1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soon to be new MINI owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 06:26 AM
BoydDroid
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soon to be new MINI owner

Hello,

I joined here maybe a month ago because I was interested in owning a MINI and have, till now, only done some looking around. I was hoping to find that buying a MINI would not be a huge mistake. I've heard MINIs described as "quirky" and as I already own a quirky car this frightened me a bit. I currently own a 2008 SAAB 9-3. I'm not a Chevy or Toyota kind of guy.

Tomorrow, Monday Nov 9, if all goes well at the insurance agent, I will be buying a new 2015 MINI Cooper S Hardtop, 2 door, Deep Blue, from MINI of Las Vegas. This car has very few options (I'm trying to keep the price down). This dealer has cars with almost no options and cars with nearly all the options, they don't seem to have anything in between. But most of the things I really want are standard and I'll live without the nice to haves. I'm excited but also a bit nervous. I think I'm getting a good deal though, they are taking $2260 off the top because they are trying to get rid of the 2015s.

I started out thinking I wanted a Countryman till I test drove a Cooper S. I don't really need the extra space. It's more about the joy of driving to me.

Link to the actual car on the dealer's website: http://www.lasvegasmini.com/VehicleD...-NV/2643934313

Anyway, wish me luck.

Brian

Last edited by BoydDroid; 11-08-2015 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Add link
Old 11-08-2015, 05:34 PM
Mini3333
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Brian,

That's a nice MINI. You will enjoy it and you will have nothing to worry about becuase new MINIs come with a really good warranty.

Good luck to you!

Old 11-09-2015, 09:23 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Welcome to NAM, Brian! Did you end up getting the F56? Looks to be in good shape.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 11-10-2015, 05:52 AM
BoydDroid
1st Gear
YEP, I got it!

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Welcome to NAM, Brian! Did you end up getting the F56? Looks to be in good shape.
I did get it! I spent like half the day at MINI of Las Vegas yesterday and came away with a 2 door Hardtop. I HAD to, my wife dropped me off on her way to work so I needed a way to get home.

But I don't know about the F56 designation, I don't know how to know if that's what I got.

The dealership treated me very well, I thought. And I think I got a good deal, even if MINI dealers don't really deal. They took some off the price because it's a 2015.

So far I love it, but it does take some getting used to. It handles amazingly well, and has plenty of power - and I haven't put it into sport mode yet. I don't think I've stopped grinning yet, and I don't smile.

Interesting: I included a picture but it displayed upside down, so I removed it. I'll have to figure that out later.

Old 11-10-2015, 08:38 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Originally Posted by BoydDroid
I did get it! I spent like half the day at MINI of Las Vegas yesterday and came away with a 2 door Hardtop. I HAD to, my wife dropped me off on her way to work so I needed a way to get home.

But I don't know about the F56 designation, I don't know how to know if that's what I got.

The dealership treated me very well, I thought. And I think I got a good deal, even if MINI dealers don't really deal. They took some off the price because it's a 2015.

So far I love it, but it does take some getting used to. It handles amazingly well, and has plenty of power - and I haven't put it into sport mode yet. I don't think I've stopped grinning yet, and I don't smile.

Interesting: I included a picture but it displayed upside down, so I removed it. I'll have to figure that out later.
haha that's a good excuse to purchase one. It's no fun not being able to get home.

So, is the 2015 MCS that you got a 3 door (including trunk) or a 5 door (including trunk). 3 door is an F56 and a 5 door is an F55.

If you have a photo editor on your computer you can flip it correctly and then upload it by pressing on the square yellow image that looks like it has a moon and mountains in it. Glad you're enjoying it so far!

Old 11-10-2015, 08:56 AM
BoydDroid
1st Gear
I have a 3 door.

I may be having second thoughts, perhaps I should have gotten the "more practical" 5 door. I got into the back seat last night, wasn't too hard getting in, and the seat is comfortable, but was much more difficult getting out. Oh well, I won't be sitting back there.

Old 11-10-2015, 10:02 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Originally Posted by BoydDroid
I have a 3 door.

I may be having second thoughts, perhaps I should have gotten the "more practical" 5 door. I got into the back seat last night, wasn't too hard getting in, and the seat is comfortable, but was much more difficult getting out. Oh well, I won't be sitting back there.
So the F56 it is! Yes, you'll be driving it so just remember that it puts a smile on your face. Enjoy and happy motoring.

Old 11-10-2015, 11:31 AM
BoydDroid
1st Gear
This is it.

Attached Thumbnails Soon to be new MINI owner-f56.jpg  
Old 11-10-2015, 05:09 PM
Mini3333
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats!