1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member out of Sacramento

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 05:28 PM
Hunter8511
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Member out of Sacramento

Hello all. New member out Of the sacramento area. Im an Admin of Capital City MINI's our local group with a little over 275 members. I am the proud owner of Allison, a Pepper white(fastest color)2011 MINI Cooper s Hartop. simple bolt ons and some side stripes. Joined so I can get feedback, help, and ask general questions from the community.

Starting off my show build next month for the 2016 season. I have 6 shows under my belt for 2015 but no prizes or trophies. I just competed to figure out how the judges see things and what to expect. Great experience and also very enlightening. Judging can be very influenced by sponsors and friendships in certain areas. So now to just move on with the build.

Heres Allison in a nice roller from one of our runs. Yup, I have rice and boy is it delicious. Hits my nostalgia for fast and the furious. If you dont like it buzz off(fed by haters) you can say all the things you want, ive heard most of em and I don't care. Its my car and I like what I like and give no V-Tech unicorn farts about your opinion on how I should run MY car. And if you do like it, I appreciate you for being awesome. lol. Thanks guys and hope to be talking to a lot of you soon. Hit me up on instagram if you want to follow my build @Steam_Works_Mini

Old 11-06-2015, 06:06 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,091 Likes on 1,865 Posts
Welcome.

Nice rolling shot. Blue side stripes look good on the white.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 11-06-2015, 08:13 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Welcome to NAM! Allison looks like you take great care of her. What are your build plans?If you need anything for it be sure to let me know!

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 11-08-2015, 07:08 PM
Hunter8511
Neutral
As far as performance is concerned, I may get a tune but I have warranty through MINI that I have to be cautious. However, aesthetics are starting to take off. That is the main focus. Currently getting ready to upgrade my sound system with JL Equipment, just waiting on the last few bits and bobs from Ebay and Amazon. Then after that is a full LED retrofit and new headlights, fog lights, and rally lights from OPT 7. Late December/Early January will be graphics for my Mecha MINI theme. A Panel, Hood scoop, Boot lid, and other little bits of wrap and decals around the car. Inspiration from an EZ-8 Gundam. Late winter/early spring will be new OZ Racing wheels and full suspension makeover with H&R Coils and misc bits. Low enough to be aesthetically pleasing but not so low I need a new oil pan every few months. After that is just little things that i'm not going to stress about until then. lol.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:17 PM
theflyingboxcar
Neutral
Hey Hunter8511, sweet ride bro. My wife has a 2003 in red that's currently down due to a clutch, I'd love to get her back on the road so I can take my own sweet rolling pics! I see you're in Sacramento, me too. You seem like a guy "in the know."

I apologize if 'm hijacking, but I really need to get her car fixed and budget is a huge concern. A clutch job is pretty spendy so I want to make sure I go to the right shop the first time. Do you have any recommendations for a good shop in the Sacramento area?

Thanks man, cheers!