1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 12:07 AM
Captain_Slow
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello

Hey guys! Brand new here, and to new to Mini's in general. Just picked up a 2012 MCS R56 last week! Her name is Sophie, and she only has 12k on the clock. So far she's been a blast to drive, I'm very impressed with the handling.

Main reason I got her was because I needed a new daily driver. I also have an 04 Stage 2 WRX (Charlotte), and I wanted to keep the miles down on her since my commute to work is 25 miles each way.

It's really nice to average about 33 mpg, and have a couple more amenities like bluetooth, aux jack, and a clutch pedal that doesn't feel like leg day every time I drive. No plans for mods yet.

Pics!

Hello-iupenyw.jpg

Hello-k37f9hc.jpg

Sisters
Hello-lb4rekg.jpg

Feels good to be part of the club!

Old 03-26-2016, 12:52 PM
Lyfisin
1st Gear
Very cool. BRG is one of my favorites.

Old 03-26-2016, 02:34 PM
cmt52663
6th Gear
Received 314 Likes on 237 Posts
I dare you to autocross it...

Old 03-28-2016, 07:39 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Welcome to NAM! Your name wouldn't be James May now would it?

Great find BTW. Very low miles. Looks like a great DD and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. If you ever need anything be sure to let me know and welcome to MINI.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 03-29-2016, 08:34 PM
Captain_Slow
Neutral
Thanks for the warm welcome! No plans to autocross, though I could definitely see how it would be a pisser around the cones! Thanks Pelican, I couldn't believe the username was still available haha.

I am wondering about a couple things that I have noticed and just want to make sure they're normal (small things). I tried searching, but didn't find much.

1. When my foot is resting on the clutch pedal at a red light I feel a slight vibration through the pedal. The speed of the vibration seems to be consistent with engine speed.

2. I can actually hear the clutch engage if I listen closely, and the radio is off.

I've been chalking these up to a lighter clutch. It's nothing that I'm really worried about, I just want to know if it's normal. Years of driving Subaru's have trained my senses to look out for things like this haha. Any input is appreciated!

Old 03-30-2016, 08:02 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
You're welcome! Yes, I am surprised it hasn't been taken as well. Does the clutch seem to slip or act weird in anyway? Any symptoms when releasing the pedal to engage the clutch? I hear you on the training with driving Subaru's. I have an STi that's a track rat. I get paranoid if I hear even the slightest noise that wasn't there before. Doesn't help that it's not anywhere close to stock.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...tch-pedal.html

Old 03-30-2016, 10:05 AM
Captain_Slow
Neutral
Nice! What year is your STi? Yeah Subaru's aren't happy unless somethings rattling :-p

Thanks for finding that thread for me. Makes me think that it's normal and not much to be concerned about. I haven't noticed any other negative symptoms. Clutch engages and releases just fine. I'll keep an eye on it though. I appreciate the help!

Old 03-30-2016, 10:13 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Same year as your rex! Blobeyes are the best. I swear, it's like having a child sometimes.

You're welcome! You'll find that NAM has a lot of really helpful threads out there for issues. The internal search bar/thread search on NAM can be tricky sometimes, but Google usually pulls up things very well. There are a lot of very knowledgeable individuals on this forum that will be of great use to you and your new MINI. Keep an eye on it and if things change and symptoms arise, just let us know. I am here to help if you ever need anything.