1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got my first Mini :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 09:09 PM
EverydayGetaway
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally got my first Mini :)

Hey everyone!

I picked up my first mini (R53) a few weeks ago after years of making excuses to not own one

I've been driving BMW's for the past decade and have longed for an R53 since they first came out, I kept telling myself it wasn't "refined" enough and wouldn't be as good a daily driver as my various E36's and E46...

I can't believe I waited so long... I haven't enjoyed a car this much in a long time, what an amazingly fun little car!

This is my '06 Cooper S
DSCF7932-2.jpg by Lucas Graenicher, on Flickr

6-speed MT, 50k miles and a whole lot of fun

Old 12-22-2015, 06:26 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Welcome to NAM! What a great looking R53. Congratulations on your purchase. Looks very clean. Any plans with it or you leaving it as is?

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 12-22-2015, 06:32 AM
Helix13mini
Former Vendor
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Not too far from Helix and the PhillyMINI crowd. I smell a springtime roadtrip!

Old 12-22-2015, 07:15 AM
EverydayGetaway
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Welcome to NAM! What a great looking R53. Congratulations on your purchase. Looks very clean. Any plans with it or you leaving it as is?
Thanks! It's super clean, I was really surprised considering all the other ones I looked at on the search for this one.

I plan on doing the usual bolt ons, except for the exhaust, I love the sound of the stock exhaust and I'd be terrified to mess it up Once I can sell my E46 I'll probably start with the pulley reduction since I'm pretty sure it needs a new serpentine belt soon anyway.

I'd also like to do some stuff with the interior. I found a few pictures of leather wrapped dashboards and fell in love. Also found a store on eBay that seems pretty well known in the community who sells a to dash cover exactly like I'm interested in... but I'm curious to know how or if it will interfere with the passenger side airbag... so if anyone knows the answer to that it'd be great!

I already ordered a GROM SB1 for it, but can't get the Mini to stream audio from it, the stereo just says "NO MAGAZINE" whenever I try to switch to the right input.

Originally Posted by Helix13mini
Not too far from Helix and the PhillyMINI crowd. I smell a springtime roadtrip!
I did already find your store and was making a mental shopping list

Part of the reason I joined this forum was to find a local club to meet up with

Old 12-22-2015, 07:33 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by EverydayGetaway
Thanks! It's super clean, I was really surprised considering all the other ones I looked at on the search for this one.

I plan on doing the usual bolt ons, except for the exhaust, I love the sound of the stock exhaust and I'd be terrified to mess it up Once I can sell my E46 I'll probably start with the pulley reduction since I'm pretty sure it needs a new serpentine belt soon anyway.

I'd also like to do some stuff with the interior. I found a few pictures of leather wrapped dashboards and fell in love. Also found a store on eBay that seems pretty well known in the community who sells a to dash cover exactly like I'm interested in... but I'm curious to know how or if it will interfere with the passenger side airbag... so if anyone knows the answer to that it'd be great!

I already ordered a GROM SB1 for it, but can't get the Mini to stream audio from it, the stereo just says "NO MAGAZINE" whenever I try to switch to the right input.
You're welcome. Sounds like you've got a plan and an idea for what you want to do. There are a lot of DIY threads on here for interior trim wrapping. You should be fine and it's relatively easy. If you ever need anything or have any questions be sure to let me know.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST