1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First time Mini owner from San Jose

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 08:14 PM
Lucila
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
First time Mini owner from San Jose

Hi Everyone!

I've been lurking around this site for months while researching Minis. I've been wanting a MCS for a long time and I was initially planning on ordering one but couldn't decide on a color! I knew I wanted the satellite grey interior, so I started stalking all of the San Francisco Bay Area dealers trying to see if I could find one that met my needs/wants. A year and a half went by and I finally stumbled across this beast. Meet Stitch!

It was 95% what I wanted and at a great price. The wheels were originally 16's but I asked the dealer to swap them for the 17" tentacle spoke wheels as part of the deal. The only other two options I wanted but didn't get were the spoiler and NAV. Glad I didn't get the navigation, but really still want the spoiler. Maybe someday I'll swap it out.

The interior is beautiful! I love the satellite grey seats and matching interior door panels. I think I'll need a lifetime supply of leather wipes though. I clean them weekly! The HK sound system is great. I'm definitely in love with my car!

Anyway, I hope to post some more on here if I think my $.02 can contribute in anyway! Thanks for reading!

Lucila

Old 01-19-2016, 06:56 AM
M7Speed
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome, great looking F56!

Old 01-19-2016, 08:12 AM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Looks like the dealer will take car of you and nice to have another local enthusiast. A great opportunity to share you enthusiasm will be at the upcoming track day at Thunder Hill, We expect to see almost 500 MINIs that day- plan to have fun and stop by our booth.
http://www.minimania.com/Join_Mini_M...NI_Thunder_VII

Old 01-19-2016, 08:28 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Welcome to NAM, Lucila! Congratulations. Stitch is a great name. Did you get it from the movie? Would love to see some pictures of your interior.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 01-19-2016, 10:38 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,099 Likes on 1,873 Posts
Originally Posted by Lucila
Hi Everyone!

I've been lurking around this site for months while researching Minis. I've been wanting a MCS for a long time and I was initially planning on ordering one but couldn't decide on a color! I knew I wanted the satellite grey interior, so I started stalking all of the San Francisco Bay Area dealers trying to see if I could find one that met my needs/wants. A year and a half went by and I finally stumbled across this beast. Meet Stitch!

It was 95% what I wanted and at a great price. The wheels were originally 16's but I asked the dealer to swap them for the 17" tentacle spoke wheels as part of the deal. The only other two options I wanted but didn't get were the spoiler and NAV. Glad I didn't get the navigation, but really still want the spoiler. Maybe someday I'll swap it out.

The interior is beautiful! I love the satellite grey seats and matching interior door panels. I think I'll need a lifetime supply of leather wipes though. I clean them weekly! The HK sound system is great. I'm definitely in love with my car!

Anyway, I hope to post some more on here if I think my $.02 can contribute in anyway! Thanks for reading!

Lucila
Welcome, like the tentacle spokes. The Nav screen is huge in the new MINI . +1 on the HK. Love the combo.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 01-19-2016, 04:21 PM
Lucila
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Welcome to NAM, Lucila! Congratulations. Stitch is a great name. Did you get it from the movie? Would love to see some pictures of your interior.
Sure did! He's blue just like stitch and I like to think he's just as rambunctious!

It's been raining here and I've been stuck at work all day, but here are some pictures of the interior from the day I bought it. I'll take some better ones when I get a chance.

Old 01-19-2016, 04:24 PM
Lucila
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Don Racine
Looks like the dealer will take car of you and nice to have another local enthusiast. A great opportunity to share you enthusiasm will be at the upcoming track day at Thunder Hill, We expect to see almost 500 MINIs that day- plan to have fun and stop by our booth.
http://www.minimania.com/Join_Mini_M...NI_Thunder_VII

Hi! Thanks for the heads up on the track day! I just might do that!

Old 01-20-2016, 08:02 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Sure did! He's blue just like stitch and I like to think he's just as rambunctious!

It's been raining here and I've been stuck at work all day, but here are some pictures of the interior from the day I bought it. I'll take some better ones when I get a chance.

Love those seats

Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 01-20-2016, 08:04 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor

I love it! Stitch is one of my favorite characters. Good name choice. That interior is great. Thanks for sharing.

Old 02-23-2016, 09:56 AM
Lucila
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Better late than never I guess! I took these yesterday.

I thought the satellite grey would be harder to keep clean, but they hold up real well. I'm pretty OCD about keeping my cars pristine though. My other car is 17 years old and the interior still looks new.

I'm really happy with this interior. It was more important to me than the exterior color

Old 02-23-2016, 10:00 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Looks very good! I do enjoy that interior very much. For cleaning, check out this blog post HERE. He goes a little above and beyond to keep his seats clean, but he gives some good info and highlights a good product to use.

Old 02-23-2016, 10:19 AM
sevin
6th Gear
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Nice colors! I like the interior too, except for that gear lever...

Old 02-23-2016, 10:26 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
The interior looks very nice, like you went with the light color door option and that piping on the seat set off the leather.