1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to NAM, lurking since I bought my 05 r53

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 11:23 PM
The duff king
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to NAM, lurking since I bought my 05 r53

I've used this site a lot for most maintenance on my mini and it's definitely help a lot. Shout out to way for supplying me all my parts and pelican for all the diy threads.
So far on my 05 r53 with 96k I've replaced the upper motor mount with an oem one to test out how bad my powerflex trans and lower mounts vibrate. Let's say that everything vibrates anyway so as soon as that fails I'll be investing in a solid mount. Other than that I have I.e. fixed camber plates, powerflex lower control arm bushings and sway bar bushings, one ball mod, ss brake lines with the brass caliper bushings to go along with my ebc red stuffs. The first investment I made when I got it was a new a.c. compressor because Texas summers aren't cold and a craven dip stick because f that stock one.
But i have quite the project in store in the upcoming weeks. On the way I have the valeo clutch swap, quaife lsd, 17% pulley and ati super damper, as well as all the little things to change with those upgrades i.e. slave and master cylinder, spark plugs etc. And at last the coveted rear sway bar. Thinking about the ddm works intake when I do my custom exhaust which will pretty much be a straight pipe with a glasspack and possible obx headers (because why not be as loud as possible) if I'm feeling not so lazy. After that it's just a matter of what tune to get which I'm still up in the air on who to go to. Any advice comments or love/hate feel free to send my way. Happy motoring.

Old 03-19-2016, 12:18 AM
midwestinsocal
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by The duff king
I've used this site a lot for most maintenance on my mini and it's definitely help a lot. Shout out to way for supplying me all my parts and pelican for all the diy threads.
So far on my 05 r53 with 96k I've replaced the upper motor mount with an oem one to test out how bad my powerflex trans and lower mounts vibrate. Let's say that everything vibrates anyway so as soon as that fails I'll be investing in a solid mount. Other than that I have I.e. fixed camber plates, powerflex lower control arm bushings and sway bar bushings, one ball mod, ss brake lines with the brass caliper bushings to go along with my ebc red stuffs. The first investment I made when I got it was a new a.c. compressor because Texas summers aren't cold and a craven dip stick because f that stock one.
But i have quite the project in store in the upcoming weeks. On the way I have the valeo clutch swap, quaife lsd, 17% pulley and ati super damper, as well as all the little things to change with those upgrades i.e. slave and master cylinder, spark plugs etc. And at last the coveted rear sway bar. Thinking about the ddm works intake when I do my custom exhaust which will pretty much be a straight pipe with a glasspack and possible obx headers (because why not be as loud as possible) if I'm feeling not so lazy. After that it's just a matter of what tune to get which I'm still up in the air on who to go to. Any advice comments or love/hate feel free to send my way. Happy motoring.
I just did the Valeo clutch last month. Was hesitant due to some extent comments I read on here. However I have not had any issues other than taking a day to get used to the pedal feel. Definitely recommend it. I did the same thing and lurked the board for a bit. All of the people here all very helpful, and have some of the best knowledge I've seen about these cars. Enjoy!

Old 03-19-2016, 01:08 AM
The duff king
1st Gear
Originally Posted by midwestinsocal
I just did the Valeo clutch last month. Was hesitant due to some extent comments I read on here. However I have not had any issues other than taking a day to get used to the pedal feel. Definitely recommend it. I did the same thing and lurked the board for a bit. All of the people here all very helpful, and have some of the best knowledge I've seen about these cars. Enjoy!
Nice, I was going to go with clutch master originally but way talked me out of it and recommended the act for track or the valeo for DD use. How did your shifter cables look? I'm worried they might be bad and I don't want to shell out 300 bucks as I already dropped hella money on the lsd.

Old 03-19-2016, 02:47 PM
midwestinsocal
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been driving mine like I stole it and no issues. Car had 120k when the clutch finally went out. Unless you plan on doing some major power or track events weekly you will be fine. Welcome to the club.

Nice, I was going to go with clutch master originally but way talked me out of it and recommended the act for track or the valeo for DD use. How did your shifter cables look? I'm worried they might be bad and I don't want to shell out 300 bucks as I already dropped hella money on the lsd.

Old 03-21-2016, 07:49 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,030 Likes on 1,822 Posts
Its an addiction to mod. Congrats and welcome to Nam.

The Valeo is the best for DD, I have done my shifter cables already, PM me you will need your last 7 of your vin and what the top of the shifter lug , under the shift boot looks like, either black or nylon white color .

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/52151203/

Check the guide tube, most likely just replace it so the throw out bearing sides properly. And the seal behind it.

23117551719 Guide Tube

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/23117551719/ES42445/

and

Seal 23117518633

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/23117518633/

Thanks and good luck on the clutch.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 03-21-2016, 07:50 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Welcome to NAM! Glad our tech articles have been of use to you and your MINI. Looks like you've got some great upgrades so far. When you have the chance, post some pictures for us.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 03-23-2016, 04:20 PM
The duff king
1st Gear
Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Welcome to NAM! Glad our tech articles have been of use to you and your MINI. Looks like you've got some great upgrades so far. When you have the chance, post some pictures for us.

My little beast.

Parts day is the best day.

Old 03-23-2016, 05:42 PM
buzzsaw
6th Gear
Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Might want to change all the fluids first if not documented.

Old 03-23-2016, 06:03 PM
The duff king
1st Gear
Originally Posted by buzzsaw
Might want to change all the fluids first if not documented.
Fluids in what? The only thing I haven't flushed is my radiator and my supercharger which is happening when I put my clutch in.

Old 03-23-2016, 06:35 PM
buzzsaw
6th Gear
Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Good luck.

Old 03-24-2016, 08:04 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts

My little beast.

Parts day is the best day.
Looks clean! Always been a big fan of silver. Very nice goodies too! Have you had it installed yet?

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 03-24-2016, 08:26 AM
The duff king
1st Gear
Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Looks clean! Always been a big fan of silver. Very nice goodies too! Have you had it installed yet?
No I'm going to it when I change my clutch and do my supercharger pulley/oil change/all the orings and everything I should do at 100k.