1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Clubman on order!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 03:09 PM
pschuchman
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Clubman on order!

Hi everyone! I'm very excited to be here. I was able to order my new 2016 Clubman just about 2 1/2 weeks ago - have a VIN # and my baby is scheduled to be finished in production this Thursday.

I wanted to thank the folks that provided the incredibly informative thread with the phone number for mini - I called and got a really friendly person who gave me all the information I needed & wanted...and even encouraged me to call anytime. Which is great, I don't think my dealership likes that I stop in just to sit in the car every few days....

I'm really excited to get my baby and can't wait to show off the photos...we have something special planned for this, but I've wanted a MINI for so long and I just can't wait to get it now!

Old 02-01-2016, 08:57 PM
MiniRoadstah
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Congrats! Mini makes a really special car. I've read a lot of good reviews, mostly by surprised reviewers on how good the new Clubman really is. Seems most were not prepared for what they experienced while driving this model.

Looking forward to seeing what you ordered, and welcome to the NAM forum.

Old 02-02-2016, 05:48 AM
pschuchman
2nd Gear
Thank you! I ordered a Melting Silver S model... Automatic.....with black lounge leather seats, nav, illuminated dash, mini yours steering wheel (no paddles). And more...I drove my dealer a little crazy trunk to figure out what was what and how it could all look. In the end i did my own detective work as they couldn't show me the seats at all...and I really wanted to see what the headrests looked like with the Union Jack logo ...so I found the stuff on the Mini site...and printed the picture off for my sales guy.

Our plan is to wrap the car in a custom car wrap we've designed for my photography business. I'm very excited and a little nervous at the same time. I love the design we came up with, but also love the Melting Silver...so it will be interesting for sure....

Either way, today is assembly day! Paint tomorrow...then a day to rest I'm told.

Thank you again for the welcome!

Old 02-02-2016, 08:06 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Welcome to NAM! Congratulations. Melting Silver, nice! Is the wrap going to cover the whole car or is it just partial?

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 02-02-2016, 08:51 AM
pschuchman
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Welcome to NAM! Congratulations. Melting Silver, nice! Is the wrap going to cover the whole car or is it just partial?
It is almost a full wrap- I'm leaving the roof body color and mirrors as body color. Here is a rendition of it, but this is not the new Clubman body, so it's close - just not exact.

Hope it's not too small a jpeg now...sorry...

Attached Thumbnails New Clubman on order!-ps-photo-final2-small.jpg  
Old 02-02-2016, 08:59 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Originally Posted by pschuchman
It is almost a full wrap- I'm leaving the roof body color and mirrors as body color. Here is a rendition of it, but this is not the new Clubman body, so it's close - just not exact.

Looks good! I like it. I think it'll contrast nicely with the mirror and roof left undone in Melting Silver. The wrap will also help protect the paint and if/when you ever take it off it will still be in great condition. What type of photography do you do? Edit: Never mind, I read the back shot of the image as it says what type. I have an extensive background in that industry.

Old 02-02-2016, 09:39 AM
pschuchman
2nd Gear
That was the goal, - nice contrast. And one of the reasons I went with all over wrap was to protect it and not have a "ghosting" issue when the wrap was removed. It will be garage kept, too, which will also help a lot.

What was your background?

Old 02-02-2016, 09:47 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
That was the goal, - nice contrast. And one of the reasons I went with all over wrap was to protect it and not have a "ghosting" issue when the wrap was removed. It will be garage kept, too, which will also help a lot.

What was your background?
Very nice. I have a shop car that is wrapped for about 7 years now. It has held up decently even with it being a land speed record car, going over 200MPH many times. Most of the time it sits and is garage kept as well. It'll be due for a new wrap in a couple years, but looking forward to seeing how the paint has kept up underneath. Even some spray on UV wax protection is good for the wrap to keep it well maintained over the years. My current vehicle has a partial wrap on it and anytime I wash/wax the car, the vinyl portion gets a treatment as well. I've been a model for 10+ years! I am dabbling in the photography area of the industry currently. Been really into automotive photography recently.

Old 02-02-2016, 10:15 AM
MiniRoadstah
5th Gear
Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Very nice. I have a shop car that is wrapped for about 7 years now. It has held up decently even with it being a land speed record car, going over 200MPH many times. Most of the time it sits and is garage kept as well. It'll be due for a new wrap in a couple years, but looking forward to seeing how the paint has kept up underneath. Even some spray on UV wax protection is good for the wrap to keep it well maintained over the years. My current vehicle has a partial wrap on it and anytime I wash/wax the car, the vinyl portion gets a treatment as well. I've been a model for 10+ years! I am dabbling in the photography area of the industry currently. Been really into automotive photography recently.
Looks to me like we should see some pictures of this wrapped land speed car, don't you think?

Old 02-02-2016, 10:22 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Originally Posted by MiniRoadstah
Looks to me like we should see some pictures of this wrapped land speed car, don't you think?
Should be more specific, as it's from the old shop I worked at. Can read more about the 1,000HP+ beast HERE. That's it in street mode, but it's now used for the Bonneville Salt Flats and runs a parachute in the back.

Old 02-02-2016, 10:33 AM
MiniRoadstah
5th Gear
Too cool!

Old 02-03-2016, 06:37 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,100 Likes on 1,873 Posts

Very cool , so it will be kind of like the MINI Clubvan that was used for shops and adverting.

Which is not sold here anymore. :(

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 02-03-2016, 07:26 AM
pschuchman
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ECSTuning
Very cool , so it will be kind of like the MINI Clubvan that was used for shops and adverting.

Which is not sold here anymore. :(
Yeah, it will be sort of - I won't work "out of" the car so to speak but I will travel with it everywhere I go for the advertising. And when I do go on location, it will be my vehicle for sure. I have the luxury of having 21 acres of space that I use for my business so many of my clients come to me - but I still go out for other things, and sometimes deliveries, etc. So I wanted to be seen in a good way.

I was pleased the designer was able to incorporate the base car color with my logo colors, and my business specifics too. I wanted it to not be "in your face", or so crazy you couldn't see the relevance to the industry. So I was a little more picky than some, but again, this is a brand-new car, and one I've wanted for so long...so I wanted to be sure what I put on it outside was a great as the car itself.

Today should be paint day, so I'm super excited! I know it's still a long way off - I'm told I could still be waiting 8 weeks to get it, but knowing something has happened on it is good too.

Old 02-03-2016, 07:38 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,100 Likes on 1,873 Posts
Very nice, I always liked they used the base color, glad you did also on the design, much like the adverts on the Clubvan , they played the theme.

Part your MINI in the center of town and it will strum up businesses when your out.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172