and I cant figure out what it goes to... Picture to come when I leave work.

Old 06-18-2015, 06:37 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Yep,

" recall for the passenger seat air bag sensor. " Yea, just that sensor pad repaired from MINI.

"There's an orange toggle switch up under the window/door lock control area in that small storage spot and I cant figure out what it goes to."

Since you have Rally Lights ( front grille mounted additional driving lights ) they might have mounted a toggle for wiring instead of using the factory set and button kit.

Thanks

Old 06-18-2015, 06:39 AM
DandoOneWord
1st Gear
Yep,

" recall for the passenger seat air bag sensor. " Yea, just that sensor pad repaired from MINI.

"There's an orange toggle switch up under the window/door lock control area in that small storage spot and I cant figure out what it goes to."

Since you have Rally Lights ( front grille mounted additional driving lights ) they might have mounted a toggle for wiring instead of using the factory set and button kit.

Thanks
That's what I was thinking. When I flipped the switch and checked I realized there were no bulbs and subsequently noticed there was no wiring going into the lights, I definitely chuckled.

Last edited by DandoOneWord; 06-18-2015 at 07:25 AM.