1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Time Mini Owner in Alaska

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 05:40 PM
Nita Esmailka
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Time Mini Owner in Alaska

Hey, so this isn't my first post though it should've been. 2 days ago I finally received my 2016 mini cooper s countryman all4 after 2 months of waiting. I was seriously looking for a vehicle forever, I almost went with the subaru crosstrek but after an unpleasant experience with the dealership I crossed that off my list.

I have always wanted a mini-cooper but the main reason I sold my Honda civic was because the fwd was no match for my treacherous driveway so I didn't even think about mini until I found out about the mini-cooper countryman and its all 4 system.

We almost bought a paceman off the lot, but the one we wanted was a manual so the dealership gave me the go-ahead to do a custom order. This is my first new vehicle and having free reign to MAKE a vehicle was awesome, and I was in no rush as I had a truck I was allowed to borrow.

Anyway, I just bought my car 2 days ago, and I am in love. The closest dealership is 360 miles away so we had to fly down and drive it back up, even through the mountains and hills my car was a champ.

My favorite features are the moonroof, stealth mode, xenon headlights with black housings, heated seats, anthracite headliner, and harmon kardon sound system though I did get many other options.

The photo is the build photo as I haven't been able to take a great photo of her in daylight (we actually only have like 3 hours of daylight right now anyway). It looks exactly like it does in the photo, seeing her in real life for the first time was just so surreal.

I think she is the perfect match for me as driving a truck for the last 3 months had killed my driving spirit. I also haven't had a problem with my driveway so the all4 system seems solid. Excited to be here, and especially excited to get to know the mini life.

Attached Thumbnails First Time Mini Owner in Alaska-stealth.jpg  
Old 01-02-2016, 11:00 PM
Zephyr1
3rd Gear
Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the MINI world Nita, and to MINI's in AK! I just moved to Seward this summer and drive a 2013 R56s. MINIs are of course awesome, but particularly in Alaska! Whereabouts do you live? Check out the MINI Motoring Club of Alaska:
https://www.facebook.com/MINI-Motori...3867394672295/
and the ALCAN MINI:
https://www.facebook.com/AlcanMini/

Old 01-02-2016, 11:30 PM
Nita Esmailka
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Zephyr1
Welcome to the MINI world Nita, and to MINI's in AK! I just moved to Seward this summer and drive a 2013 R56s. MINIs are of course awesome, but particularly in Alaska! Whereabouts do you live? Check out the MINI Motoring Club of Alaska:
https://www.facebook.com/MINI-Motori...3867394672295/
and the ALCAN MINI:
https://www.facebook.com/AlcanMini/
I live in Fairbanks, there are surprisingly few minis here I'll definitely check out the Alaska motoring club!

Old 01-04-2016, 08:02 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Welcome to NAM! Congratulations on the purchase. The extended periods of daylight and nighttime in Alaska has always intrigued me. When you do have time definitely post up some pictures for us. If you ever need anything in the future for your Countryman please don't hesitate to ask as we do ship to Alaska.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 01-04-2016, 02:23 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,093 Likes on 1,867 Posts
Welcome. How many MINIs are you seeing up there. Dealership is very new ?

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172