1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to NAM

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 05:28 PM
TXcooper04
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to NAM

New to the Mini world and really looking forward to seeing what I can do with my Mini. Love the car and excited to what the future holds for it. I currently have a 2004 MCS R53 with just over 99k miles on it. None stock as of now but that will soon change Pepper white exterior and tan and black leather seats.

Painted the wheels myself. Small touch haha

Old 11-23-2015, 09:20 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Welcome to NAM! Good job on the wheels. Did you plasti-dip or rattle can them? What upgrades you looking to do?

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 11-23-2015, 01:32 PM
TXcooper04
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Welcome to NAM! Good job on the wheels. Did you plasti-dip or rattle can them? What upgrades you looking to do?
I did them with a rattle can, wet sanded, primed and painted black. Took a whole afternoon to paint. Took my time on the prepping.

As for the upgrades I'm gonna start with a 17% pulley and colder plugs and a CAI from Alta. (Still thinking about the DDMworks CAI, heard a lot of good things about both) Then focus on the suspension, 19mm sway bar, poly bushings all around and new shocks and lowering springs.

Old 11-23-2015, 01:39 PM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by TXcooper04
I did them with a rattle can, wet sanded, primed and painted black. Took a whole afternoon to paint. Took my time on the prepping.

As for the upgrades I'm gonna start with a 17% pulley and colder plugs and a CAI from Alta. (Still thinking about the DDMworks CAI, heard a lot of good things about both) Then focus on the suspension, 19mm sway bar, poly bushings all around and new shocks and lowering springs.
Good job with the prep work. That is definitely a very important step that people usually don't take their time on. Sounds like you've done your research! Look into powerflex bushings here. They give you prolonged tire life, improve performance and better handling. They are also more cost-effective than OEM bushings. They're very popular in the MINI community. We also will have a sale on them for Black Friday/Cyber Monday. The Bilstein Touring Class shocks/struts are also another good popular choice. They give you a pretty good feel and handling. When you get a set of springs on there be sure to invest in a set of adjustable rear control arms like Hotchkis arms. Any type of lowering you do on your MINI you'll want to have these arms to help with abnormal tire wear. If you need anything else be sure to let me know and happy modding!

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST