1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Greetings from St. Louis

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 09:52 PM
BowlInJar
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greetings from St. Louis

Yahoo! I'm on my way to becoming a new MINI owner. Earlier today, I just placed an order for my very first 2 door hardtop Justa. I'm beyond excited right now.

This will be the first car in my adult life that I feel like I didn't settle for. I've been saving for my next car for the last 5 years and specifically for a MINI the last 1.5 years. Needless to say, I'm pretty stoked to have locked in my configuration and placed a deposit today. Feels good to no longer have the urge to continuously mess with the configurator and play the "what if" game!

I've got to say, the folks at MINI of St. Louis have been nothing but awesome, as I've bugged them several times over the last few months. My MA, Gerard Bulber, has been great to work with. Super laid back guy, very knowledgeable, and truly wanted to help me be happy with my choices. Not pushy in the least. Almost too "not pushy" When I was interested in taking advantage of a 2015 deal, they helped me evaluate options until I ultimately reached a dead end. And instead of leaving me hanging, and/or facing a long drive to a different dealer, they went out of their way to work out a deal on a custom 2016. Not quite as good of a deal as these 2015's, but still a very good deal, and I couldn't be happier with my current situation!

So what did I order? I waffled between a pepper white "S" with a few less features (and a bit more money) vs. a fairly loaded Justa in BRG. I test drove both versions again today and ultimately decided on the more decked out Justa. In the end, I decided that I didn't really need the performance of an S and that I really liked the gas mileage of the base model too. And coming from my crappy 2006 Mazda 5, the Justa is already a big step up in performance.

2016 Hard Top Justa - BRG II
  • White roof and stripes
  • JCW Interior Package with Double Stripe Carbon Black cloth seats (I think the green stripes in the seats will look terrific with the BRG car color.)
  • Fully loaded package
  • 16" Silver Victory Spoke wheels
  • All-Season tires
  • Heated front seats

Now, I get to play the waiting game. Yahoo!!!!

Old 10-11-2015, 12:25 PM
SODA66
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Be sure and post pictures when you get it and don't forget to join the STL Mini cub. It is a great club and we do a lot of things, like once a month meeting at various restaurants, Donut runs, Winery tours and one year even went across the Chain of Rock bridge. Plus you receive a discount at the Mini dealer when you have work performed there because you are a club member.

We had 6 Minis at the STL English Car show this year and several at the STL
European car show earlier.

Good luck.

Old 10-11-2015, 12:36 PM
Mini3333
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats! You will have no regrets with the fully loaded package. I look forward to seeing the pics.

If it's anything like my 2008 or 2015 those heated seats will toast your tail and lower back on level 3...

Old 10-12-2015, 06:50 AM
BowlInJar
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mini_wisconsin
Congrats! You will have no regrets with the fully loaded package. I look forward to seeing the pics.

If it's anything like my 2008 or 2015 those heated seats will toast your tail and lower back on level 3...
Thanks!!! I think you are right about the fully loaded package. It's been a couple days since I ordered, and I wondered if I'd second guess my choice to pass on the S without the without the fully loaded package, but I haven't. If anything, I'm more confident than before that I made the right choice

Originally Posted by SODA66
Be sure and post pictures when you get it and don't forget to join the STL Mini cub. It is a great club and we do a lot of things, like once a month meeting at various restaurants, Donut runs, Winery tours and one year even went across the Chain of Rock bridge. Plus you receive a discount at the Mini dealer when you have work performed there because you are a club member.

We had 6 Minis at the STL English Car show this year and several at the STL
European car show earlier.

Good luck.
I look forward to posting photos, and I'm sure that I'll be joining the STL Mini Club next year. I looked at some of the group's photos on Facebook with my 12 year old son, and he's already claiming shotgun on the next donut run. This is going to be so much fun. Cain't wait!

Last edited by BowlInJar; 10-12-2015 at 06:52 AM. Reason: all ready = already. LOL
Old 10-12-2015, 08:00 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Welcome to NAM and congratulations on your order! Great color choice and be sure to update us once you get your hands on it.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 10-12-2015, 02:05 PM
BowlInJar
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Welcome to NAM and congratulations on your order! Great color choice and be sure to update us once you get your hands on it.
Thanks a bunch!!! I'll totally be updating with photos when I get my hands on it.

In the meantime, I've been reading a lot on the Detailing 101 board. Two bucket washes, clay bars, and stuff are all totally new to me. I've had boring cars in the past and really didn't put much effort into keeping them looking their best... but knowing me, since I will actually take pride in this car, I'll probably go all OCD on it. At least I have a few research topics to keep me busy while I play the waiting game for my car. I'm really liking the videos that Adam's Polishes put out.

Last edited by BowlInJar; 10-12-2015 at 02:06 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 10-12-2015, 02:14 PM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Originally Posted by BowlInJar
Thanks a bunch!!! I'll totally be updating with photos when I get my hands on it.

In the meantime, I've been reading a lot on the Detailing 101 board. Two bucket washes, clay bars, and stuff are all totally new to me. I've had boring cars in the past and really didn't put much effort into keeping them looking their best... but knowing me, since I will actually take pride in this car, I'll probably go all OCD on it. At least I have a few research topics to keep me busy while I play the waiting game for my car. I'm really liking the videos that Adam's Polishes put out.
You're very welcome!

Life's too short to drive boring cars, right? You'll love your new MINI. I actually am pretty good friends with Adam's head of marketing in Colorado. Did a few things personally for them, promotion wise. I'm obsessed with their detail spray as it is absolutely amazing. Anytime I wash the car, when I go to dry it I spray that all over the car and then wipe it dry, section by section of course. Gives it such a nice shine and leaves it feeling really smooth. I also love their In & Out Spray and use it on everything. It works magnificently on the engine bay as well. Cleans it up very nicely. Smells good too. Also, try to apply a nice coat of wax on her every 6 months. It'll really help protect it and prolong the life.

Old 12-03-2015, 06:36 AM
BowlInJar
2nd Gear
Yahoo!!! I picked up my car last night!!!!!

Here's the photo that my MA took for their Facebook page:

I've spent a total of about 40 minutes driving it so far. Not much, but enough to know that I'm extremely happy with my purchase. I'm still grinning from the drive to work this morning.

Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until next week to get some better photos and have some time to really get to know it, as I'll be travelling the new few days. But, I'm super happy that I was able to pick it up last night. Peace of mind knowing that my MINI will be all cozy in my garage instead of at the dealer lot over the weekend

In case this post ever comes up when someone is searching for information about MINI of St. Louis, I have to say, my experience there was truly outstanding. Everyone who I came in contact there was genuinely friendly, knowledgeable, and gracious. And I asked a LOT of questions too. Not once did I ever feel like I was being pressured about anything (not even in the finance room.) After I placed the order, they responded quickly to the couple of email questions that I sent and reached out to me occasionally with status updates. Knowing that I'd be out of town the next day, they worked hard to ensure that I could pick up my car last night despite just receiving it. And finally, the "pick up" process was just awesome. My MA spent a lot of time going through everything with my wife and I before we took it home. These people know how to do it right!

Cheers!

Old 12-03-2015, 07:36 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Congratulations and glad your purchase process was a breeze. Enjoy!

Old 12-03-2015, 10:38 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,099 Likes on 1,873 Posts
That new BRG II with white looks sooooo good.

Congrats !

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 12-03-2015, 10:57 AM
BowlInJar
2nd Gear
Thanks guys!!!!!!

Old 12-04-2015, 06:14 AM
MiniRoadstah
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Don't tell anyone, but I think all those Justa hoods and Justa faces look great. Very clean design. The hood scoop isn't even functional on my Mini, so at speed it just disturbs the air flow. A functional scoop would be better... but it's only decoration.

Your BRG is Mini perfect. Nice wheels, too! Will be patient and wait for pictures.